Status: Leave comments of how I'm doing, it helps and inspires my writing.

Youth Gone Wild

We are the young so raise your hands

I loved to wear heels but I hated the sound they made as the heel hit the pavement. It was the night of my birthday, probably around half hour to midnight and I stood outside of my house, smoking a cigarette as an escape from the party I had put up by text messages just few hours ago.

I really missed the party scene I once was so used to, but after I went mute I didn't really fancy these things. For the long time, I enjoyed myself with my old friends even if I needed a brake from them and ended up walking outside and sitting on the swing.

'Siren, are you here?' Joe's drunken figure walked out of the front door. I had managed to contact my ex-best mates with their old numbers and I was a bit surprised that they lived in Los Angeles nowadays.

'So, you really don't speak?' Joe sighed and sat besides me, stretching his arm around my shoulder. I didn't bother answering his question so I just leaned closer to him and blew the smoke out of my lungs that I had been holding in since Joe walked out.

'I heard rumors you know, about what your aunts husband did to you, how you forgot most of the time when we were teenagers and how you traveled to Dubai to search answers.' Joe stared at the night sky.

'I almost forgot, Ben is looking for you, his inside.' Joe nodded towards the door.

The man I had met on the beach, the one I had been dreaming of was in my house and looking for me. Why, was the first actual thought that came into my mind. We hardly knew and last time I checked, he had a beautiful bird, waiting him at home, so why come here, looking for me.

I'll go find him. I wrote on the lads thigh and dumped my cigarette into the ashtray before getting up.

'I'll be here if you need me, though I might be "sleeping" you know, never been good with alcohol.' Joe laughed and waved me goodbye as I disappeared into the depths of my own house.
For inviting just ten people, my house was crowded. Lots of people I've seen or met once or never were scattered around my house but I didn't mind, they brought booze so I didn't have to bother myself with it. Almost everyone seemed to know who i were and that i didn't speak so it made the whole "strangers took over my home" thing much easier to handle.

I wondered around the house, getting many Ben is looking for you and happy birthdays. Someone i didn't know and who didn't seem to know i didn't talk told me, Ben is in the backyard, looking for you and happy birthday. He got a bit annoyed when i didn't say anything back to him, but i had no time to worry about it at the moment.

There was a lad on our backyard, kicking everything that he saw. He was crying and pulling his hair out. He looked really familiar but i didn't remember how.

Since my "uncle" had raped me and abused me again last week, i forgot many things, like big pieces of my life just disappeared.
This boy had ran to our house, begging me not to go with my family, to stay with him here. My mom asked him to come inside, since i didn't manage to say a word to anyone.

Mom told him what had happened and why we were moving, why i didn't talk and that i didn't remember who the curly haired boy was. After the small talk, the British lad hot up from the couch and stormed into the backyard.

I started to cry as i watched him. He seemed broken and hurt and it made me feel exactly the same. I think i had hurt him, but i didn't know how.

When we got into the car, i watched as he stared me through the car window, tears in his eyes but without any emotion on his face.


This was the only memory i had from Dubai for years before i met Ben again. I started to remember things again, but not enough to put the pieces back together.

Ben was sitting on the grass, staring at his hands and the beer bottle he was holding.

I walked besides him and kicked his knee, getting his full attention. He handed me his beer and patted a space next him, noting me to sit with him.

I straightened my black dress and took my heels off before sitting down. I lifted the beer on my lips and took a big gulp, emptying the whole thing at once.

'Wow bird, you drink like a man.' Ben laughed and handed me another beer from one of the many he had behind him.

We kept drinking, alot, until both of us needed each others to stay up on our feet. Ben had dragged me back inside to dance with me in the middle of the living room where everyone else was grinding against each others, and that's what I ended up doing with Ben.

I woke up to a noises coming from the downstairs, probably from the kitchen, remembering that I had offered Ben a place to stay for the night since it was too late and he couldn't really walk.
I threw the cover off, revealing my almost naked body and jumped up from my too comfortable bed. Somehow I had managed to slide the black cocktail dress off before I had passed out after carrying a full grown man to my couch.

Quickly I covered my naked upper body with a big sized t-shirt I had once stole from the boy in Dubai, never returning it to him and headed downstairs.

When I reached the kitchen, a scent of fresh coffee hit me. I leaned against the door frame and watched as the British man poured coffee into two white mugs.

'Thank you for letting me stay and i love the shirt.' Ben smirked as he turned to face me. Something about all this, me standing at the kitchen door, leaning against the frame and watching as a British lad made coffee for me, was bringing my emotions up.
Ben was about to hand me my mug, put put it back on the table, next to his and offered me his hand. I shook my head and Ben pulled his hand away.

'Are you sure you're okay?' He asked bit worried. I nodded as a yes and took the coffee mug he was once again offering to me.

'I woke up early and cleaned a bit but luckily there was no bigger mess.' Ben laughed and followed me when i walked outside.
I was about to go and sit on the swing, but just like Joe had promised, he was still there, passe out. His limbs were hanging overt the swings edges and he kept making horrible noises while he slept his drunken state away. I rolled my eyes and Ben laughed as we sat on the steps.

We sat in silence, only noises came from Joe snoring, when we smoked and when our lip piercings hit the mugs. it was relaxing and a bit awkward. A lad I had met once before had joined my birthday party and he spent the night on my couch. I wanted to know how he found his way to my place but then I should probably do that to half of the guests. Few of the were still inside, sleeping in weird angles and places.

It was really early due the fact that streets were almost empty from the cars and only ones going past my house were teenagers that made their way to schools.

Smile spread on my face when I saw the familiar teenager on his skateboard, listening music and humming along with the song. He jumped off the board and picked it up from the ground before walking towards me and the British lad with a hood on his head.

'Hey Siren.' Tom waved and shot a strange look at Ben. It took probably a minute when he spoke again.

'Are you Ben Bruce?' Tom awkwardly asked from Ben. Tom's eyes light up when Ben pulled the hood from his head.

'I guess you're a fan of ours?' Ben lazily smirked. I shot a confused look for both of the lads. Tom nodded eagerly.

'I love Asking Alexandria. I didn't believe Siren when she told me she knew you when you were just starting in Dubai, but I guess she really was telling the truth.'