Kiss Me

[2/2]

Blake sat quietly in her house the following day. Kendra had left to do things with her friends and her father and step mother were
at another meeting at one of the millions of companies he owned. It wasn’t uncommon for her to be home alone. Lizabell was one of the only friends she cared for and she worked most nights.

Unsure of what to wear, Blake pulled on a light blue and white lace Peter Pan top and a black pair of skinny jeans. She applied eye makeup and a thin layer of gloss to her lips. Her hair had flattened out over night, so she pulled a few bits back and secured them with a black bow.

When Harry was still not there, despite the promise of “soon” over an hour ago, she sat down and started repainting her nails.

It seemed like forever, but as her nails were drying for the final clear coat, the doorbell rang. Blake didn’t understand why she was so excited to see him again. It wasn’t as if they did anything too special, they ate dinner and talked quietly. Before, she never found him extremely attractive or interesting. But as she opened the large oak door to her over the top house, her heart started racing.

“I couldn’t figure out what kind of flowers to bring. I would have asked the fans, but I know how you want to avoid drama.” He stood on the porch, a small bouquet consisting of a red rose, a few daisies and some pink carnations in one hand and the other placed behind his back. His hair was a wild as she had remembered it and he was dressed in a plaid shirt and dark jeans. He extended the flowers towards her and smiled.

Blake grabbed the flowers and smiled back. “You didn’t have to.” She stepped aside and let him walk in. He moved his hand from behind himself and switched one of the two bags to his now free hand. “What are you making us?”

Harry shook his head and looked around. “It’s a surprise. Show me the kitchen and let me do my magic.” Blake rolled her eyes and pointed to the left.

“You should find it at the end of the hall. If you don’t, then you need glasses.” She smiled and took to the living room to put the top coat on her nails. Just ask she sat down, Harry called her in. “If you broke something already—“ She froze in the doorway of the kitchen. The table had been covered in a red table cloth. Harry was setting paper plates and a bottle of sparkling cider down. “I thought you were making dinner?” Harry was back to the bags, uncovering a storage container of fajitas and another of rice.

He placed them on the table and pulled out one of the chairs. “I didn’t want to make your house a mess, I tend to do that, so I cooked in the hotel kitchen. That’s why I’m late.” Blake sat down in the chair and watched him sit himself down. “I promise this is all Harry Styles cooking. If you don’t believe me, ask the boys. They were a little cross with me for ditching them.”

Blake laughed and rubbed her hands together. “So, is this a specialty?”

“Of course, it’s one of the few things I know how to cook well.” He placed two fajitas on her place and some rice. “It’s not 5 Star Italian Cuisine, but….”

Blake was already biting into the food. It had been a long time since she ate something without a fancy name or a double digit price. She closed her eyes and held her hand over her mouth, breaking one of the most important rules of being ladylike, “This is amazing.” The mumbled words force their way through the food.

As Blake forced more food in her stomach than she’d ever known, she and Harry got to know each other. After a while, as their stomachs rested, the jokes came out.

Harry never expected the night to go as easily as it had. They met under strange circumstances, she hardly seemed to care for him much and she wasn’t like most girls he’d known. He could have easily flashed his money or fame in a girls face and got whatever he wanted. Blake had the money and fame wasn’t something she cared for much. Not many people would full out yell at a popstar. But Blake did. She wasn’t star struck or greedy. She genuinely just wanted to hang out and talk.

Blake hardly knew how to feel. Or at least, she couldn’t exactly put it into words. Her heart raced and her eyes were pleased with what they saw. But her head told her to stop. Not to do anything stupid or try anything. He was a famous popstar with this womanizer rep. Her father would shoot her the moment she touched the boy. His main concerns were all about appearance. If his daughter was doing something with a guy like Harry, he’d be steaming from the ears as the public assumed the worst.

If he looked bad to the public, he assumed they would stop buying his property, stop eating at his places, stop using his products. He felt like he’d be shunned if he didn’t have a seemingly perfect life style. He was super paranoid about it.

Yes, it was overreacting to the max. People didn’t care that he wasn’t perfect, no one was. Bush Jr. was president of the United States and was reelected despite his stupid moves. Why would her father be neglected respect for a simple little hook up? Taylor Swift seemed to be doing fine. Even with all the songs bashing Harry.

“So, can I get a tour of this place?” Harry asked when things quieted down.

Blake shrugged, “It’s like any other large house. You have one, you should know.”

“At least let me out of the kitchen.” The dimples in his cheeks appeared as he broke into a smile.

Blake stood and helped clean off the table. Throwing plates away and putting any leftover food in the bags to be returned to the hungry boys who envied her. When all was done, she led Harry into the living room and turned on the TV. “So why did you bother coming over and cooking for me?”

“I promised you dinner.” Harry stretched his long legs out as he shifted into a comfortable spot beside Blake on the couch.

Blake watched as he slowly invaded her personal bubble, “We had dinner, you could have just left it at that.”

“We had dinner on you. It was supposed to be my treat, I did almost kill you, Miss. Finazzo.” He ran his hand through his hair and slowly placed it behind her head on the couch.

Blake saw through the move, but didn’t bother doing a thing about it. “You sure this wasn’t a way of getting in my house so you could try talking my clothes off?” Harry was completely shocked by her question and pulled his hand away. Even if he was a bit of a womanizer, it was completely stepping over boundaries. Blake crossed her arms over her stomach and laughed, “Chill, Styles. I was joking.” She reached over and pinched his cheeks.

Harry moved back to where he was, his arm draped behind Blake and his legs stretched out in front of him. “You just might be underestimating me.”

“I highly doubt I am.” Blake cautiously rested her head on his shoulder and sighed, “If you were going to do something, you would have kissed me last night when I dropped you off. Any guy would have.” She brought her hand in front of her face and started picking at the polish. “We had a fancy dinner, you paid the piano man and offered to cook for me at my house.” She sat back up and turned to him, noticing his gaze fixed on her. “Unless you are gay like some of the rumors propose, you had nor will have any ideas of romantic things.”

Harry laughed, “You sounded very intelligent up until the last word.” Blake stuck her tongue out causing Harry to bite his lip. “I brought you flowers, that’s a romantic gesture.”

“Flowers is nothing too special though. You bring flowers to people in hospitals or when someone is home with a cold. Just because you bring flowers on a date, doesn’t mean you want to get in their pants.” Blake brought her legs up on the couch and sat Indian style before Harry.

He crossed his arms over his chest and smirked, “You over think.” He stated. Blake avoided eye contact, knowing he was right. It ran in her family. Just as her father was about appearances, she was always over thinking a situation. “What makes you so sure I won’t kiss you right here and now?”

“Simple, you—“ Her mouth was interrupted by a quick peck of Harry’s lips. The blood flowed to her cheeks, a mixture of surprise, embarrassment and happiness filled her body. She cleared her throat and looked away from Harry, her hand finding the back of her neck as she willed the redness to go away.

Harry watched her quietly rub her neck and smiled to himself as he tried to calm his own racing heart.

It all seemed a bit unreal. He was bantering with a girl he just met and couldn’t stop himself when she questioned him. He wanted to kiss her the night before. But he didn’t want to scare her off. It was easy to do that. Things moved too fast lately, he was always on the road and his life was so unpredictable.

Yes, it was scheduled down to the second. But one day he could be sitting in his house and receive a call saying it was all over. His dreams were ending. There could be a massive fall out with the guys or Simon could lose all faith in them. Nothing was set in stone, really. Contract or not, his career could end quicker than it start.

He didn’t want to drag people down with him. Harry strayed from relationships once he realized how unsure his future was. Maybe it was all just in his head, but he didn’t want to set the dominos up just to have them fall down because of something so unpredictable.

Blake calmed herself and looked back at Harry who was still smiling like a goof. She didn’t know what to say to him, really. She could joke about how elementary the kiss was or be serious with him. She could have just jumped him right there, went in for more and please her pounding heart. So many things could happen between them. Nothing could happen between them. Any second, someone could walk through the front door and ruin everything.

Of course, she wasn’t sure if the kiss was because he was trying to prove a point or he actually wanted to kiss her. When it came down to it, she really had only one thought in her mind. “Harry?” She half whispered to him.

“Hm?” He swallowed hard and tried his best not to stare at her peach lips.

Blake took a second to collect her thoughts and put words into a coherent sentence. “Can you do me a favor?” She laughed nervously. “As silly as it may seem, I mean, like, you don’t have to. Okay, wait, don’t if you really don’t want to. I—“ She filled her cheeks with air and waited for him to say something.

“What do you want me to do, only if I really want to?” He held his breath and waited for the question.

“Kiss me like,”

Harry attempted to finished the sentence, “you wanna be loved?”

Blake laughed and shook her head. “Don’t go all lyrical on me, Styles.” She relaxed a bit more and tried again, “Kiss me like you mean it.”

Harry shook his head, making Blake think she was being foolish and too forward. She tried to move away, but he managed to wrap his arms around her and pull her against his chest. “Permission to be cliché?” Blake nodded, “I’ve wanted to do this since I first met you.”

His lips touched hers softly, he wanted to tease her, but the plan backfired as he found it teased him just as much. Slowly, their lips met and moved together. He could feel his heart beating against his chest and she could feel both of theirs. His would beat then hers and his again. Their mouths opened slightly as the kiss deepened.

When Harry suddenly pulled back and took a quick breathe in, Blake sat back confused and disappointed. Harry reached down and smiled at the ground. “You have really bad timing.” He lifted a ball of white fur and placed it between them. Blake sighed and made a face at the cat but couldn’t help laughing as she said his name,

“Romeo!”
♠ ♠ ♠
I admit it ends differently than we all would hope. But it's exactly what I wanted. To be honest, I had this idea and a goo 500 words written about her chasing a cat name Harry down the street and confusing the poor lad which lead to a relationship, but I trashed it and chose this instead. I wanted a cliche laughable name for the cat, and I felt it was perfect. I dunno. This is the end. This is where you come in and imagine the life you want them to have, may it be together or apart.

So I made Blake's Outfit because stories give me a reason to make cute sets that I'll never wear.

I am so happy you guys joined me for this story. It was an adventure for me. I got to live in this world that made me forget about my horrible tooth pain :P

Comment and rec if you want ♥

xxBambi