‹ Prequel: Hurricane Jenny

Hurricanes in Pittsburgh?

009:

Chapter Nine
“Guys, guys, guys, come on!” Jen yelled as she stood in front of Kris, Geno, Sidney and Cooke.

We were at a bar celebrating our win against the Flyers, Jen said that it would be a bad idea to celebrate in Philadelphia, the fans hated us, the team hates us, there was no place safe other than the hotel. The guys knew this, so why did they want to risk themselves to go out to a Flyers’ fan bar and celebrate their win?

When we were at the bar, we hadn’t even finished a beer; some of us didn’t even get a chance to take a sip of our beer before just about the whole Flyers team walked in and wanted to start something with the Penguins. Jen and I were talking, well flirting if you will, even if we are together, I still like to flirt with her, but that all ended when Claude Giroux decided that he was going to take his frustration out on Sidney.

Jen, a girl who is way tinier than any of the players in this building, puts herself between both teams. Claude Giroux could snap her with his bare hands and she pushes herself between Sidney and Claude and stands her ground.

“Jen, get back,” Kris growled and then stepped forward, but Jen held out her arm to stop him, not saying a word, just a look.

“Get lost, Staal,” Claude said but Jen didn’t say anything, “Don’t want a pretty little piece of meat like yourself to get hurt.”

“Shut your mouth-“ I growled but felt ha hand on my shoulder and saw that it was Pascal’s.

“Don’t get all worked up, rookie, she can handle herself,” he said and I growled in frustration.

-Jennifer-
“We’re leaving,” I said plainly and stared at the Flyers captain.

“I don’t think do,” he smirked and glared.

“You don’t get a say in what our actions are,” I growled and his smirk grew.

“You’re in our territory,” Wayne Simmonds said and took a step closer.

I felt Kris step forward and I placed my hand on his chest, “You want me to knock that smirk off your face again?!”

“Stop,” I stated and looked back towards Kris, “He’s right, we’re not in Pittsburgh.”

“Jen-“

“Save it for the ice, Sid,” I said and looked back towards the Flyers, “We’ll get in trouble if we do anything here.”

“She’s right, let’s go,” Sidney growled, “Just wait till you come to the ‘burgh, Giroux.”

“I’ll be waiting,” he smirked and then looked down at me, “And as for you,” Claude started to hold out his hand, but I slapped it away and felt the guys shift behind me, “Feisty.”

“Hey, come on, Giroux,” I heard and looked up to see Max Talbot walking through the crowd of the players. He placed his hand on Giroux’s shoulder and then stared at me, “Hey Jenny.”

“Max,” I smirked, “Heard you went to the dark side.”

“They had cookies,” he smirked as he shrugged his shoulders and I snorted, “You look good.”

“Same to you,” I said and then turned towards my teammates, “Let’s go,” I pushed the team out of the bar, people stared at us, the bartender had a bat in his hand ready to defend his bar I need be, I turned around, remembering that we never paid for our booze, “Hey Max,” he looked at me and I smirked, “Thanks for the booze!” I smirked because he was going to get stuck with the tap.

I walked out of the bar and met the guys outside, we headed back to the hotel and I was the last to walk in, the guys all stared at me and I looked at them and sighed.

“You all right?” Beau asked and I nodded my head.

“I just want to go to bed,” I said and he nodded his head and wrapped his arm around my shoulder and kissed my head.

“You were pretty bad ass though,” he whispered in my ear and I smirked and wrapped my arms around his chest.

“I was, wasn’t I,” I laughed and then we walked into the elevator with some of the other guys who were still pretty steamed about what happened at the bar, “Calm down guys, we’re the ones who won the game.”

“I hate that guy,” Sidney growled and I sighed and then turned around and patted his chest.

“Calm, down,” I stated slowly, “We’ll be home tomorrow, go find yourself a puck bunny.”

“We’ll be home Saturday night,” he said and I looked at him confused.

“No, tomorrow morning,” I said and he shook his head.

“We have a game against Toronto,” he said and I nodded my head.

“Yeah, a home game,” I said and he shook his head.

“We leave for Toronto tomorrow morning,” Sidney said and I threw back my head and groaned, “Why?”

“I told Andy that I would pick Candy up tomorrow,” I said and I heard Beau sigh.

“So just tell him that we’ll pick her up on Saturday instead,” Beau said and I looked at him sadly, but nodded my head and pulled out my phone.

“You no trust this Andy?” Geno asked and I sighed and shrugged my shoulders.

“It’s not that I don’t trust him, it’s just that he’s just- he’s really weird around me.”

“He likes you, I told you this,” Beau said and I sighed, “He was all over you when we dropped Candy off.”

“You wanna go back to Pittsburgh and get her? We’ll bring her to Toronto,” Sidney said and I looked at him surprised.

“Coach isn’t gunna let us fly back to Pitt just to get my dog and then fly to Toronto, that’s a waste of money,” I said and Sidney shrugged his shoulders. I sighed and then rubbed my face, the door dinged open and I turned around and walked out of the elevator, grabbing my phone and dialing Andy’s number.

“Jennifer, how are you? Calling to check in on Candy?” he asked happily and I sighed.

“Hi Andy, there’s been a change in plans, I read my schedule wrong, we’re going to Toronto tomorrow, I won’t be home until Saturday night,” I said and looked to feel Beau’s hand on my back, “Can I pick Candy up on Saturday?”

“Well, you did say that you would pick her up tomorrow,” he said seriously, “I have other clients.”

“So you won’t watch her?” I asked and looked at Beau who was a little angry.

“Well, if you have dinner with me, I might,” he said and then laughed a little and I was a little surprised.

“Um, I’m sorry, but I have a boyfriend,” I said and Beau started at me.

“Ooooo, tough luck then, sorry, I can’t watch her then,” he said and I was taken back.

“Excuse me?”

“You said that you would pick her up Friday morning, I’m only responsible for her until Friday morning,” he said and my mouth gaped open.

“Are you serious?!” I growled.

“See, I’m pretty good at training bitches,” he smirked and my eyes widen and I growled and took a deep breath and looked at my teammates who were looking at me confused.

“Fuckin’ prick,” I growled and then clutched my phone and saw red. I turned my heels and headed towards my room.

“Jen!” I heard Beau call, but I ignored him, “Jen!”

I stormed into my room and slammed the door against the wall, I didn’t mean to scare the crap out of the sleeping Jess, “Sorry,” I said as I grabbed my bags and started to pack my things.

“Jen? What’s going on?” Beau asked and the other walked into the room, “What did he say?”

“He won’t watch her until Saturday unless I have dinner with him,” I said and Beau’s eyes widened, “Yeah, I know. I said no, and he said that he’s only responsibly for her until Friday morning because that was the agreement.”

“What’s going on here?” Coach asked as he walked into the room and saw my packing my bags, “Where are you going?”

“Emergency, have to go back to Pittsburgh,” I said and he looked at me confused, I explained to him when I told the guys and he sighed.

“I’ll have a car sent to get you, and order a ticket to Toronto,” Coach said and I nodded my head.

“I’ll go with you,” Beau said and Coach sighed.

“Same here,” three guys said and then some of the others that were in the room nodded their heads.

“I can’t send all of you, it’s too much-“

“So cancel the ticket and we’ll pay for our own ticket in Pittsburgh,” Sidney said, “Geno, Kris, Beau and I will go with Jen, you guys go to Toronto, we’ll meet you there.”

“You’d really do that?” I asked and Sidney smirked and nodded his head.

“Teammates,” Sidney said and I smirked and nodded my head.