‹ Prequel: Hurricane Jenny

Hurricanes in Pittsburgh?

024:

Chapter Twenty Four
-Beau-
"Beau you need to breathe," Jen said as she pushed herself onto my lap and ran her fingers through my hand and laid her hands on my neck.

"But he-"

"I know," she said calmly and then kissed my forehead, "Breathe."

"I am," I growled and Jen sighed and then pushed my back onto the bed.

"Relax then," she said, straddling my hips and placed her hands on my stomach.

"I can't," I muttered, watching as Jen bent down and pressed her body to mine.

"You can, just don't think about it," she said as she kissed my neck and started to unbutton my shirt.

"Jen, it's been a week! You've missed four games! He hasn't apologized yet!" Beau said and I looked at him sadly and then sighed.

"Stop thinking about it," she practically bed and I flipped her over and leaned over her, pinning her arms at her sides of her head.

"Why?! Jen, he's screwing with your life! Your career! Don't you care?!"

"Of course I care," she barked.

"Well you have a funny way of showing it," I growled and she glared at me and then shoved me off of her and got up off the bed.

"Fine Beau, you want me to scream and shout at Sid, you want me to punch him and threaten him- Like that's worked!" she stated and I sighed and looked at the ground, "I can do NOTHING until he makes his first move. Dan's not going to move me down to the AHL because he needs me for here, but he won't play me because of our fuckin' Captain! Don't tell me that I don't care about my career, Beau! You know nothing about how I'm feeling! At least you’re playing!"

I watched as she grabbed her jacket and walked out of my hotel room, slamming the door as she left. I groaned and then laid back on the bed and rubbed my face, "Great job, Beau," I muttered and then heard my phone go off and looked to see Ray Shero calling me, there's only one reason he would call if I'm already in Pittsburgh, "Hello?"

"Sendin' ya back, kid," Ray said and I sighed.

"All right," I muttered and then sat up and rubbed my face, hanging up the phone and throwing it on the bed, "Fuckin' perfect."

-Jennifer-
"He still hasn't apologized yet?" Jordan asked as I held the phone to my ear, driving back to my home.

"No, not yet," I sighed, "And what's worse, Beau and I had a fight."

"Why?"

"He said that I'm not acting like I care about the fact that I'm not playing," I growled.

"Do you?"

"Of course I do!" I yelled and then slammed onto my breaks because if I didn't I would have ran through a red light.

"Whoa, calm down, I was just asking, squirt," Jordan said and I growled and then rubbed my face, "Are you driving?"

"Yes!"

"Why? Where are you going?!"

"Well I was at Beau's hotel, but now I'm going to Sid's!"

"What? Why Crosby's?"

"Because I want to play my sport!" I yelled, "I don't give a shit about an apology anymore, I'm the one suffering here, why should I have to give up my career for him! For anyone!"

"Ok, Jen, calm down, you're not thinking-" I hung up on him and threw the phone on the seat, going through the tunnel that led out of Pittsburgh and into the next town, the town that Sidney lived in.

-Jordan-
"Fuckin' Christ!" I growled and then threw the phone against the seat and earned some confused looks from my teammates.

"What's going on?" Eric asked, turning around in the seat in front of me.

We were on the bus driving back to Raleigh after winning a game against the Capitals. Jen had called me, clearly upset and I was trying to calm her down, now she was just talking crazy, "Jen's walking into the belly of the beast."

"Come again?" Eric asked confused.

"She's going to Sid's to confront him about apologizing!" I yelled and Eric sighed and slammed his head into the top of the cushioned seat.

"Idiot," he muttered and I nodded my head and grabbed my phone and looked through my contacts to find Marc's number, knowing that other than Beau, Jen was close to Marc.

"Staalsy!" Marc yelled happily, "What's up-"

"I need a favor!" I said quickly, knowing that I couldn't do anything to help my sister, but he could.

"What?"

“It’s about Jen,” I said quickly before he would possibly deny my favor.

“What’s up? You know I’ll do anything for her,” he said and I sighed.

“She’s lost it, Flower,” I groaned, "Jen's on her way over to Crosby's, she's pretty pissed, she might do something stupid, stop her!"

"Dude, me and some of the other guys are already here," he said and I threw my head back and groaned.

"What'd she do?" afraid to find out what my little sister had done.

"Nothing, she's not here yet, I'll keep an eye out for her though," Marc said and I breathed out a sigh of relief.

"Just take her home, she's not thinking clearly! Apparently she and Bennett got into a fight-"

"He's being sent back down, so is Thiessen," Marc said and I groaned again.

"Does she know that?"

"Probably not, Thiessen just got a text from Bennett; they're leaving tomorrow morning because they need to be back there for the game against the Bears."

"Christ, this not her night," I muttered and then rubbed my forehead, “Make sure they make up before he leaves, she’s gunna be miserable if they don’t.”

"Yeah, I’m familiar with puppy love, Staalsy,” Marc laughed and I heard him walking around, “A car's pulling up now, I think it's her," he said and then I heard him talking to someone else, and then back to me, "I'll call you later, bro."

"All right, thanks. Just make sure she doesn’t do something she’s gunna regret," I said and then hung up my phone and saw the guys looking at me wondering what was happening. I took a deep breath and then rubbed my face.

"What's going on, Gronk?" Justin Peters asked, sitting next to Eric.

"Either Flower is going to save Jen, or she's about to screw herself," I growled and tried to call Jen, but she was answering, '...Don't do anything stupid, Jen...'

"What were you asking about if Jen knew something?" Eric asked and I sighed.

"Bennett's being brought back down," I said and Eric sighed and I nodded my head.

"For how long?"

"Don't know."

"So does she know?" Eric asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

"Marc says he doesn't think so, but I don't know."

"She's really having a tough time in Pittsburgh, isn't she," Alex Semin said and Eric and I nodded our heads.

"She can come back here; I'll take care of her!" Jeff Skinner yelled and Eric and I glared at him.

"Off limits!"

"I thought that was if she was on the team!" Justin Faulk yelled.

"Off limits forever!"