‹ Prequel: Hurricane Jenny

Hurricanes in Pittsburgh?

020:

Chapter Twenty
“Tell the story again,” Marc said as an angry Jordan and Eric sat on the couch and stared at my face.

After I had told Marc everything, he was so angry that if he didn’t have a game tonight, he would have flown down to Pittsburgh to kick Sidney’s ass. But instead of doing that, he called Jordan and Eric and told them that they better get over here. At least a half hour later, Jordan and Eric were here, surprised and happy to see me, but that happiness all went away when they saw my cheek.

I sat on the chair across from the couch and looked at my brothers, “Jordan,” I sighed, “Did you know that Sid was in love with me?” Jordan looked surprised, he was practically speechless, all he could muster up was a shake of his head, “Yeah, I didn’t either, until yesterday.”

“Jen, what happened?” Eric asked and I sighed.

“It started yesterday morning,” I said and then rubbed my forehead, “I was walking into the Consol just as some of the Bruins were walking over, Shawn Thornton came up to me and said-“ I sighed and shook my head, “He said-“ I couldn’t say it, I couldn’t say it with Marc either, “He said some pretty nasty things ok- End of story.”

“What did he-“

“I’m not repeating it Jordan, he said nasty sexual things, not repeating,” I stated and Jordan nodded his head, “So I was pretty pissed about that. We had morning skate, I was still pissed, not really talking to anyone,” I said and then heard my phone go off for the millionth time but just ignored it, “When I was leaving the locker room, Sid followed me and wanted to know what was wrong, I never thought anything about how he was always close to me, always hanging his arm over me, I just thought we were friends,” I said and the heard my phone go off again.

“Who’s calling?” Eric asked and grabbed my phone, “It’s Bennett.”

“He’s been calling all morning.”

“Does your team know where you are?” he asked and I shook my head.

“Well, except Geno and Coach,” I answered and Jordan looked at me, “Geno’s watching Candy.”

“Oh,” he said and nodded his head.

“Anyways, I left the Consol, went home, took Candy for a walk and I come home to Sid and Beau fighting in my living room, they were grabbin’ each other’s throats and everything.”

“How did they get in?” Jordan asked.

“Beau has a key,” I answered and Jordan growled, “Stop it!”

“What else happened?” Eric asked and I looked at Marc who just nodded his head to continue.

“I tried to break up the fight, Beau was about to punch Sid, but my face got in the way, that’s how I got this little bar fight,” I said and pointed to my bruised cheek, “Sid kicked Beau out and iced my cheek, when I asked Sid why they were fighting, he wouldn’t tell me at first.”

“Why?” Jordan asked and I shook my head.

“I don’t know- Embarrassed maybe,” I said and then sighed, “He told me that they were fighting over me, said that Beau didn’t deserve me and that he’s been in love with me since the first time I visited you as a Penguin,” I explained and then rubbed my face, “I kicked them out and tried to call you,” I pointed towards Eric, “But you didn’t answer.”

“Sorry, we out with Tanya, she took my phone away,” he said and I sighed.

“Why not me? Or Marc?”

“Marc had a game and do you really think that I was going to call you on something like this?!” I asked Jordan and Eric smirked.

“Whatever, finished your story,” he muttered and I sighed.

“My head wasn’t in the game against the Bruins,” I said sadly, “I let Seguin score against me.”

“I heard, big thing on NHL this morning,” Eric said and I nodded my head.

“Tyler saw-“ my phone started to go off again.

“Turn the damn thing off!” Marc growled and Eric picked up the phone.

“It’s Crosby,” Eric said and my eyes widened, “Why is he calling?”

“I don’t know, just ignore it,” I said and Eric angrily sighed and nodded his head, I knew it took everything in him not to answer that phone and tell Sidney off.

“Go on,” Marc said and I sighed and nodded my head.

“Tyler saw my cheek, saw how it was bruising and automatically thought that Beau was purposely hurting me,” I said and then wiped my tear away, “I did something stupid, I know that, but I was so angry with him.”

“What? What did you do, squirt?” Jordan asked.

“I sold Sid out, I didn’t tell Seguin what happened, but I just looked at Sid and he got the point,” I said and then rubbed my face; “I shouldn’t have done it! If I didn’t do it, then they wouldn’t have checked him into the boards so many times, he wouldn’t have gone to the trainers at the end of the period, and he wouldn’t have-“ I stared at the ground and then covered my face, ‘…This is my fault…’

“Jen! Hey! Jen! Jen! He wouldn’t have what? What did Crosby do?” Eric asked.

“Squirt,” I heard and looked up to see Jordan moving next to me. He squeezed into the chair and I lifted myself up and sat on his lap, “What happened? Talk to us.”

“He wouldn’t have kissed me,” I muttered and I felt Jordan tense under me, “In front of the team, in front of Beau.”

“Crosby did?” Eric said and I nodded my head.

“This is my fault, if I didn’t-“

“It’s not your fault!” Jordan said and pulled my face to look at him, “You hear me? It’s not your fault.”

“But if-“

“It’s not your fault!” Jordan said sternly and I nodded my head.

“Jen, did you ever show them the bite?” Marc asked and I shook my head.

“From the dog?” Eric asked and I nodded my head and unzipped my sweater.

Jordan helped my pull my sweater off, and I heard him growl when he saw that scar on my arm, “Christ Jen!”

“The dog, the punch, the kiss, Jesus, maybe-“

“I wish I never went to Pittsburgh,” I said, cutting Eric off and feeling my brothers looking at me as I stared at the ground, “If it wasn’t for my contract, I’d pack my bags and go back to Charlotte right now.”

-Beau-
“She’s not answering her phone, and I think now she has it off,” I said as I threw my phone onto the coffee table and looked up towards Tyler.

After the team meeting, I went with Tyler and we tried to find where Jen was. Coach didn’t tell us at the meeting, and it was like he knew that she wasn’t going to be there.

“Who else would she go to if not you?” Tyler asked and I shook my head, not knowing, “Try Duper, or Cooke.”

“They would have said something at the meeting,” I said and Tyler sighed.

“What about Geno? He was pretty quiet at the meeting,” Tyler said and I nodded my head, “Let’s go stop by his place, maybe he’s hiding her.”

“Maybe,” I said and then hopped into my car and Tyler gave me directions to Geno’s house.

I found a parking spot and we walked across the street and up his stairs. Tyler rang the doorbell and we heard barking, ‘…Sounds like Candy!...’

I heard Russian and knew that Geno was home, the door opened and he looked at me a little surprised and my eyes widened when I saw Candy in his arms. I looked at Tyler and then back at Geno, he sighed and then shook his head, “Where is she, Geno?”

“I don’t know,” he said and I shook my head, “No lie, I no know.”

“Geno! Where-“

“I no know! She dropped dog off this morning and then left, she not tell me so that I no lie to teammates,” he said and I sighed, “She not be back until Wednesday.”

“She’s gunna miss practice,” Tyler said and I nodded my head.

“I no think that she really cares, she too mad at Sid to care,” Geno said and I sighed and nodded my head, rubbing the back of my neck and then looked at Geno.

“I’ve tried calling her, texting her, she’s not answering,” I said and he sighed, “Can I use-“

“No,” Geno said and then sighed, “She run away for reason, she no want to be around us right now. No want any contact with us,” he said and I growled, “Give her this time, she said she be back Wednesday.”

“Geno, she’s-“

“Give her till Wednesday!”