Status: active, promise!

Venin

Voices

Image


“Don’t ever let someone decide what art you do, what photos to take, what essence to capture. It all depends on you.” The words came out of his mouth quickly, the passion about what he was saying getting the best of him.

Jasmine drank every single syllable that came out of those dry lips; it was incredible how she had known him for a few years now and still, she had no idea what he did for a living. In her defence, he had never been an easy person to talk to.

“I know he’s cute, Jas, but please don’t drool over my boots.” Olivia teased her for the millionth time since the lecture that started. The blonde couldn’t shut up, and whenever she teased so much, Jasmine knew that she had a crush on the guy she was talking about.

“Look, Olivia, if you want to meet him, I’ll introduce you but can you please let me pay some attention?” The other snapped, sighing as she fixed her coat and crossed her arms on her lap, looking at the two men standing in front of the students that still remained there.

Olivia didn’t say anything else; it was normal for her to pout whenever Jasmine snapped, but it would soon be over so she didn’t bother trying to fix it. Usually, she was able to deal with her colleague, but after a long and tiring day, Jasmine just wanted some peace.

“Thanks for having me, Mr Howell, and you guys too.” Something that could resemble a smile appeared on his lips as he awkwardly walked back to his seat, resting his hand on his lap and waiting for Mr Howell to send everyone home so that he could do the same.

Everyone applauded him; making his cheeks get a light tone of pink. Gerard didn’t like crowds; he wasn’t used to them and they usually meant that there would be loud noises, annoying people and lots of pushing around. However, if they were distant from him, he could manage.

“Not a problem, Gerard.” Mr Howell said as he got up from his seat and looked at the raven-haired man, before his gaze turned back to the students. “Alright, this is it for tonight. Please remind your colleagues that didn’t attend this to stop by my office tomorrow.” A mean smirk was plastered on his lips. “Goodnight.”

With this, there was a loud commotion inside the room as the students tried to leave as fast as they could. The clock hit midnight as soon as the first few students left and Jasmine groaned; it was late, she was tired and she still had to get home.

Olivia, still mad at the girl for snapping at her, quickly got up from her chair and mumbled a ‘see you tomorrow’ to Jasmine before heading out to the limo that was waiting. For a split of a second, the dark haired girl cursed herself for snapping at the blonde. If she hadn’t, maybe she wouldn’t have to walk home.

“Jasmine, right?”

The girl jumped in surprise as a voice came from behind her, her hand going to her chest as she gasped. Turning around, she saw Gerard looking at her. He seemed to be analysing her, his eyes scanning hers like they were in a search for something that was nowhere to be found. It made her insides twirl and she didn’t like it.

“Yeah, that’s me. You’re Lillian’s son, right?” She questioned, looking around the room discreetly, to make sure someone else was there besides them, without Gerard noticing. Ever since she met him, she didn’t feel comfortable around him. He was a very reserved and strange person, even with his family.

Of course, she had tried to engage conversation with him once or twice, but he showed no interesting in replying, hence the difficulty in knowing what he did for a living or what he liked in general.

The man just nodded, fixing the backpack that was loosely spread on his shoulder. Jasmine grabbed her bag and took two steps to her right.

“It was a nice lecture, congratulations.” Jasmine had no idea why he had approached her if he didn’t want to talk, but she didn’t want to know anyway. Gerard continued to look at her.

“Thanks.” Was all he replied, giving her a soft smile that was, in a way, kind of uncertain and anxious.

“I should go, now.” The girl finally said, breaking the silence that was installed between them for a couple seconds. She put her bag on her shoulder and waved at him, starting to walk away.

“Don’t you need a ride?”

“No, I’m fine. B-But thanks anyway!” Cursing herself for stuttering, she made her way out of the building, holding a breath as she did so. Almost every single student was now gone and the night was darker than ever. All of this after talking to Gerard Way wasn’t helping her calm down.

As she got to the street, she let out a long and deep breath, happy to be away from him. Her feet moved on the concrete, following the path that would finally take her home.

**

The black backpack was thrown to the old sofa that decorated Gerard’s house. He took a deep breath as he finally sat down and rubbed the sides of his face, trying to calm down. It had been a long day, he was tired and his mind wouldn’t shut down.

‘You would miss me if I went away. Who would help you?’

The times where he would shout back at the little annoying voice talking at him inside his head were long gone; for now, he just listened and closed his eyes shut, trying to make it go away and failing. What was the point? The voice was right, it always was.

‘That’s right. The girl from tonight… I know you felt it too.’

His eyes went wide for a couple seconds; there was a reason why he avoided people. However, he hadn’t been careful tonight.

“I don’t know. She’s not good for this.” His voice cracked up, the tears starting to cloud his vision.

‘Stop being a baby. She knows you, she knows everyone. You know what has to be done.’

For a couple seconds, nothing else was heard. Outside it was a calm night, no sound would come inside his door. Inside his head, the raspy voice was now shut as well, leaving him completely alone, just like it always had been. His mind was racing, his thoughts were a mess and the only reasonable thing to do was right in front of him.

“Yes. It has to be done.”
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it took so long!
here it is, another one (:
thanks for reading and commenting and all that! Please give me some opinions, yeah?
xx