Meet My Dedication, Inspiration

"We need you so, to make way for the new born."

Jess curled up on my chest around 9:45 this morning. She still slept for another hour or so while I just laid there, rubbing her back and checking the news on my phone. She had been so exhausted lately. She said she could sleep for hours and hours and still was yawning all day.

"Jess, baby, it's almost 11. You wanna go grab some brunch with Alan and Tino?"

She didn't replied, just grumbled and buried her head into my chest more.

Gonna have to pass on bfast dude, she's still knocked out. She's been so damn tired lately, I'm getting worried.. I texted Alan.

Shit. We'll just bring you something after we're done. Anything else been wrong with her? Or just sleepy all the time? He replied.

Before I could reply, he texted again. She has been putting a lot of energy into the haunted house. Maybe she's just worried it won't be as good as she wants it to be.

You and I and everyone else knows that the haunt is perfect. She's not stressed and that's the part that's worrying me the most. Can you make sure to get her some OJ when you come?

:) Not a prob dude, see you in an hour or so.

I put my phone on the nightstand then lifted Jess up and onto my chest. She was a light sleeper so I wasn't surprised when I saw one of her eyes barely squint open. I kissed the top of her head, "I'm worried about you sleeping so much.. and just the other day, you said you weren't feeling so hot. You okay?"

Jess POV

Truth be told, I was worried myself. I'd put on a couple of pounds and had been way too exhausted lately. I was hanging out with Jenn a lot more, so I figured maybe I had sympathy pregnancy symptoms. I definitely wasn't depressed so this was all too damn weird.

"I guess so." I lifted up my head and kissed him a few times.

He rubbed his hands over my shoulders, "Well, tonight is Devil's Night. You ready to get dolled up and have a nice day with your friends?"

Before I could answer him, my stomach churned and flipped; I got up to run to the bathroom and puked my guts up. He was by my side seconds later, rubbing my back. "Not so sure about that nice day thing, babe."

"I think maybe you need to go to the hospital. This doesn't seem good.." He held me close to him.

I blinked out a couple of tears and nodded, wiping my cheek. "Yeah, I guess we should find out what's wrong."

"Can you walk? Let me help you up." He held me around my waist and helped me to the sink. "You look so pale, more than usual.."

"I'm weak. I don't get it." I washed my face and brushed my teeth before pulling my hair into a ponytail. "Babe, can you grab me some pants and one of my shirts?"

"Way ahead of you." He brought in a tshirt and my favorite yoga pants and helped me into them. I pulled on one of his hoodies before we walked out the door together. I sat in the passenger seat nearly dozing off. I felt like every nutrient in my body was being taken from me and I didn't have a doctor I could go to.

Might be a little late to the dinner, at hospital. Can you let the guys know? I texed Jenn after I changed into my hospital gown.

Oh my god!!! Are you okay? What's going on?

I've been feeling off for days, sleeping a lot and this morning I ralphed so Austin suggested I come in. They just did a pee test and some blood work. I'll let you know as soon as I know anything :(

Feel better! I'll let the guys know. Keep me posted.

One of the nurses came in and hooked me up to an IV. "You've gotta stay here until you're done with this bag. You're drained, girl!"

"So, I'm just dehydrated? That's what all this is?"

She shook her head and laughed, "I'll let the doctor see you in just a sec for your diagnosis." She looked at Austin, "Do you want him to be in here during that or what?"

"Yeah, of course I do. He's my moral support." I smiled. She looked like she had something she wanted to say and she didn't want him to know it.

"Alright. I'll be back in a few with Dr. Schroff."

"What was that about?"

"What?" I reached over and ruffled his hair.

"She seemed like she wanted to kick me out." He pouted.

"That's patient privacy, baby. Some people don't want others in the room during diagnoses and such. It's okay, though. I want you to be here."

"I want to be here, but if you wanted me to go, I would." He looked down.

"Lucky for you, I don't." He smiled at me and leaned over to give me a kiss.

The curtain was drawn back a few minutes later and this "Dr. Schroff" came in. The nurse from before was with him. "Good morning, little lady. I heard you're not feeling so well the past few days." He flipped through the pages of my chart.

"Yeah, some nausea, being really tired, and super weak."

"Well, your bloodwork did show that your potassium, calcium, and iron levels are low, but there's a reason for that."

"Yeah, and? I'm a nurse, I tried to self diagnose." I laughed.

"It seems pretty early on, but you're pregnant."

My heart skipped a few beats and then jumped into my throat. "I...I'm what?"

"Pregnant. We're gonna let Ms. Lainey here take you over to ultrasound to see about how far along you are." Austin's hand was gripping mine tight.

I looked at Austin, expecting his face to be distraught or shocked, but he looked calm and collected. He stood up and kissed the top of my head. "I'll be here, baby."

The nurse - Lainey - helped me into a wheelchair and we rolled down the hall. Tears I'd been fighting in the room with Aus started rolling down my cheeks. She helped me onto the exam table and fixed my IV bag on the hook above me. "Before you lay back, I just want to tell you something."

"I thought you had something you wanted to say in there.." I half smiled.

"Girl, there is no reason for you to have tears on your face. When my husband found out I was pregnant, he freaked out... but I've seen the way your man looks at you, and it's the way every woman wishes a man would look at her. And when Dr. Schroff said you were pregnant, there was a light in his eyes and he tried to hide a smile. You were so in shock that you didn't see it. That man loves you with all of his heart and soul and anyone that sees you two knows that."

Tears fell from my eyes again, but they were happy tears this time.

"Don't you worry about yourself or this baby, he's gonna make sure the both of you are well taken care of."

"Thank you." I smiled.

"You're welcome. Let me get you all set up and then yet another doc will be in here for the unpleasant part. Do you want me to go get him? I didn't catch his name, sorry."

"It's Austin. And yes, please, if you don't mind."

I opened my phone screen and had tons of texts, they were all congratulatory. "Baby, before you get mad, listen..." Austin said as he walked in the door.

All I could do is laugh. I pulled his face to mine and kissed him, tears still rolling down my cheeks. "I'm not mad."

"I was so excited, I had to tell them.."

"It's okay. I promise. Just kiss me some more."

He held my face in his hands, kissing me softly. "I know you aren't ready, but I'm so happy."

I put my hand over his, "Austin, with you, I'm always ready. I was scared of how you felt at first, but now I can see this is what was meant to happen. And I'm happy too."

"I just can't believe it. I'm excited but I still just can't believe it...we're gonna have a baby. A little me or a little you."

Our relationship had moved so fast, but I had never felt more perfect than I did with Austin.

Austin POV

Jess was 4 weeks along and our baby wasn't really a baby yet, just a tiny little smudge on the ultrasound screen. I guess she got pregnant around my birthday. The doctor advised her to follow up with an OB/GYN and to pick up some prenatal vitamins on our way home. "Will she be good to go for one or two more nights of our haunted house?"

"I'd take it easy, kiddo. You're not in the pregnancy clear, and I know you know that."

She nodded. "Done deal. I guess you're playing doc tonight, Aus."

I was trying so hard to contain how happy I was. I just kept picturing her with a little baby bump and all the little Disney things I could buy once the baby was here. I found myself being a little more overprotective, opening every door for her, holding her around her waist, etc.

"Alright. Gummy prenatal vitamins, because I'm an adult." She exclaimed proudly.

"Do you know how fucking adorable you are?" I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her a few times on her face.

"Halfway as adorable as you are with a side of annoying squealing when I get excited?"

I laughed. She was right about the squealing. We finished checking out then went home to get ready for the day. She seemed to have a lot more energy now that she was hydrated. Alan and Tino were waiting on the front step when we pulled up.

Alan nearly sprinted to the car and helped her out of the passenger seat. "Man, I can't believe I'm gonna be an uncle!"

"I can. These guys bang like bunnies. Everytime I call Austin, he's like 'I'll call you back bro' like I don't know what's going on."

Alan had been hugging her since she stepped out of the car. "I still got your breakfast. It's probably cold now though."

"Aw, thanks Alan! Let's go in and eat, I'm famished."

She led the way into the house, kicking her shoes off and skipping over to the kitchen. I picked her up and put her on the counter while Alan divvied up the food for us. "Oh, Jess. Here's your OJ."

"Mmmm, sweet sweet orange juice." She took a nice big gulp from her cup.

I knew she was acting really happy but at the same time, I sensed something was up. When we were "getting to know each other," she said being pregnant and childbirth were some of her biggest fears. And with me leaving for tour soon, I was scared to think how she was gonna take this.