Status: on hiatus.

Smoke and Mirrors.

o n e.

“You never know what you’re missing until it’s gone.”

My mother’s words rang true in my head, she was so right. You really didn’t know you were missing until it was gone. Gone and never coming back, never to be yours again. I was dumb and young and didn’t care for him or love. I knew he’d do cartwheels for me if I told him to, but me being me, I never gave a shit about that stuff. Until he was gone, off to marry a chick who actually deserved him. Whoever he married was a damn lucky woman.

As much as I’d love to sit down and dwell about my mistakes I made in the past, I couldn’t sit there and bitch and moan over him. Pff, I’d do anything to have him back, but when you’re young and never caring, you tend to drive people away.

“Ava!” My mom called from downstairs, I was packing up the stuff I had left here almost five years ago. The day I turned eighteen I packed a suitcase and hauled ass. I still had a room full of shit to pack up and take back to the apartment I shared with Matthew.

“Yeah momma?” I asked, carrying a box down the stairs and setting it down in front of the kitchen doorway.

My mom sat at the kitchen table, her hands were folded in her lap and a steaming cup of coffee sat in front of her. Living with my mom for the first eighteen years of my life, it quickly registered in my mind that I was either in a bad situation or I was about to get a lecture. My mom pointed to the chair across the table from her, I sat down and surveyed the kitchen. Not much had changed since I left five years ago; then again, my mom wasn’t a big fan of change.

“How have things been Avie?” Momma asked, calling me by the nickname I had ever since I could remember.

“Things have been fine momma,” I shrugged.

My mom nodded, “I just wanted to know, it’s been so long since you left for Hollywood.” My mom said, a smile crossing her lips. She grabbed the blue pack of L and M’s cigarettes that she had been smoking ever since my first memory.

I coughed as she exhaled the smoke, I got up from the kitchen table and pushed the chair in, the chair’s legs scratching the linoleum. I went back to packing my room full of old memories, all the time he was still on my mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
new story, hope everyone likes it. c:
this won't be updated until Saturday/Sunday. so this is just a little taste.
hope you enjoy!

read, recommend, subscribe, comment.


Image