‹ Prequel: Hurricane Jenny

Hurricanes in Pittsburgh?

018:

Chapter Eighteen
"DUDE!!!" I growled as I jumped up just as Jen pulled away, "WHAT THE FUCK?!!!" I yell and then felt arms around me, holding me back from going after my Captain. I looked at Jen to see that she had her hand over her mouth, she glared at him and then turned around and walked out of the room.

"What the hell was that?!" I heard someone yell, I didn't know who.

"Sorry, it wasn't planned," Sidney muttered and it only made me madder.

"Sorry?! You're sorry?!" I growled as I shoved the guys off and wanted to go after him again, but they just held me back again.

"Crosby, not cool man, I have half a right to release the kid on you," Pascal said as I felt his hand squeeze my shoulder, "You should know better than that!"

"What the hell is going on in here?!" I heard and turned my head to see Coach standing there looking at the crowd in the middle of the locker room. He saw some of the guys holding me back and some standing in-between Crosby.

"Sit down," Pascal said as he shoved me back onto the bench and then kept his hand there.

-Jennifer-
My eyes were wide, I couldn't believe that Sidney did that. He did it in front of the whole team, in front of Beau, '...What was he thinking?...'

I felt sick, I didn't want to be here anymore, I wanted to go home, and not the condo, I wanted to go back to North Carolina, '...It was a mistake coming here...'

"Jen!" I heard and snapped my head to the side to see Coach jogging over towards me, "Jen!"

"I can't! No, it was- No, I don't-"

"Calm down, calm down," he said and then sighed and looked around to see that no one was around, "Just breathe."

"Why did he do that? In front of everyone- Why did he-"

"Breathe Jen, just breathe!"

"He knows that I'm with Beau, why would he do that-"

"Kid! Calm down and breathe," Coach ordered as he grabbed my head and looked at me, my eyes were tearing up, and I was trying so hard not to cry, "Breathe," he said softly and then watched as I tried to control my breathing, "Do you want to switch out?"

"No!" I said sharply, "I let one puck go through already, I'm not gunna let people think I'm have a fit over it," I said and Coach nodded his head, "They're not getting another one."

"That's my girl!" he smirked and then patted my shoulders and then handed me my helmet, "Get going."

I nodded my head and walked back towards the locker room and down the hall where we would come out to the ice, '...We're still in the lead...'

I threw my helmet on and calmed myself down as I skated onto the ice and made my way over towards my net. As I scratched out the ice, I noticed that Sidney wasn't on the first line, he was sitting on the bench. I gulped back a sob and told myself that I need to concentrate on the game.

-Sidney-
'...You are such an idiot! Why did you do that? Now not only does she hate you, but everyone is pissed at you!...' I thought as I watched as Jen stormed out of the locker room.

"What the hell was that?!" Cooke yelled.

"Sorry, it wasn't planned," I muttered and it only made most of the guys madder.

"Sorry?! You're sorry?!" Beau growled as then shoved the guys off and wanted to go after me again, but the guys around him quickly grabbed him again.

"Crosby, not cool man, I have half a right to release the kid on you," Pascal said and I sighed, "You should know better than that!"

"What the hell is going on in here?!" I heard and turned my head to see Coach standing there looking at the crowd in the middle of the locker room. He saw the swarm of angry people in the middle of the locker room and instantly knew that something was wrong.

"Sit down," Pascal said as he shoved Beau back onto the bench and then kept his hand on Beau's shoulder.

"I'll ask one more time, what is going on-"

"Crosby stole Jen from Bennett-"

"I didn't steal her-"

"Ya tried to!" Beau growled as he stood up only to have Pascal and Craig push him back down again.

“Where’s Staal?” Coach asked as he looked around the room.

“She left, stormed out a few minutes before you came in,” Cooke said and Coach sighed and then turned around and looked at the clock.

“Get your asses to the ice!”

“Bet Jen-“

“Get your asses to the ice!” he repeated more forcefully and then left the room.

“Come on guys,” Kunitz said as he grabbed my helmet and shoved it in my stomach, “Let’s get going.”

“Bennett!”

I snapped my head to the side just in time to be punched on the side of my face. I backed up, but tripped over the bench and landed in the locker, “Don’t ever touch her again!”

“Come on Beau,” Tyler said as he grabbed the back of Beau’s jersey and started to pull him back to the locker.

“I mean it Crosby!” Beau yelled as he was taken out of the locker room.

“You’re lucky Gronk isn’t here, mon ami,” Kris said as he walked over and grabbed my hand and helped me up, “He’d kick your ass.”

“I made a stupid move,” I muttered, sitting on the bench.

Kris snorted, “That’s an understatement.”

“There lot of tension on ice now,” Geno said and I sighed and nodded my head, “Bruins already go after you, Jen friends with Seguin.”

“She’s gunna tell them and they’re probably gunna try to kill me,” I groaned as I rubbed my face.

“Why would you do that?” Craig asked and I looked at him and shrugged my shoulders.

“My body reacted before my brain,” I said and then stood up, “Come on, we have a game to win.”

I walked out towards the ice with the rest of my team and saw that Jen still wasn’t out on the ice, some of us sat on the bench and Kris, Pascal, Brooks, Chris and I leaned against the boards on the ice. The Bruins came out and most of them were glaring at me, I didn’t know if they knew about me kissing Jen, but they definitely knew that I was the reason that she got punched.

‘…So stupid! You completely ruined that relationship now!...’

Coach came out and I heard blades on the ice and saw Jen skate past us and towards the net. She didn’t even look at me, didn’t even look at any of us, I sighed and then heard Coach call for our attention.

“First line, Malkin, Cooke, Dupuis, Letang and Adams,” Coach said as he looked at me. I sighed and then hopped over the boards and sat on the bench.

‘…I’m the Captain, I always start out at the beginning of a period, is this punishment for kissing Jen?...’

-Jennifer-
We ended up winning that game, no one scored in the second or third, Sidney wasn’t put on the ice a lot, and when he was, he was boarded, checked, tripped, hooked, the works. After the game, I showered, changed and got the hell out of there. There was no going out to celebrate the win, no congratulating anyone, no stopping to see the wives and girlfriends, I was gone.

I made it to my car before I heard my name and turned around to see Tyler Seguin jogging towards me and seeing his team piling on the bus, “Hey, now what’s wrong? Thought girls usually take forever in the shower, you’re the first one out and you were practically running to your car.”

“I just want to get away from them,” I muttered, throwing my bag into my jeep.

“What happened?” Tyler asked.

“He kissed me, in front of everyone, in front of Beau,” I breathed and I felt Tyler pull me into a hug.

“You look like you need one,” he said into my ear and I nodded my head and wrapped my arms around him, really needing this hug, “Was it Crosby? I noticed he wasn’t on the ice,” Tyler said and I nodded my head, “It’ll be all right, Jen.”

“Thanks Tyler,” I said and he nodded his head, his teammates were calling him and I sighed, “You better get going.”

“Yeah, we’re flying to Winnipeg tonight,” he said and I nodded my head.

“Good luck.”

“Thanks,” he said and then reached past me and I turned my head to see that he was pulling my phone out of my jeep and looking at it, “If you need anything,” Tyler said and then handed my phone back to me and I looked to see that he added his number to my contacts.

“Thanks,” I smiled and he nodded his head.

“Bruins can always use another goalie,” he smirked and then started to walk away.

“Two year contract,” I said and Tyler shrugged his shoulders and then waved bye.

I sighed and then threw my phone back into the jeep and pulled myself into the driver’s seat. As I was pulling out of the parking spot, some of the guys were coming out of the arena, walking towards their cars; I just wanted to get home.