Status: On-Going

Next

Chapter 6

Not 5 minutes after I closed my door there was a knock. I opened it to find myself face to face with Scott.

“Oh fuck no,” I muttered, trying to close it. He caught it with his hand and forcefully shoved it open.

“No, Riley. I wanna talk about this. It’s all so fucking clear now! It wasn’t that you’re a fucking stuck up prude. I just wasn’t GOOD enough for you, eh? You were holding out for a big named man whore. Little me just wasn’t sufficient.”

“Scott shut the fuck up. Get out. You don’t even know what you’re talking about.”

At that he exploded. “I don’t know what the fuck I’m talking about?! I know you were going out last night. Addy and Ellie told me all about meeting up with that asshole at the club. And there he is this morning doing the walk of shame. THREE MONTHS we were together Riley. Three fucking months and not one time did we spend the night together. Not one fucking night. And bam. A hockey superstar looks in your direction and suddenly you’re a little whore.”

“GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY ROOM,” I screamed, pushing him backwards. “It’s none of your fucking business! And before you get so worked up over me, how many times in those THREE FUCKING MONTHS were you screwing other girls behind my back, hm?”

“That isn’t even HALF relevant right now. Your little prude ass wouldn’t give me what I needed so I looked elsewhere. I guess you don’t have to worry about that with him considering you gave it all up with no thought at all. Fuck. I wasted so much time on you. If you had just slept with me we would still be together.”

“And, there you go. That’s why we never spent a night together. Not once. Deep down I always knew you were a complete asshat. You think if we were in this room alone in the middle of the night you wouldn’t have talked me into doing it? Sleeping with you would have been the biggest mistake of my life. Me and him? We didn’t even have sex, not that it’s your business. He respected me enough to not push it. Believe it or not all guys aren’t sleazebags like you are. Now GET THE FUCK OUT.”

“Yeah,” he scoffed. “Biggest man whore in Boston spends the night and you don’t fuck him? Not likely. Hope you don’t expect him to call you later, because trust me – it isn’t like you’d be worth a second fuck.”

At the he turned and walked out. Before the door could close behind him Addy and Ellie were pushing it back open and rushing in. “Are you okay?” Addy said, wide-eyed.

“How the hell did I stay with that idiot for 3 months?” I asked, tears starting to fall.

“He wasn’t always such a douche,” Ellie said gently, guiding me towards my bed and sitting me down.
“And everything he just said was way out of line.”

“You heard that?!” I exclaimed.

“I’m pretty sure the whole hall heard it, babe,” Addy said pitifully. “Everyone knows the truth though.
He’s an asshole and that is no secret. Don’t worry about it.”

“I didn’t even sleep with him,” I said quietly, wiping away tears.

“Yeah I know. That’s why he had to screw every slut on campus,” Addy said, rolling her eyes.

“No. I mean Tyler. We didn’t have sex. He just slept over. It wasn’t even a big deal.”

“Oh,” Addy said, seeming surprised. “Nothing? Really?”

“Don’t act so surprised,” I responded, rolling my eyes. “You know I’m not like that.”

“Yeah but, fuck. He’s so hot,” she said, laughing. “Sometimes I’m just amazed with your self-control.”

“Well, my self-control is still going strong. Also, how do you feel about going to a hockey game tomorrow night?”

“SERIOUSLY?!” Ellie exclaimed. “Oh man. I’m gonna like you dating him a lot.”

We all laughed and I felt the need to cry start to subside. “Okay. Now. How much do we have left to do on the project?”

Ellie immediately looked pointedly at Addy. “Well,” Addy started. “You see… I caught my best friend in bed with Tyler Seguin this morning so I was a little distracted and well…”

“We basically spent the whole afternoon gossiping instead of doing work,” Ellie finished, looking at me guiltily.

“Oh for Gods sakes,” I muttered, standing up. “Well go get your shit. We gotta go to the library.”

We had the project wrapped up in a few hours. I headed back to my room and noticed I was starting to feel hungry again. At that moment my phone went off. I saw I had a text from Marc.

“So. Something you wanna tell me, woman? ;)”

“Depends. Feel like driving me to Subway or something? I’m starving.”

“Only if you promise to tell me everything.”

“Deal.”

Ten minutes later Marc, Jay and I were walking out of the building towards Marc’s car. “So…” Jay prompted.

“So, we didn’t have sex,” I started, noticing how disappointed Jay instantly became. “Therefore, I can’t give you any of those dirty deets. However, he is a VERY good kisser. Oh, and his body definitely made me question the no sex thing for a minute.”

“Oh God, the things I would do to that boy,” Jay gushed, throwing his hand over his heart.

“Shut up, man. He’s basically taken now,” Marc said, throwing me a wink. “See. I told you you’d knock ‘em dead in that locker room.”

“Oh I doubt I ‘knocked him dead’ or anything. He’ll probably never text me again anyway. Not many guys take hearing ‘no’ very well. He could have anyone he wanted.”

“Yeah, well. Just maybe he wants you, Riley,” Jay said, moving forward from the back seat. “I don’t know why that’s so hard for you to think but you’re quite a catch. Man if I were straight…”

“Whoa boy,” Marc cut in again. “I’m done finished hearing this story. I don’t even understand how you guys ending up talking after the game?”

I leaned back in my seat and recounted everything that had happened. By the time I was finished we had arrived at Subway and were in line to make our orders. When I got to the cash I felt my phone
vibrate.

“Oh I saw the way your eyes just lit up,” Marc said beside me, quietly. “Told ya he’d text you.”

“Hey. :) So I got the tickets all lined up! Just go to the front desk and give them your name and they’ll give them right to you. Great seats too. Only the best.”

“You’re so sweet. Thanks so much! Can’t wait to see all my advice in action. ;)”

We paid for our meals and headed back out to the car. We drove in silence for a while before Marc finally broke it. Glancing at me he opened with, “So, Riley. You know I love you right?”

“Uh, yes? We’ve been best friends for 20 years. I would hope you love me.”

“Well, as someone who loves you. I feel like we need to talk about Scott.”

“Oh, here we go. That asshole fucking BURST INTO MY ROOM TODAY!”

“I know,” he cut me off. “Trust me, we all heard that ordeal. He also came to my room after freaking out. He felt bad, you know. He regretted everything he said.”

“I don’t care if he regretted it, Marc! Come on! What me and Tyler are or are not doing is none of his business, for one. And secondly, even if it were his business he should have better ways of speaking to me! Attacking me isn’t going to change a damn thing.”

“He was just upset, Riley. I don’t think you understand how much that guy liked you!”

“LIKED ME?! He was screwing around behind my back, Marc!”

“Ever think that was because he didn’t want to deal with how he felt about you? It was easier for him to fuck up a relationship and get you to end it than to deal with the fact that he was more into you than he’s ever been into anyone.”

“That’s probably the most fucked up logic I’ve ever heard,” I muttered, rolling my eyes. “And honestly, it doesn’t even matter. He screwed up, he couldn’t respect and deal with that part of me and I ended it. I’m trying to move on to better things.”

“I understand that. I’m just trying to somehow ask that you don’t like, flaunt it in front of him or anything. He already hates himself because you dumped him. Now you’re with Tyler fucking Seguin? Huge blow to his ego.”

“Okay. I understand. And before this conversation is over I need to make it clear that I am not WITH Tyler Seguin. I am talking to Tyler Seguin. Don’t make it more than it is.”

Marc turned to me, mouth open, eyes wide and shaking his head. “Honestly, Riley. Sometimes I really wonder what you see when you look at yourself. Because it cannot be what the rest of us see.”

I narrowed my eyes at him then turned towards the window. “Whatever,” I thought to myself, swallowing back tears.