‹ Prequel: Study

Hit the Books

No Danger

“Well we don’t want a long engagement so we’re thinking the November, a nice spring wedding.” Sian said dreamily. Bailey just nodded and wrote it down. Her sister had insisted on taking notes of all the thoughts and ideas she had about her wedding. Sneaking a glance at Jimmy, Bailey smiled to herself. As greater couple as they were it was funny to watch them trying to plan their wedding. Sian had so many ideas running through her mind and Jimmy was just agreeing with everything she said.
“You’re maid of honour Bailey, obviously and I’m going to have two bridesmaids.” Sian continued. “You remember Bree and Claire, right?” Bailey nodded and made a mental note to watch what she said about those two from now on. Bailey had never really been the biggest fan of her sister’s friends but there wasn’t much she could do about it now.
“You’ll, of course, have to dance with the best man but is there any guy you want to invite? I’m already going to invite Eve and Tilly but is there anyone you want to bring as a date?” Sian asked. Bailey knew very well who she would like to bring but she also knew that was impossible.
“Nah, no one comes to mind at the moment.” Bailey lied. “If I think of anyone I’ll let you know.”
“Great. Well we’ve got to take Seth to his swimming lesson now so I guess I’ll see you when we get home.” Sian said patting Jimmy on the leg as she got up.
“Ok, have fun.” Bailey yawned putting her notebook down. They’d been talking about the wedding for the past two hours so Bailey was definitely welcoming the break.
“Come on.” Sian urged her fiancé, grabbing his arm and trying to pull him up off the couch.
“I’m coming, I’m coming.” Jimmy sighed heaving himself out of his seat to go get his son. Bailey just laughed and followed her soon to be brother in law out of the lounge room.

Bailey pulled the sheets up over her chest and smiled as Mitch ran his fingers up and down her side.
“Feels like I haven’t seen you in ages.” Mitch sighed. He was still breathing heavily but that was understandable given the duration of the events that had proceeded that moment.
“You’ve seen me at school.” Bailey replied, resting her head on his chest.
“It’s not the same and you know it.” Mitch chuckled deeply. “Anyway I’ve been meaning to mention something for a while actually.”
Leaning up on her elbow Bailey raised her eyebrow. “Yes?”
“My family is having a rather large barbeque to celebrate my father’s birthday.” Mitch explained. “They also happen to know that I’ve been seeing someone for a while and they’re not overly happy that they haven’t met you.”
“Oh yeah? And how do they happen to know this Mitchell?” Bailey asked.
“Because, and I quote, ‘I have been a lot happier this past year’.” Mitch laughed. “But anyway, will you come?”
“Is it safe for me to come? They won’t get suspicious?” Bailey asked. She wasn’t sure if she was ready to meet his family, especially his parents, there was always something daunting about meeting a guy’s parents.
“They have no reason to. I’ve told them you’re studying at university.” Mitch shrugged.
“Oh really? And what am I studying?” Bailey questioned, curious about what story he had concocted.
“You’re a second year law student.” Mitch smiled. Bailey shrugged, she could easily see herself being a lawyer.
“I guess I could spare an afternoon. As long as you’re absolutely sure there’s no danger in it.” Bailey said seriously.
“I’m positive.” Mitch said kissing her softly. Bailey just smiled and went back to resting on Mitch’s chest.