‹ Prequel: Hurricane Jenny

Hurricanes in Pittsburgh?

026:

Chapter Twenty Six
"I'll call you when we get to Pittsburgh," Beau said as he held me and laid his head on top of mine.

"Drive safely," I muttered into his chest and he nodded his head.

"Good luck tonight," Beau muttered and I scoffed.

"Like I'll be playing," I muttered, "You might just see me in Wilkes-Barre-"

"Hey, don't talk like that," Beau said as he grabbed my chin and looked at me, "You will play tonight."

"How can you be so sure?" I said and then snuggled into Beau's chest.

"I love you," Beau said and I looked up towards him and then pressed my lips on his.

I heard a car pull up and turned to see that Thiessen had pulled into the player parking lot at the Consol. It was time for Beau to go, he spent the night at my place and then I drove him to the Consol so that he and Brad could drive back to Wilkes-Barre.

I sighed and then wrapped my arms tighter around Beau, "Good luck with your game tonight," I said and Beau looked down at me and smirked, nodding his head and then kissing my forehead, "I love you."

And just like that, one wave from Brad and Beau was in the car and they were on the road. I sighed and was about to head to my jeep, the only car left in the parking lot, when another pulled in and I looked to see that it was Coach.

He pulled up next to me and rolled down his window, "I was just about to call you, what are you doing here?"

"Dropped Beau off," I said and Coach sighed and nodded his head.

"Just passed them," he said and I nodded my head and then opened the driver's door, "Walk with me," I looked at him to see him turn his car off and then get out. I sighed and then closed my door and followed him over towards the arena doors, inside and towards his office, "Have a seat."

"What's up Coach? Why's Thiessen going back with Beau?"

"Because you're in the net tonight," he said and I sat in the chair in front of his desk looking surprised., "So our little trick didn't work, I apologize for making you miserable."

"But Sid-"

"If you're willing to look past it-"

"I'll never look past it, Coach," I growled but then sighed and leaned back into the chair, "But I won't bring it up."

"Jen-"

"I don't want his stupid apology- If he says it, he won't mean it, so why drag this on anymore?! I don't care-"

"Yes you do," Coach muttered sadly.

"I just want to play," I said and Coach sighed and nodded his head.

"Well you got it, the net is all yours tonight against the jets," Coach said and I nodded my head and then stood, "Jen- One more thing."

"Yeah."

"Stay away from Crosby- I heard about last night-"

"I'm not apologizing to him!" I snapped quickly, "He got what he deserved and then some! It's over, it's done with, but I don't take back or regret anything I last night."

"Just keep it quiet."

"Why would I tell anyone? I'm the one who will look like the asshole, Coach."

"You're no asshole, Jen," he said and I sighed and gave him a small smile, "Go get some rest, you've got a game to win tonight."

"Yes sir," I said and then walked out of the office, out of the arena, and headed home. I walked through my front door and was greeted by Candy, I walked past her and then headed towards my bedroom and collapsed onto my bed. Candy jumped onto the bed and snuggled into my chest and I smirked and placed my arm around her and kissed her head, "Hey pretty girl, momma loves you."

"Jen."

I jumped up from my bed quickly and turned around, eyes wide, heart beating quickly and then throwing my head back and groaning when I saw Marc in the door way, "Jesus Christ Marc, you scared the shit out of me."

"Sorry," he chuckled and then walked into the room and sighed.

"How did you get it?" I asked and Marc opened his hand and showed me a key, "How-"

"Beau gave it to me before he left, when we were still at Sid's, asked me to keep an eye on you," Marc said and then sat next to me on the bed, "My little Gee-Gee-"

"Please don't call me that," I gave a small smile and shook my head.

Marc wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me into his side, "My little grasshopper."

"You're unbelievable," I laughed a little and heard Marc chuckle. I looked at him and then scrunched my face up confused, grabbed his chin and turned his head, seeing the little bruise on his cheek, "Did I-"

"What Sid did was unacceptable and unprofessional," Marc said and I sighed and nodded my head, "I'm sorry you had to go through that, but that's probably the only sorry that you're going to hear."

"I don't want it, I don't care, I'm finished- I just want to play in the net," I said and Marc sighed and squeezed my arm.

"Just because you say that you don't care, ma chere, doesn't mean that you mean it."

"Marc," I sighed and then looked up towards him, "You're my friend and I love you, and I love Beau with all my heart, but-"

"You know my dad use to say that everything a person says means nothing if the word 'but' follows," Marc said and I groaned and shook my head.

"I think it was a mistake to come here," I confessed, "I should have stayed with the Checkers, with my brothers- Or even a different team."

"But you would have never gotten closer to Beau," Marc said and I nodded my head, "You still have friends here, petite soeur."

"What does that mean?" I asked, hating when he spoke in French.

"Little sister," I heard and looked up to see a woman walking into the room.

My eyes widened and I stood up and looked at the woman, "Jen, I know it's been a while since I said that I would introduce her, but this is my wife-"

"Vero," the woman said, walking into the room and smiling towards me. She shook my hand and I stared at her, she was so pretty. I held up my finger, telling her to hold on, while I turned around and punched Marc's shoulder.

"Ow!" Marc growled, "Abusive woman!"

"You were suppose to introduce her months ago- Years ago!" I snapped and Vero laughed and then placed her hand on my shoulder.

"I've heard so much about you Jen," Vero said and I looked back towards her.

"So have I," I smiled, "Shame we haven't met sooner."

"Men," Vero shrugged and I laughed, "Thank you for helping Marc plan our anniversary."

"How did you-"

"Please Marc, I know that you didn't plan that all by yourself," Vero cut in and Marc looked at her speechless, "It was sweet of you to ask for help."

Marc said something in French and Vero smiled and then turned back towards me, "I've heard about your little problem, I have a right to go up to Sid and kick his ass!"

"Oh, she already did it," Marc muttered and I looked down and blushed, but then felt Vero grab my chin and pull my face up.

"Nothing to be ashamed about, fille douce," Vero said and I sighed, really needing to learn French, "He hurt you physically and emotionally, he must pay."

"Uh oh, scheming women, come on Candy, it's abort mission," Marc said as he picked Candy up and walked out of the room, knowing that he was going to the living room to watch TV.

"You have a beautiful home," Vero said and I smiled, "Looks better with you living in it than Jordan."

"You know my brother?" I asked and she smiled and nodded his head.

"He was funny," she said slowly, trying to pick her words and I laughed and shook my head.

"No need to hold back, I know he's a handful," I said and she laughed and then walked over towards my dresser where there were some framed pictures.

"So you and Beau," she said while picking up the picture frame that sat in the middle, a picture of Beau and I sitting on the bus that was taking us to the next park while we were in Florida last summer.

"Yes," I blushed, smiling brightly.

"Is it love?" she smiled.

"I'd like to think so, I definitely love him, and he says he loves me-"

"I'm sure he does," Vero said and then placed the picture down and turned to me, "I know he does."

"Thank you," I smiled and Vero nodded her head and then slipped off her flats and hopped onto the bed, tucking her feet underneath her and smiling at me.

"So, revenge," Vero said and I laughed.

"What did you have in mind?" I smirked, liking this woman.