Meet My Dedication, Inspiration

This One's For You, Part II

Jenn and I rummaged around the local strip mall for her shopping list and mine. I picked up some Dunkaroos off the shelf of the store we were in. "You think they'll eat these?"

"Duh, they're men." She laughed.

I hadn't told her about Austin and I's revelation or that we were a couple yet. We left the current store and started down the sidewalk. "Hey, can you keep a secret?"

"Yeah, of course." I smiled.

"Well, me and Craig think that I'm pregnant. We hung out about a month and a half ago at a show and now the symptoms are just too crazy to ignore."

"Oh my god! I'm so excited for you!" I put down my bags and hugged her. I winced as my rib started hurting.

"Dude, be careful!"

"I'm okay, I'm okay. I just stretched a little too far on that one." We both chuckled and walked into the local Wal-Mart. "I have to get Austin some boxers, he's almost out again."

She shook her head, "Is he really serious about that?"

"He has to be. I haven't seen him wear the same underwear twice. And I just put the laundry in at that laundry mat down there. All of his were shirts and pants."

"How's it going with you guys?"

I smiled. "Perfect. More than perfect, actually. He...Well, we finally said 'I love you' this morning after our shower. And he asked me if I would be his girl."

"That sounds so fucking precious. I'm happy for you, you finally got what you deserved in life."

We started gathering the things the guys needed; chatting about our boys and how tour ended up changing what we had initially planned. "And to think, by day two, we're both sleeping on tour buses."

I laughed, "You were from day one! I got a hotel because we were shitfaced."

"Well, at least we both got laid." We both started laughing and headed down an aisle. "How long you think until you're healed up?"

I sighed, "A month, at the least, I'd say."

"You'll be homeward bound by then."

"Oh yeah, about that. Alan and Austin both suggested I call Orange County home. After the ordeal with Clayton, he said I shouldn't go back to Georgia."

"Man, I can't blame him. That was absolutely insane..."

My phone started buzzing in my pocket. "Hello?"

"Hey baby, can you get some Mountain Dew? Alan said he texted you and asked but you never replied.

"Yeah, sorry I didn't reply, I've just been busy shopping with Jenn and everything. I'll get some though. Anything else?"

"Hurry back?

"It's been a little over an hour; plus, the clothes aren't done yet. I just put them in the dryer about thirty minutes ago." I laughed.

"You asked if I wanted anything else... and that's what I want. I could hear the pout in his voice.

"Alright, alright. I'll be back in twenty minutes or so."

"Okay, drive safe. I love you.

I still hadn't gotten used to hearing that; especially in his voice. "I love you too, Aus."

We were right by the sodas, so I threw a few 2 liters into the cart. "It's weird, isn't it?"

"What?"

"Them loving us. Like, I still cheese so hard when Craig tells me he loves me."

"Yeah, I was just thinking that, actually. It's weird, but I don't think I'd trade it for the world."

"Nah, me either. It's the happiest I've been in forever."

We chose self-checkout and then loaded our things into the car. I went to the laundry mat while Jenn warmed up the car and filled the laundry bags back up with clean clothes. The two bags literally filled up the trunk. When I got back in the car, Jenn was texting away. "Did you happen to get a test?"

"Yep, sure did. I'm gonna take it once I'm back on the bus with him."

"You'll have to let me know whether I'm gonna be an aunt or not as soon as you know."

"I will." She smiled and we were off to the venue.

Austin POV

Jess honked her horn three times when she pulled back up. We all filed out of the bus and started carrying bags to the common area of the bus. I went back for the laundry and found myself feeling giddy that she was back.

Damn, I had it bad. "Hey you." She smiled as she walked up. She was wearing a Trivium shirt under one of my jackets a pair of dark washed jeans and some Toms. Even dressed down, she looked perfect.

"Hey beautiful. Thanks for shopping for us, we don't normally get treated like this on the road." I kissed her cheek.

"It's not a problem, babe. Providing is one of the things I'm good at."

We walked hand in hand back onto the bus, where the guys had already started digging into the goods she bought. "Hey, hey! Let me divvy this shit up!" She smacked both Tino and Alan's hands out of the bags. She started handing out specific things for each of us; a box of Dunkaroos a piece for us all.

"Oh my god, I haven't had these in so long."

"I know! I was so surprised when they had them. And I knew one box would not last long, soooo I got you all your own."

Once all the things were sorted, we all piled on the couch to watch a movie while she went to the back of the bus to fold the clothes. I knocked on the wall, "Can I come in? I can try to help."

"Well, I'm almost done but c'mere." She moved the clothes off the bed and held her arms open.

I obliged happily, pushing her back onto the bed we had back there. I covered her neck in kisses and she giggled. Her phone started buzzing on the side-table. I still had my arms wrapped around her as she checked the text. She started smiling and squealing. "Yes!"

"What is it?"

She looked down and kissed me. "How good are you at keeping secrets?" She raised an eyebrow at me.

"Pretty good..."

"Alright, then... Jenn and Craig are having a baby. She just took a test that came up positive."

"What?! Oh man, that's great news.. I wonder if they're gonna get married."

"I didn't even think to ask...but maybe so." I smiled.

She didn't know what I was thinking. My wish was to be happily married, maybe have a kid. I'd been married before, but everything went to shit quickly. Jess seemed stable enough to build a relationship with; I was more confident in my every move with her. Although our sex life was much more fun the way it was, I couldn't help but think what our lives would be like had we been in a situation like Jenn and Craig.

"Man, you're thinking hard." She ran her fingers through my hair.

"You can tell?"

"Oh yeah, you look very very focused when you think like that."

"Sorry, kind of zoned out, I guess." I smiled.

"You don't have to apologize, babe." She kissed the top of my head. "I guess I need to start putting these clothes away. You guys go inside in just a little bit."

She had the clothes arranged in piles; I was definitely aware of how organized she was. I liked that about her. She laid the piles on each dude's bunk, but not before making their little beds. I laid on the bed in the back, getting a little catnap in. "Auuuusttinnnn, Austin, baby, wake up." She sang sweetly in my ear about half an hour later.

I peeked my eyes open. "Is it time to go in already?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry, but it is. I could have left you sleeping here all night. You looked so peaceful. But I think a few kids would be upset."

I stood up and yawned while I stretched. "You're right.. although that was a good nap."

She pulled my jacket back on her while I laced up my Converse.

During the show; Jess POV

Austin pecked me on the cheek before heading onstage. I smacked his ass for good measure. "How are you feeling?" I nudged Jenn with my arm.

"I'm good. I'm happy. He was so excited when the test came up positive."

"I can imagine. I'm happy for you guys." We watched the show, snapping pictures every few minutes.

"I know I keep changing the setlist, but you guys can forgive me right?" Austin screamed to the crowd. They screamed back in approval. He softened his voice, "A lot of you have seen a change in me within the past week, and I'm glad you can see it. I'm happier than I have ever been, and it hasn't gone unnoticed." He smiled at their faces. "Whether you know my situation or you don't, I want you to grab someone you love tonight when you get home and you tell them how you feel about them; even if you've never told them before. Don't miss your chance to ignite love. This next song is called This One's For You."

Austin met my eyes multiple times during the song, flashing a smile each time he did. I felt the fluttering in my stomach and in my heart, a feeling I hadn't felt in so long.

By the time he ran off stage, I was itching to jump into his arms; which I did. "Ooh, baby, I'm all sweaty."

"I don't care, kiss me." We were surrounded by "awwws" and cat calls while we kissed. I took my place back on top of the amp and he followed suit and put his arm around me.

ETF filed on stage and played an energy packed show. Craig also modified their setlist, playing "Ashley," but modified the lyrics to include Jenn's name.

"Come out here, baby." Craig called sidestage to her after they finished playing the song.

She shook her head, cheeks burning. "Jenn, you gotta go." I laughed.

She covered her face and walked beside Craig. He gave her a kiss and held her hand in his. "I know you guys have accepted my beautiful girlfriend as a part of our family and I want to tell you how thankful I am for that. This girl has been there for me even before we were together and I'm so fucking happy. I just wanna say I'm sorry Austin, but I'm the luckiest man alive." He winked at us. Austin laughed and gave him a thumbs up. Craig then turned to Jenn and started digging in his back pocket. "Jenn, you are the one thing besides my daughter that remains constant in my life. You love me through the thick and the thin and even on nights when I get so drunk that you need subtitles to understand me." The crowd laughed and Craig dropped down on his knee. "Will you marry me?"

My jaw dropped and I audibly squealed. I covered my mouth as I felt tears brimming in my eyes. "Oh my god, say yes, say yes." I whispered behind my hands.

I knew Jenn had to be crying when she nodded and said yes. The crowd erupted into cheers. I immediately ran over to her when she came back off the stage. The ring was absolutely gorgeous, you could tell Craig put a lot of time thinking about the design. Her eyes were a little red from crying. I hugged her tightly. "Congratulations, Mrs. Mabbitt!"

"I can't believe this is happening." She laughed.

"I can! And I'm so excited for you! We have to start planning soon." I smiled.

Austin and the rest of the guys gave her hugs, congratulating her. As the show wrapped up, Austin and I walked hand in hand slowly backstage to the door. "I know Craig included that in his speech, but I personally think I'm the luckiest guy alive."

"You're gonna take that one personally, aren't you, Aus?" We stopped and he placed his hands on my hips. I draped mine around his neck. We stood there, kissing for a really long time.

"I love you." I smiled.

"And I love you." He smiled back.

We finished our journey outside and I left him to the fans for a little while as I got ready for another night of bumpy bus riding.