‹ Prequel: Hurricane Jenny

Hurricanes in Pittsburgh?

002:

Chapter Two
'...Wow...' I thought, a smirk plastered on my face as I look at all of the manly men working at either putting my entertainment center or coffee table, bookshelf, anything that needed to be built or fix. If I didn't have Beau right now, I would be a little turned on right about now, well hell I was.

It felt like a million degrees in my condo because of course, something was wrong with the ventilation unit, it was pouring heat out like crazy, I even turned it off, but it just kept coming. I had opened all the windows and the balcony doors to let the cool March air in, but I nearly fainted when they all started to take their shirts off.

'...Oh dear lord, I must be the luckiest girl in the world right about now...' I thought giggling as I was the dining room, painting the walls a light tan color.

"You know you could have paid someone to do this," Sidney said from the ground, he, Beau, James, Cooke and Craig Adams were trying to put the entertainment center up, but were having a tough time because the directions were in Russian and Geno was going to be coming over late because he had to stay after practice because a trainer needed to look after his injured shoulder.

"And risk it looking like page twenty four in fashion weekly, bitch please, this is my home, I'm going to design it the way I wanted to," I said and the guys chuckled.

"I meant, paid someone to put this all together and paint your walls," he said and I scoffed.

"And miss this view, again, bitch please!" I said and laughed as the guys shook their heads.

-Beau-
"Where the hell are the damn English directions?!" Cooke yelled as he dug through the box that had the entertainment center in, "Who the hell sends furniture without directions in English?!"

"Jen, where'd you get this?" I asked and she shrugged her shoulders.

"Walmart," she said plainly and some of the guys scoffed.

"Of course she did," Cooke muttered.

"Jen! You make money! You can but furniture that you don't have to put together!" Tyler said and Jen waved him off.

"And just be like me brother, slip right through my fingers, that's all right, I'll stitch to the cheap and nice things," she said and I smirked.

"Like Bennett?" someone teased and I rolled my eyes.

"No, I found him at the most expensive store, he was pretty much priceless," Jen said and I smirked and felt the heat rush to my face as the guys barked out a laugh.

"All right! I give up on this!" I heard Cooke yell, "We need the big man!"

"I'll call 'em," Sidney said as he pulled his phone our of his back pocket.

I sighed and then stood up and walked over towards the dining room to see Jen painting the last wall. I walked over towards her and wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed her neck.

"Having fun?" she asked and I smirked and nodded my head, "Good."

I looked around the open spaced apartment to see that all of the furniture that needed to be put together, except for the entertainment center and bookshelf, were finished, so the guys that were doing the finished pieces, had moved onto painting.

"I'm so happy you're here," I whispered into her ear and felt her shiver.

"I'm happy to be here too," she said and then turned towards me, "I'm happy to be with you."

I smirked and then pressed my lips onto hers and then felt her hand on my neck, her thumb on my cheek. I pulled away when I felt something wet on my face and then placed my hand to my cheek to see paint. Jen was laughing and I looked at her shocked. I recovered and then bent down and placed my hand in the paint.

"No!" Jen yelled and I smirked and she ran around the dining room table and out of the room, screaming at the top of her lungs and making every guy turn their heads to see why she was screaming bloody murder, "Where's my Russian?!"

The guys were laughing when I chased after her with my paint covered hand. She collided with Marc and I laughed when he grabbed her and held her there. Jen was screaming, the guys were laughing, I smirked smirking. I walked over towards her and took my hand and spread the paint all over her face, being careful to stay away from her eyes and mouth.

"Smile pretty, pretty," someone said and I turned to see Sidney holding out his phone, "Totally sending this to Gronk."

"Oh my god," Jen muttered and Marc shook her a little before he placed her on the ground and went back to painting the kitchen white. Jen started to walk over towards the sink to wash off the paint, but there was a knock at the door, so she went to the door instead, "Teddy Bear!!!" I heard her yell and looked to see Geno walking into the condo.

Jen had jumped up and hugged him, not remembering that she had paint on her face, so when she pulled away, Geno had paint on his shirt and cheek. The guys lost it as Geno stood their stunned.

"Nice one, Jen!" Kunitz yelled.

"Sorry," she said and he smirked and ruffled her hair.

"Yo Go! We need your help, it's all in Russian!" Craig Adams said as he held up the directions.

"Not have pictures?" he asked as he walked over towards them.

"Everything looks alike, we tried," Sidney said and Geno knelt down next to Cooke and took the booklet from Craig.

-Jennifer-
"Thanks a lot for everything guys," I said and the guys smirked and lined up at the door to leave.

"We'll come back tomorrow and finish painting," Sidney said and I smirked and shook my head after seeing some of the guys roll their eyes.

"That's all right, there's not much left, I'm pretty sure that I can finish it," I said and they smirked and nodded their heads, "You guys did enough."

"See you at tomorrow's skate," the guys said and I smirked and nodded my head, waving bye to them and watching one by one as they lined up like a train and left my apartment.

"That took longer than I thought," I heard and turned to see Beau leaning against the armrest of my new couch, a smirk on his face.

I shut the door and locked it, I walked over towards him and placed my hands on his chest and felt him grab my face and press his lips onto mine. The kiss didn't last long, I had to pull away when I felt someone scratching at my leg.

I looked down to see Candy whining and standing on her back paws, leaning against my leg, "Do you want to go out?" I asked and she hopped down and started to run around the condo and then over towards the door. I giggled and then turned back towards Beau, "I'll be back."

"I'll come too," he said and I nodded my head and kissed his cheek, our once paint covered faces now clean.

I grabbed Candy's leash and then my coat by the door, Beau grabbed his and then picked up Candy so that I could hook her with the leash. We walked into the hall and I turned to lock the door, then making our way to the elevator.

"Have you figured out what you're going to do with her when we're on the road?" Beau asked and I sighed and shook my head.

"I never thought that I was going to be traded when I got her," I said, leaning into Beau and wrapping my arm around his bicep as we waited for the elevator to hit the bottom, "What's the chance that Mario will let her come on the road with us?"

"Probably slim to none," Beau laughed and I sighed, "You could ask your parents?"

"My parents aren't going to come all the way up from North Carolina to watch her," I said as the doors opened and we walked into the lobby, "I'll just have to board her, or beg Mario to let her come, either way I can't leave her alone."

"Well, your first away game is in three days, we'll be gone only a night, there's a start," he said and I nodded my head.

We walked out of the building and down the street towards the park that was three blocks down from the building. Candy did her business and we walked around a little bit more, but when it got a little later, we headed back to the condo and decided to make peanut butter sandwiches and watch the NHL channel on my laptop since my TVs haven't arrived yet.

"Ok, I'm beat," I said as I yawned and shut the laptop, "Are you staying?"

He smirked and nodded his head and I smiled brightly and grabbed his hand, leaving Candy on the couch and then walking down the hallway towards my bedroom. We weren't even in the room before Beau had spun me around and crashed his lips onto mine.

I barely managed to open the door and giggled when he backed me up onto the bed and then crawled on top of me. We wiggled deeper into the bed and I collapsed against my pillows and wrapped my arms around Beau's neck. When he started to kiss my neck, that gave me the chance to look at the clock on my nightstand. It was after ten, I sighed and then patted Beau's shoulder.

"We have to get some sleep, we have to be at the arena at eight," I said and Beau pushed himself up and looked at me, "You know how I get if I don't have enough sleep."

Beau smirked and then gave me a quick peck on the lips, "Put your broom away."

"Hey!" I laughed and Beau rolled off of me smirking, and then started to get undressed.

I got out of bed and then walked over towards the closet to grab some shorts and a tank top, changed really quick, threw my hair in a ponytail and then climbed back into bed. Beau was only in his boxers when he climbed back into bed and I laid against his chest, smiling when he wrapped his arms around me and placed his chin on top of my head. Our legs were tangled together and I loved the way he smelled so good and he was so warm.

Just before the boys had left, some repair men had fixed the ventilation system and stopped everyone in the building from melting because of the heat. Now since I had all the windows and balcony doors opened, it was cold in the condo, so I welcomed Beau's heat.

"Night Jenny," Beau said as he kissed my forehead.

"Night Beau."