‹ Prequel: Hurricane Jenny

Hurricanes in Pittsburgh?

021:

Chapter Twenty One
"Nice goal, Eric!" I cheered as Jordan and Eric walked into the visitors suite.

"Thanks," he smirked as he walked over towards me and hugged me, "We lost though."

"Yeah, and Marc's gunna rub it in our faces," Jordan said and I smiled and shrugged my shoulders.

I decided to go to the Rangers and Hurricane game that night, I needed something to do to stop me from thinking about my problems in Pittsburgh. The Rangers won in overtime, but it was a good game. I wanted to sit behind the glass, but the boys though that sitting in the box would be better.

After Eric and Jordan got me, we walked down to the Ranger's locker room and got Marc. I had plenty of makeup on so, no one really noticed the face that my cheek was bruised and I was so happy that the swelling had gone down.

While waiting, Mike Del Zotto flirted with me a little, but it didn't last long because Jordan scared him off. Marc finally came out and pulled me into a hug, I wrapped my arms around him and dug my face into his chest, I love my brothers.

"Let's get something to eat, I'm starving," Marc said and I pulled away and nodded my head.

The four of us walked out of the Garden and over towards his car, piling in, I slid in the back with Eric and Marc drove us to his favorite restaurants in the city.

At this point, my phone had been off all day, and if they needed to get into contact with me, I told Geno before I shut it off, to call one of my brothers, but only if it was an emergency.

Apparently during the game, my face came up on the jumbroton, but I didn't realize that, nor did I know that they showed it on the TV. So, during the game, whatever teammates were watching the game, had just found out where I was, and the only reason I knew that, was because they started to call Jordan, which pissed him off and he had to turn his phone off just to be left alone.

"So what are you-" Marc groaned when his phone started to go off, he looked at it and then sighed.

"Who is it?" Eric asked.

"Mom," Marc said and he answered it, "Hey mom, I'm out-" he sighed and looked at the table, "Yeah she's right here," he said and then looked at me, "Mom wants to talk to you."

I groaned and then took the phone, "Mom, can I call you when we get back to the apartment? We're out to dinner."

"Don't forget!" mom said and I smirked.

"I won't, I'll have Jordan remind me."

"No! He'll forget!" mom yelled and I laughed and looked towards Jordan to see that he was rolling his eyes because he heard her.

-Beau-
I was in my hotel room, laying on the bed and staring at the ceiling, bored out of my mind and missing Jen. I kept on thinking about what happened this whole weekend, it was just one big disaster, '...She even ran away because it was so bad...'

My phone went off and I jumped for it, hoping for it to finally be Jen returning my call, but it wasn't, it was Tyler, "What's up TK-"

"She's in New York!" Tyler yelled and I stood up.

"What?"

"Nealer, Sutter and I were watching the Rangers and Hurricanes game and they flashed a picture of her, showing she was at the game," he explained and I sighed and sat on the bed.

'...Should have known she was going to run to one of her brothers...' I thought as I rubbed my face.

"I'm already on Travelocity! We can be-"

"Let it go," I said cutting Tyler off.

"What?"

"Geno's right, she needs some time to herself, we chased her off, let her come back before we chase her off again," I said and then sighed.

"I'm not the one who chased her off!" I heard James yelled from the other line, Tyler must have had me on speaker.

"Yeah man, you and Sid did, this is between you three," Brandon said and I sighed, "You better fix it."

"I don't even think that she's mad at you, Beau, I think it's all Sid," James sighed and I rubbed my face.

"She hadn't talk to me at all."

"Everything happened so fast," James defended and I nodded my head, not like they would be able to see it, "Just give her time."

"Now you're sounding like Geno."

"The Russian's right," Brandon said and I rolled my eyes, "Let her be with her brothers."

"Just pray that Jordon and Eric don't stop down here before they head back to Raleigh," James said and I groaned, hearing the guys laugh, "No mercy for you or Sid! I know Gronk won't be afraid to kick Sid's ass again."

"Again?" I asked and the guys laughed.

"Yeah, happened a few years ago, it was over a girl, but not Jen," James said, "I wasn't here for it, but I heard the stories."

-Jennifer-
"Why are you taking my bags?" I asked as I looked at Jordan.

"Because we're going to Pittsburgh," he said and my eyes widened and I looked at Marc.

"Hey, don't look at me, this wasn't my idea!" he said and I groaned, knowing full well that it was Jordan's.

"I don't want to go back! Don't you have a game tonight?!"

"Tomorrow," Eric said and I scoffed, "We're going to Pittsburgh, tickets are ordered."

I looked at Marc and he shrugged his shoulders, "I leave for New Jersey," he looked at his watch, "In an hour, I can drop you off at the airport."

It was early in the morning, I was woken up to Jordan packing my bags. We argued a little, I wasn't ready to go back, I wasn't given a choice. We were out the door before I could protest any further and were taken to the airport.

By the time we got to Pittsburgh, it was after one, I drove my jeep towards home. We passed the Consol and knew that the guys were in practice now, I hoped that no one said anything.

"Pull in here," Jordan said and I mentally cursed.

"Jordan please-"

"Pull in," he said and I sighed, "Either you pull in or I'm taking a cab here, either way, I'm coming here," he said and I looked at Eric through the mirror and he nodded his head.

"Fine," I groaned and pulled into the player parking lot, "Please don't do anything."

"No promises," he said and I looked at him sadly.

"Please don't make it worse here."

"Squirt," Jordan said as then walked over towards me and kissed my head, "Stop," he said and then pulled on my braid and I groaned out a smirk, "There's my girl."

The three of us walked into the Consol, Jordan and Eric disappeared from behind me as I walked towards the ice, hearing blades against the frozen water.

I walked out of the tunnel and then climbed into the stands and took a chair a few rows up and watched the boys skate around. No one noticed me the fifteen minutes I sat there until Coach blew the whistle and told the guys they were done for the day. Cooke was the first to notice me, he just smiled and walked into the tunnel, I ducked a little so that no one else saw me, but Coach did. He waited until everyone was gone before he walked up the stairs.

"How have you been here?"

"Fifteen minutes or so," I said and he nodded his head.

"You all right?" he asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

"Two nights wasn't long enough," I said and Coach nodded his head, "Jordan and Eric are here," Coach's eyes widened, "I didn't ask them to come, they just followed. I begged them not to do anything, but-"

"Big brothers will be big brothers," he said and I nodded my head, "I'll make sure nothing happens."

"Thanks, I don't want to make anything worse," I said and Coach sighed.

"No one knew that Sid was going to do that," Coach said and I nodded my head.

"I guess it's the price I pay for being the only girl on the team, in the league," I said and Coach nodded his head.

"You gotta understand that Sid's the face of-"

"Of hockey, yeah I know, the whole world knows," I said and Coach sighed.

"He's under a lot of pressure both in hockey life and social life-"

"Whatever kind of pressure he's under, doesn't excuse him from kissing me, trying to break Beau and I up, he might like me, but it's a one sided thing," I growled and then stood up, "And at this point, I'm stretching it if I even call him my friend."

I heard my name and looked passed Coach to see Marc, Cooke and Pascal walking up the steps. They looked like they just changed into t-shirts and sweats and then walked out here, not even showering yet.

"How are you feeling?" Pascal asked and I sighed and sat back down, running a hand through my hair.

"I've felt better."