‹ Prequel: Hurricane Jenny

Hurricanes in Pittsburgh?

003:

Chapter Three
"Wow, way too many flashes," I laughed as I stood in-between Mario and Dan, trying not to make it look like all of the flashes were hurting my eyes.

"You get use to it," Mario said and I snorted.

"If you get use to it, it's because you're losing your eye sight," I said and Dan chuckled, "Sucks gettin' old."

"You'll be there someday," Mario said.

"You'll be there first," I said and Dan let out a laugh.

"Definitely a Staal."

Ray took Mario's stop and the camera's continued to snap, Mario made a speech about how honored he was to have me as Penguin and then handed me my jersey. Number thirteen was printed on my jersey and I smiled brightly as I threw it over my head and placed the Penguins hat on my head. More pictures were taken, and then I was finally told that I had to answer some questions.

"Jennifer, Jennifer! How does it feel to put on a Penguins' jersey?" one reporter asked and I smirked.

"It feels pretty good, and I will answer the obvious question now, yes, I definitely look forward to playing against my brothers," I said and the reporters let out a little laugh.

I answered a few more questions, took some more pictures, and then Mario had me move on my way. We headed back into the arena, I was already late to practice, the reporters had more questions than I thought, but Dan was with me, so I wasn't going to get into trouble.

The guys were already on the ice when I got down to the rink. I quickly changed into my gear and headed out towards the ice, supporting my new practice jersey and helmet propped on my head.

"Hey, first practice and she's late!" Tyler said and I laughed as I skated on the ice.

"I was attacked by vultures," I laughed and Sidney skated over.

"We heard, and watched too," he smirked and I nodded my head, "You ready?"

"Definitely," I smirked and Sidney patted my helmet.

"All right, head to the other net, we're gunna do some drills, guys in white are your team," Sidney said and I nodded my head and skated towards the other net, seeing Marc in the other one.

I scratched out the ice and got myself ready, having done all my stretches. I looked over and saw Beau skating around the net, he looked back and smirked towards me and I stuck my tongue out and then pulled my mask down when the puck was dropped.

-Beau-
You saw how good Jen was when we practiced. When it was one puck, never made it past her, when it was more than one, some got through, but barely any did. When practice was over, Marc and Jen skated to the center and Marc patted her helmet, for her first practice, she was getting along really well with everyone.

'...She knew them because of her brother...' I reminded myself as I walked into the locker room and started to take my gear off.

Just as we were about to head into the shower, Coach came in and said that we were getting more players, Brendan Morrow and Douglas Murry.

"Never heard of them," Jen said and I smirked and nudged my shoulder into hers as she unlaced her skates.

"Stars and Sharks," Pascal said and Jen nodded her head and then shook her shoulders.

Coach went on talking about what we needed to do work on in practice, among other things, but there was silence in the air, Coach had stopped mid sentence and I looked up to see that everyone was staring at me.

"What?" I asked and then saw Sidney's face beyond red and someone the guys were covering their eyes. I looked at them confused and then turned my head to see that Jen had her back towards everyone, but she was only in a sports bra and tight and short spandex shorts, showing off every perfect curve, '...Holy shit...' If I wasn't in a locker room full of teammates, I would have jumped her right then and there.

"Uh, um, well then, uh- Jen, you with us?" Coach said and I heard Jen giggled as she took a large towel and wrapped it around her, covering her body and preparing herself for the shower.

"I was, until you stopped talking and everyone stared at my ass," she said as she turned her head and smirked towards Coach, "Don't worry Disco, I'm use to it."

"Uh, w-well, I uh-"

"I'm going to shower," Jen said and then picked her kit up and walked towards the showers, knowing that there were eyes all over her.

I heard a few guys curse when she was out of the room and then rubbed my face.

"Lucky bastard," Tyler said as he grabbed my shoulder and shook it.

I heard some of the guys mutter that they needed a cold shower, and Coach had given up and left, forgetting what he was trying to tell us. At that moment, I found myself hit with a huge amount of pride, '...I have one hot girlfriend...'

-Jennifer-
I giggled in the shower, hearing some of the guys talk about me in a low whisper, thinking that I couldn't hear them. They were busting Beau for having a hot girlfriend, some of them saw my little tattoo on my hip and were talking about that, but most of them were talking about my ass.

I finished my shower and then quickly changed into jeans and a penguins shirt and then walked into the locker room, seeing some of the guys already there. Since it was just practice, we didn't need to get dressed up to come or leave the arena, that was only on game days.

I threw my hair up into a messy wet pony tail and then threw my stuff into my bag, turning to see everyone in the room gathering up their things. I smirked when I saw Sidney and walked over towards him, throwing an arm around his shoulder, "So Crosby, you think I have a- how did you say it? 'Bang-able ass'?"

He stood up and looked at me, face beet red, I giggled and he tried to say something, but just struggled on his words. The guys snickered and I patted his shoulder and then walked over towards Tyler, "And you said something about a desk and being me over?"

"Uh- well- uh, about that-" I rolled my eyes and patted his check, winking towards Beau and then grabbing my bag.

"My hearing is better than you think boys, whispering doesn't help," I said as I walked over towards the door, "Oh and Tanger," I placed my back on the door, "I really love Google translate," I winked towards him, "My lips aren't for you."

I pushed the door opened and walked down the hall, a huge smirk on my face as I headed towards the exit of the arena, but then turned around and decided to head towards Coach's office. I knocked on the door and opened it to see him sitting on his desk, "See ya, Disco."

"Yeah bye," Coach muttered and I snorted and started to let the door close, "Staal!" he called and I turned back and opened the door again.

"Yeah?"

"We leave for Montreal tomorrow for the game against the Canadiens on Saturday, I'm gunna have Fleury in the next, you're good- real good, but I think you need to practice with us a little more," he said and I nodded my head understandingly.

"It's cool, I figured that was going to happen anyways," I said and he nodded his head and then waved my away.

I walked out of the arena and saw that some of the guys were gone, Beau was leaning against my jeep, a smirk on his face. I smiled at him and then walked over towards him and wrapped my arms around his waist, "So I found out today that I'm one lucky guy," Beau said as he kissed my head, "And this if I fuck this up, the guys are going to kill me, and steal you away."

I giggled and then laid my head on his chest, "You won't."

"And I realized that you were my ride here, so I'm so happy that you didn't leave yet," he chuckled and I smirked and kissed his cheek and walked towards the driver's side of the car.

We headed back to my condo and I needed to let Candy outside, so Beau grabbed her leash as I ran to the bathroom to do my business.

"So are we going to the park?" Beau asked as I walked into the living room and nodded my head, "All right," he said and I giggled when I saw him holding Candy, "What?"

"You look very manly holding her," I laughed and Beau rolled his eyes, "Wait! I need a picture!" I grabbed my phone and took a picture of he and Candy and then grabbed my jacket.

We walked out of the building and down the street, our fingers laced together and this time, Beau was holding Candy's leash.

"Have you talked to Mario about bringing her on the trip?" Beau asked and I sighed.

"We're going to be back Sunday afternoon, so I found a boarder who will watch her and I can pick her up after we come back," I said and Beau nodded his head, "I don't like leaving her with someone I don't know though."

"It's understandable," Beau said and then kissed my forehead, "So, you have hawk ears?"

"Bat hearing," I giggled, "I'm Batgirl!"

"Oh great, no more secrets around the locker room!"