Status: active, promise!

Venin

Johanna

Image


It was nothing but a normal day for the blonde girl sitting at a dark wooden desk, writing key words on her brand new laptop. The elder teacher, Mrs Lovett, spoke without stuttering, shoving pages and pages of Anatomy down her students’ throats; ninety per cent of her colleagues could barely keep their eyes open, often having their heads falling down, startling them and the others around them.

Johanna was a straight A student at the University of New York; there was not a moment where she was awake and not studying. Her biggest dream, ever since she was just a little seven year old, was to become a cardiologist. Johanna’s father was a successful businessman; mainly focusing on working with record labels, while her mother was the head chef of the hottest gourmet restaurant in the city of New York.

Even though they didn’t spend a lot of time at home, they still made sure to be present in Johanna’s important moments in life, such as graduation. They also knew she was the right person to pursue cardiology; her heart was the biggest one they had ever seen.

Looking around the room for a split of a second, not wanting to miss much of what her teacher was trying to put in her students’ heads, Johanna spotted her older sister by just four months, Alicia, also merged in the teaching. She smiled to herself, proud of her sister, before focusing back on her notebook.

What she missed, and shouldn’t, was the raven haired boy sitting in the back of the classroom. He wasn’t there for Mrs Lovett’s teaching skills; no, he was there for her and only her. His Johanna.

His golden eyes followed every move she made, analysing even the smallest things she did; the way she was biting on her bottom lip whenever she was focused on anything, the way her yellow hair fell down her shoulders like waves, the quick way she wrote the notes her teacher was giving out. Everything pulled him in; his eyes captured everything.

No one ever noticed his presence; not even the teachers noticed that he was no longer a student, but yet someone who needed to make sure his lover was alright. Johanna and he had met two or three times, thanks to her cousin’s family, and it took no longer than a look and a smile to make him fall to his knees.

However, her heart was already taken. Christian was the name of the man who stole the light of his eyes; they had been dating since they were both young, and her mother used to say that a wedding would come soon. What she could never tell, was the way the young man shut his eyes and took deep and broken breaths, controlling himself not to runaway with her.

“She will notice me…” He promised to himself out loud, his voice nothing but a whisper as the other students around him fell asleep on their seats.

You wish she did, but in the end you know she won’t ever care for you. Look at the mess you are.

There it was again. That voice; that awful, haunting, daunting voice that followed him wherever he went; it was nothing but a reminder of his flaws, of his crooked mind and dark heart. He believed he wasn’t broken; if he was, he could never love Johanna the way he did, could he?

An annoying sound, one that Johanna immediately noticed was called the bell, filled the classroom and all the other people sitting down quickly got up, grabbing all their belongings and rushing out the door; Anatomy clearly wasn’t a class that many people enjoyed.

Taking her time collecting her things, Johanna waved at Mrs Lovett, who liked Johanna ever since the young man stepped foot in her classroom, before leaving and looking around for her cousin.

“Johanna!” She heard a female voice calling out her name, making her head snap to her side. A tall man passed her by as he left the classroom, bumping into her as he did, almost making her fall over.

“I’m sorry.” The tone of his voice showed concern, even though it had been a mere accident. Johanna gave the man a warm and friendly smile.

“Don’t worry, it’s fine.” She assured, before walking to her cousin’s side. The young man smiled to himself, her smile making his heart melt and call out for her more than it had done before.

She will never want you.

“Oh, believe me. She will.” Smirking to himself, the raven haired man made sure his hoodie was covering his face as he quickly made his way out of the building, knowing she would have no more classes that day.

As the yellow haired girl made her way to her cousin, she smiled, like she always did; Johanna and her were very close, almost as close as she was with her sister, and when they found out they would be studying in the same university, both of them had gotten very happy.

“Sorry it took me so long to get here.” She chuckled, noticing her cousin’s gaze stopped on the man that had bumped into her. “Jasmine, you alright?”

Shaking her head, like she was trying to get rid of something, the brunette nodded. “Yes, everything’s fine. Just thought I had seen someone I know.”
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it took me so long!
writers block is bad.
but here it is! get ready for some confusing and non-expected stuff!
love you x