Meet My Dedication, Inspiration

Seven Thousand Miles For What

Austin and I flew to Atlanta a couple of days later, rented a U-Haul, and went back to my old apartment. He shivered as soon as he walked in the door, "I forgot how cold it gets down south."

"Yeah, I guess sometimes I do too." I laughed and adjusted the thermostat. My apartment felt like an empty shell; I hadn't been there in so long. I started rummaging through the mail I picked up on the way in, nothing but bills I'd already paid virtually. Austin was walking around the apartment, hands clasped behind his back; just looking at how my life through my apartment. Although our bed in California was much bigger, I missed my bed. I ran into my room and fell right onto it (like I always did.) My face was buried in my pillows and comforter. Austin laid on top of me, giving me some of his body heat. "Dear god, you are so warm."

For October, the air was more crisp than it had been in a long time. "I don't feel warm," he chuckled. I wiggled my ass against him and he lifted up so I could roll over onto my back.

"Well, you most certainly are." I grinned. He leaned down and kissed my nose. He was so beautiful; and he was all mine. His hazel eyes met mine and I could see just how I'd become his whole world. His eyes were soft and glowing. "God damn, I love you, Aus."

His pupils dilated and there was no doubt his squeeze on me became tighter. "I love you too."

Our flight had us jetlagged and before I knew it, we were raveled up together snoozing away.

Austin POV

I woke up before Jess did. I pulled my hoodie over my head and left it for her to cuddle up with so my scent wouldn't leave her. She curled her legs up and buried her face in my jacket. I softly closed the door and went into the living room. The boxes were already made up, so I started packing things into them.

She had tons of geeky stuff, it was actually really cute. There were Star Wars knick knacks, tons of vinyls, anime action figures, posters of all genres, DVD collections, and so much more. I stacked the DVDs into a box, she had every Dragonball Z series and a couple of other animes. They took up a whole box by themselves. After the entertainment part of the room was all packed, I labeled the boxes and put them beside the front door.

I checked my watch. She'd been asleep for over an hour without me. Sure jetlag wore you out, but not this much. I went back into the room quietly and laid back down beside her. I rubbed her back, kissing her forehead softly. "Mmm, cold." She whispered. I pulled her onto my chest and held her there, warming up her back.

"You ready to wake up, babygirl?"

She shook her head. "Never."

I chuckled and kissed her forehead. "I guess I'll go and start packing naked by myself then..."

"Wait, naked?" She opened her eyes a little. "I wanna see."

"Ah, so there it is. My nudity will wake you up, huh." I got off the bed and pulled my shirt off. "Let's crank the heat up in this baby and get to packing then." I started pulling my pants off. About that time, she perked up and pulled her jacket and shirt off. "That's my girl."

We opted for packing in undies since things might fall and the last thing either of us needed was bruised up no-no parts. The apartment warmed up quickly and as I figured, we ended up banging on the kitchen counter. It took us half a day to get everything into boxes.

After putting our clothes back on, we sorted everything into the U-Haul. "I want sushi. You want sushi?" She said, hands on her hips.

"I could go for sushi."

"Let's catch a cab and go downtown. We can have some nice hot sake and some sushi." She wrapped her arms around me.

"I'm down for that, sounds like a perfect date night to me."

Jess POV

Austin hadn't publicly announced that we were dating yet, but when asked, he didn't deny that he had a girlfriend. Our Instagrams had laid a little dormant since I'd moved to California. But the perks of dating a rockstar are not to be taken lightly. I had met several of his bandmate buddies, including Danny Worsnop from Asking Alexandria. He made several comments on my "amazing rack" and had commended Austin the whole night we went out.

Austin was somewhat of a private person, but I knew that he was very proud of both of his exes, Crissy and Gielle. Not that I felt like he was ashamed of me, just waiting for my time to take the public pedestal. I felt awkward when he met fans and often times, I found myself hiding out before and after shows to avoid camera time. I just felt like us being public would make things a little easier on us.

We grabbed a cab and rode downtown. Once we ordered from the menu, he pulled out his phone. "Alright. Smile baby." I did as he commanded, smiling for the shot. "Your username is misstrivium still, right?"

"On what?"

"Instagram. I'm gonna post this picture."

I nodded, "Yep, haven't changed that in years. It got me backstage to meet Trivium once."

He laughed. "Is that your story? You're gonna stick to that?"

"What!? Of course it is! What else would it be?"

"Maybe the fact that you're absolutely beautiful, have an amazing set of twins, and a smile so bright that it could melt the sun."

I felt myself blush "Thank you babe. You're quite the catch yourself, you know." At that moment, my phone started buzzing insanely on the table.

"And here we go." He smiled at me.

"Here we go, what? What did you do?"

"I've been hinting in every interview that I was happily taken so I might have let everyone know?"

"Oh..." I opened my phone screen to hundreds of notifications and a text from Jenn.

Someone spilled the beans on your relationship status lol

Yeah, no kidding, my phone is blowing up!

"How bad is it?" He slid into the seat next to me. "Oh boy. That's pretty bad." He started giggling. "They think you're pretty! Look!" He pointed to a comment.

And they did, surprisingly, think that I was absolutely stunning; as Austin thought they would. I went to Austin's picture he had posted and investigated.

Sushi in Atlanta with my beautiful girl @misstrivium <3

I'd seen some of the things fans had said about Alan's ex, and I hoped that those things wouldn't be said about me.

She is so pretty Austin!
I saw her at my show!!! :)
Omg, so happy for you two<3

The mean comments were few and far between and I was thankful. "Well they didn't eat me alive."

"I knew they wouldn't. You're perfect for me, they know it too."

Our sushi and sake dinner was perfect. We both had a little buzz when we got back to the apartment. "Well, almost everything is packed up so there is literally nothing we can do here. We can stay here or at a hotel tonight." I shrugged.

"Let's go get a hotel, I'm feeling like we should leave this like it is now."