‹ Prequel: Hurricane Jenny

Hurricanes in Pittsburgh?

017:

Chapter Seventeen
"Anyone else want to confess that they're secretly fuckin' in love with me?!" I growled as I stood in the center of the room and looked at all my teammates. Tyler snickered and raised his hand and I rolled my eyes and shook my head, "Shut the fuck up, TK."

"Would like me to go in the net, sauterelle?" Marc asked as he walked over towards me and placed a hand on my shoulder. I noticed that he called me another old nickname, it meant 'grasshopper' in French.

I took a deep breath and then shook my head, "No."

"Jen, your-"

"No," I repeated and Marc nodded his head and backed away. I looked at Coach to see that he nodded his head towards me. I looked at the clock on the wall and saw that it was almost time for warm up, and we all hadn't evens started to get in our gear yet, "Start getting dressed," I muttered as I turned around and walked over towards my locker and started to get ready.

By the time that we were dressed and heading towards the ice, we were a little late for warm up, but no one said anything. I skated onto the ice and over towards the net, I scratched out the ice and looked up to see that the Bruins were already on the other side, this was the first time the Penguins were playing them this season, but I had already played them when I was a Hurricane.

-Beau-
"She hates me," I said as I skated with Geno.

"She no hate you, she's probably no mad at you either."

"Why? I hate me too, I punched her," I said and then sneaked a peak towards Jen and saw her blocking some pucks.

"You no mean it, Sid said-"

"If he didn't show up, this wouldn't have happened! None of this would be happening!" I growled and Geno sighed.

"He your Captain-"

"He's trying to steal my girlfriend," I hissed lowly because I apparently was getting loud.

"Yo Bennett!" I heard and turned to see some of the Bruins looking at me, "You beat your girlfriend on a regular basis?"

I glared at Seguin, he had Lucic, Horton and a few others around him, they were all glaring back at me. I wanted to get closer, but Geno placed his hand on my shoulder.

"You don't know what you're talking about," I growled and Seguin smirked.

"That's what they all say, right?" Horton said and I shifted my glare to him.

"Can't wait for this game to start, I'm comin' after you Bennett!" Lucic said and I gulped because this guy was double my size.

"Move," Geno said and pulled me along.

-Jennifer-
'...FUCK!!!...' I growled and looked at the puck that laid inside the net. The Bruins fans cheered and I scrunched up my face in disgust, not liking the fact that my streak was broken. I cursed and then grabbed the puck and handed it to the ref.

"It's all right, Jen," I looked to my side to see Sidney coming over towards me.

"Get away from me Sid, now," I growled and he sighed and nodded his head.

I looked up towards the jumbotron to see that the score was one to one, Tyler Seguin was the first person to ever score against me, and he was going to be the last, I'll make damn sure of that, '...Get your head in her Jen! Stop thinking about anything else! Focus!...'

A little more than twelve minutes into the first period, Sidney had scored against Tuukka Rask with Kunitz and Dupuis assisting. Less than five minutes later, Tyler Seguin did something that no one's been able to do in a very long time, he scored against me, and I was pissed.

The faceoff was over by my net and I saw Tyler skating over towards me, usually players make snotty comments about scoring a goal, but he just looked at me and skated by me, stopping at my side and bending down.

"Are you all right?" I heard him ask and looked at him confused, "It's obvious that your heads not in the game."

"Count yourself lucky, you'll be the only one ever to score against me," I said and heard him chuckle, "It won't happen again."

"How's the cheek?" he asked and I sighed and watched as the ref made it to the circle.

"Hurts like hell," I muttered and he turned his head towards me a little.

"I'll kill 'em," he said and I sighed.

"You don't understand what happened," I said and the puck was dropped.

"Don't need to," Tyler said and went to get the puck, quickly retrieving it and then skating around the net and tried to shoot the puck at me again, but this time I caught it. He came up to me, stood in front of me, "He hit you."

"You don't understand what you're getting yourself into," I said and some of the players came over because they thought that Tyler was trying to pick a fight, well, that was still debatable.

"So you're saying that it's all right to be punched?" he asked and I shook my head.

"But you're going after the wrong person," I stated and he was being pulled away from me. Tyler looked at me confused and I looked over towards Sidney and then back towards Tyler, he got the point, '...Looks like I do have a friend that's a Bruin...'

I might be going to hockey hell for selling out my own teammate, my own Captain, but I'm not playing games anymore, and I was beyond pissed at Sidney Crosby for trying to break my relationship up with Beau. I might have gotten an accidental punch from Beau, but Sidney's words hurt worse than my bruised cheek.

-Beau-
I was checked into the boards twice, and that was in the first period, before Tyler Seguin scored against Jen. It seemed like after he scored and had a conversation with Jen, the Bruins stopped coming after me, and went straight for our Captain. Most of it was boarding, the Bruins penalty time just kept on getting higher and higher, and every chance we got on a power play, we blew it.

By the end of the first period, Joey Vitale managed to score with the assistance of Craig Adams and Brooks Orpik. The team skated off of the ice and walked into the locker room, no one said a word, but we all stared at Jen to see that she was beating herself up for allowing Seguin to score against her. I wanted to go over to her and tell her it was all right, but I was afraid that she was angry at me.

Coach walked in and he looked a little angry. We watched as he walked over towards Jen and placed a hand on her shoulder, "Don't beat yourself up, Staal, you're still playing great out there."

She nodded her head, but I knew that she didn't mean it. It was an awkward silence, everyone wanted to say something, but no one knew what to say. Sidney was with Doc, during his last check, he got a busted lip and a bloody nose from Shawn Thornton and it was being treated.

"What did Seguin say to you?" Cooke asked, the first to break the silence and everyone looked at him and then at Jen. She was looking at the ground, playing with her fingers, "Jen!" he called, not sure if she heard him, but she did.

Jen sighed and looked up, pure anger in her eyes, but not showing on her face, "What did he tell you and Duper before the game?"

"Told us to check out your face, said that it was bruised," Pascal said from the other side of the room.

"Why are they targeting Sid now, Jen?" Kunitz asked and Jen smirked.

"Because Lucic heard me tell Sid to fuck off and I'm guessing he told Seguin, so they put two and two together," I lied, but the guys didn't need to know the truth, "Guess the Bruins are smarter than we thought."

"You act like you're happy that your Captain is getting attacked out there," Brooks said and she sighed.

"I'm not, not happy," she said and I sighed and shook my, "Although, I wish it was me."

"Jen-"

"I don't want to talk about this anymore," she said and I looked towards the ground, the room went silent again and I looked up to see that Sidney had walked into the room.

Jen sighed and then stood up and looked at me, "I'll be in the hall."

"Jen-"

"I'll be out in the hall," she said, cutting Cooke off by trying to say something to her.

Jen looked at me one last time before she started to walk towards the door, I nodded my head and watched as she walked in front of Sidney, they looked at each other for a second and Jen kept going. She must have been two steps behind him when he turned around, grabbed her arm, pulled her back, grabbed the back of her head and pressed his lips onto hers.