‹ Prequel: Hurricane Jenny

Hurricanes in Pittsburgh?

025:

Chapter Twenty Five
-Marc-
I cursed as Jen managed to get through my arms to get to Sidney. Jordan wasn't kidding when he said that she was pissed and not thinking straight. I had Kris call Beau, thinking that maybe he would be able to talk some sense into her, but she wasn't listening to me.

Geno grabbed her, his arms around her waist as he then turned around and started to carry her back her jeep. I sighed and then rubbed my face, feeling the soreness where she accidently punched me while trying to get out of my grip.

"Holy hell," Brandon Sutter said and I sighed and looked back towards Sidney to see him watching Geno block Jen in her car and try to calm her down.

I walked up to Sidney and sighed, "You need to talk to her, need to apologize to her."

"I have nothing to apologize for," he said and I shook my head.

"Sid, you have a lot to apologize for," I stated and he looked at me sternly, "You fix this mess because it's really starting to piss me off that you're screwing with her career."

"I'm not the one who said that she wasn't going to play- Coach did!"

"But you went along with it!" I yelled and then sighed, "Look, we lost our last two games, Thiessen and I are good- but Sid- Sid, she's so much better than us!" I confessed and Sidney looked at me, "You're always telling us to put our personal shit aside and to play the game- Well now I'm tell you that! Let her come back, Let Jen come, or I swear you're going to have your own team plus four angry Staal brothers at your door."

-Jennifer-
"I can't do this anymore, Geno," I mutter, my head leaning on my seat as my legs hung out of my jeep and against Geno's. He basically blocked me in my jeep and tried to calm me down, "I can't sit back and pretend that it's all right that I'm not playing- This prank isn't funny anymore."

"I no know of the prank," he said and I sighed and nodded my head.

"Coach thought that it would be a good idea to think that if he pretended to send me down to the AHL, then Sid would move his big ass to apologize to me," I explained, wiping my eyes and sighing out of frustration, "It's been a week, he's not apologized and I'm tired."

"You want Sid to say sorry?" Geno asked and I shook my head.

"I don't care anymore, I just want to play," I muttered and Geno sighed, "How did I end up being the one who loses her job?"

"You no lose job," Geno said, placing his hand on my knee, "You still Penguin."

"Doesn't feel like that," I said and Geno sighed and I turned my head to see Sidney walking towards me and I groaned.

"You want me to stay?" Geno asked and I shook my head, "You hit Sid then?"

"No promises," I muttered and Geno chuckled and then moved out of the way so that Sidney could stand where he stood.

"Hey," Sidney muttered.

"Great opener," I muttered and shook my head.

"Look, I'm not going to apologize for kissing you, because I did nothing wrong-"

"Did nothing wrong," I laughed and shook my head, "Are you serious?"

"If you want to come back then I'll talk to Coach about it, but you're not getting an apology from me," he stated sternly and I scoffed.

"I don't give a shit about your apology," I said and he looked at my surprised, "I never wanted to leave. I didn't come here for an apology."

"Then what? Did you come here to beg for Bennett to stay on the team? To not be sent back down?" he asked and I looked at him confused.

"What?"

"Oh," he laughed, "You don't know, even better!"

"What are you talking about, Sid?" I asked confused, I glared at him and then grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him forward, "What did you do?!"

"I did nothing, you did," he smirked and my eyes widened, "Well I guess Ray did."

"What?"

"The teams all back, there's no one out on injury," he said and smirked towards me, "We don't need to bring anyone else up, we have too many guys, so Bennett and Thiessen are being sent back down."

"You're a real bastard," I growled, "You know that Crosby."

"Sucks that you're stuck with just me," he said, leaning in close.

I growled and kicked him away and watched as he fell to the ground, "So you finally got what you want," I growled as I hopped out of the jeep and stood over him, "You wanted me alone, you got me alone, too bad you're not gunna like how it ends."

"Jen!" I heard and turned my head to see Beau running towards me, "Come on, stop!" Beau wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close, kissing my head and bringing his lips to my ear, "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

-Sidney-
Beau took Jen home and Geno drove Jen's jeep back to her condo since he came up with Marc. I sighed and sat on the porch step and held my head.

"Why won't you get it, Sid?" I heard and turned to see Marc there, "She doesn't like you- You're just friends- Well, if you're even that now."

"How'd it blow up in my face? When did it happen?"

"The day you decided to tell her that you've been in love with her," Marc said and then sat next to me on the step and sighed, "What the hell were you thinking?"

"I thought that she might come to me if she knew the truth," I said and then stared up at the sky, "I thought she might love me back."

"Sid," Marc sighed and then patted my shoulder, "If you went up to her at Gronk's wedding then maybe- Bennett just got to her first."

"I should have never told her."

"No," Marc laughed, "You shouldn't have."

"She hates me."

"Yup," he said and I sighed.

"You're not making me feel better."

"I'm not here to make you feel better, mon ami. I'm here to make you see that you're wrong in this," Marc said and I sighed and nodded my head, "Bennett going back down isn't going back down either."

"I had no power of him leaving- That was not my decision, that was all Coach and Ray."

"Well I think she got that impression," Marc said and I sighed.

"I might have told her something along the lines-"

"You're an asshole Sidney Crosby."

"I know," I sighed, holding my face and then standing up to head into my house.

"Where are you going?"

"To make a few phone calls."

-Jennifer-
"Jen! Jen! Hey! Breathe!" Beau said as he sat on the couch and pulled me on top of him, holding me tight, "Breathe Jen."

I pulled myself from Beau's lap and paced back and forth, '...I just kicked Sid! I yelled at him! My Captain! Oh my god!...'

"Jen!" Beau grabbed my arms and forced me to look at him, "Hey! Look at me!"

"I'm so screwed, Beau," I breathed, feeling the tears start in my eyes.

"Hey, no, no, no, no, don't cry," he said and then wrapped his arms around my neck and pulled my into my chest.

"He told me you're leaving!"

"Yeah," Beau muttered into my head, "Ray called me."

"When?"

"Tomorrow morning," he said and I shook my head and clutched his shirt.

"Don't go."

"I gotta," Beau breathed and held me tighter, "You'll be all right, we've been through this before."

"It's different now," I said, looking up towards him as he cupped my face.

"Hey, at least we're four hours away and not ten," he smirked and I shook my head, that not making me feel better, "I love you Jen."

I grabbed the collar of his shirt and pressed my lips against his, feeling his hands move down my body and to my waist. He wrapped his arms around me and lifted me from the ground, not tearing his lips from mine. My hands where on his neck and I could feel the tear run down my cheeks. I pulled away, Beau put me down and then wiped my tears away, "I love you, Beau."