Status: Leave comments of how I'm doing, it helps and inspires my writing.

Youth Gone Wild

Since I was born they couldn't hold me down, another misfit kid, another burned-out town

I was a miracle daughter of an old and filthy rich couple that thought they would never have a child until I appeared into the world on a sunny day of July. White skin, blue eyes and brown hair, mom always told me stories how hard it was to name me. I looked like a snow white but my parents thought it would be a bit weird name nowadays. They wanted to give me a name that would be unique and beautiful, so I was named as Siren.

I wish I would have been better daughter to my parents that I was, but it was a bit late now. Due to their age, they never understood all the ‘crazy’ things I wanted to do as teenager so they banned it all thinking that would stop me. When I turned sixteen I dyed my hair white, pierced my septum and took facial tattoos, not regretting anything I did. My parents lost their respect towards me when I did all this behind their backs, but the love never disappeared. Slowly I managed to get the respect back and I tried my best to act like a daughter my parents deserved.

I turned eighteen and mom and dad passed away, not to any illness but the old age they were, leaving all they owned to me. I sold everything, ending up a pile of money I didn’t really need but kept it for a rainy day, which never came. I didn’t need a job and never wanted one, so I spent beginning of my twenties, traveling around the world, looking for something never knowing what.

At the age of twenty-two I gave up. My hair was long and my dark brown roots took over the white color. My stretched ears hang proudly with a white, four inch tunnels in them and my half-albino skin was covered in tattoos. My eyes were icy blue and my lips were pink, missing the touch of human contact. Maybe that was the thing I was looking for all around the world.

Mid-day sun turned the sand on the beach into a deadly trap for a bare skin, but I was used to it due the long days at the beaches I spent in Hawaii, Australia, Africa, you name it, I’ve seen it. Even after all those hours I’ve spent on beaches around the globe, I haven’t managed to tan at all and it made me really frustrated. I loved my white skin, but I hated to watch as all the other people that spent their days in the sun went home in the evening all golden brown, red, anything while I my skin remained pale. I wasn’t pale as ghost, more like person who hasn’t ever tried to tan and was allergic to sun.

I had spent the whole morning on re-coloring my roots and decided to have a break from the toxic fumes floating around my house due the dye.

I stuck my feet into the sand, moving my toes around getting the sand to stick between them. Sighing voice escaped my lips as I laid my head on my knees, closing my eyes. I started to listen, the sounds of the ocean and all the life around me. Little kids screaming as the cold water hit their feet, screams turning into a giggles. Seagulls keeping loud noises somewhere in the sky, old couples laughing at some memories, dog barking and the sound of the highway close the beach.

Sudden flurry stole my sun hat from protecting my head from the deadly warmth of the sun, but I didn’t bother to run after it, wasting my time running after it breaking the relaxation and peace I had finally set my body in.

‘Excuse me.’ British male voice cleared his throat somewhere near me. I absolutely adored his accent, any accent in general. I had an accent too due the fact my mom was British, but I can’t remember did I had accent or not, it’s so long since the last time I spoke. Slowly I lifted my head up and looked at the direction of the man. Sun was blocking my vision perfectly, making it almost impossible to see, so I lifted my left hand on my forehead creating a shadow over my eyes making seeing possible.
‘I think this is yours?’ The British man with a long, curly brown hair and a spider bites that glistened in the sun said. He was holding my beloved sun hat, offering it to me. I nodded slowly and took a firm grip of the hat, making sure it wouldn’t try to escape with the wind anymore.

‘I’m Ben, but I guess everyone knows that.’ He awkwardly scratched the back of his neck and laughed while I placed the hat back onto my head.

I nodded and rolled my eyes, reaching for Ben’s hand, getting confused look from him but still he let me grab his hand. I wrote letters into his palm with my pointing finger.

‘Siren?’ He asked, pronouncing my name in a weirdly cute way while staring at his hand that I was tightly holding. I nodded as an answer and wrote more letters.

‘Yeah, no problem little bird, but I really need to get back to my bird, girlfriend I mean.’ Ben blurred and carefully took his hand from mine, sending a sweet and gentle smile to me which I returned. I waved him goodbye before he left. I stared the cocky British man as he walked over to a beautiful brunet, smiling and laughing. She looked happy as the British man opened his arms and closed the girl into a tight embrace before he picked the beauty from her feet onto his shoulder and carried her into the waves, dropping her into the deep water creating a huge splash.

I didn’t stay at the beach much longer than the couple I've followed with my stare the whole day, well just a half of it. It was three a clock when I stepped in from my front door and I went straight into the kitchen to make something small to eat. I wasn’t really into eating; it was just a way to waste time to me. I’m not anorexic; I just simply don't enjoy eating as much as I should.

I sat on my porch, cigarette hanging from my mouth, poisoning my body while I kept thinking about Ben and his ‘bird’ how lovely they were and how happy they looked. I wondered how it felt, to be in love and to have someone to share your life. I’ve never been in love, just innocent crushes. Once I thought I was going to fall in love with this guy I met when I lived in Dubai with my parents and my aunt and her family when I was just a silly teen. I didn’t remember his name and I bet he didn’t remember mine, so his just a distant memory for me.

It’s not like I haven’t tried to find love, I had and every time my quietness ruined everything. Guys I met thought I was a freak or that there was something really wrong with me, just like my aunt thinks. She blames me for ruining her marriage even if she knew that it wasn’t my fault, it was his for using the sixteen year old me.