Status: Slow updates

Names Hands and Faces

Chapter 1

Frank-
I pick at the skin on the back of my right hand while I wait for my shift to end. It was only a dish washing job and everything had been cleaned up a while a go, the last customers gone. But this was a high end restaurant and if I wanted to be given that waiter job I needed to be perfect. The manager had looked past my tattoos (being covered himself) and only requested that I take my lip and nose ring out while working.
"You coming Frank?" Ray asks. Taking his hair from the bobble, letting it fly out everywhere.
"Sure, in three seconds. Three two one"
"You're taking this perfect thing way too seriously" He chuckles and I just shrug back
"I need the extra money" We skulk out of the backdoor and I grab my smokes from my pocket.
"I know I know. But I don't think Brian would mind you clocking off three seconds early" The chef tells me as I light up. I just shrug again before offering him my packet. He shakes his head and we trudge to his car. I lounge against the bonnet while he gets in and buckles up.
"Later Frank,"
"Later Ray" My house was only down the block so he didn't give me a lift, but I liked the small walk to clear my head. He drives off and my eyes follow him before I leave for my own home. Finishing the stick in mouth while I do.

It wasn't a house per say. More like a studio with a kitchen, bathroom and then main room. But it was home. And home was where the dogs were. Mama and Peppers bark at me with wagging tails as soon as I drop my keys into the bowl by the door
"Hush girls" I reprimand and they do so within the second. They were trained well, and none of the neighbors had the heart to tell the landlords on me or them. Granted that I didn't have parties (Never gonna happen) or play my guitar after 11pm (A bit harder to not do, but I had an acoustic) "Come on ladies, I better feed you" I lead them into the kitchen, kicking my shoes next to the door and leaving my jacket over the back of the couch. I fill up their dog bowls with the dry food on the side and while they start to much I fill up their water bowls. I switch off the small kitchen light as I leave the area, going into the space with my mattress. I strip to my boxers and fall onto it with a creaky thump. I situate myself under the covers, scratching at my right hand. It had been irritating me all day. I ignore it though, and fall into a dreamless sleep.

The next morning I wake up with sun streaming in my eyes
"Aaarrg" I roll over and shove my head under the pillow. I didn't want to get up. I groan again before I hiss, there was a searing pain coming from my right hand. With my left I rub the sleep from eyes and shove my glasses on after scrambling for them on the grimy carpet. "What the heck?" The back of my hand was bright red with a few grey marks littered on my skin. I had learnt about this in my first year of high school.

"Settle down class" The teacher booms and we fall into silence. "Today we are learning about a very special thing"
"Is it sex?" A laddish voice asks from the back followed by sniggers. I just roll my eyes.
"No, Mr Carlton. But it is intimate" There are more straggles of laughter and I refrain from rolling my eyes
"Then what is it?" The girl next to me asks
"You're true love" Everybody ews slightly at that. We didn't want true love. "Hush up, this will happen whether you want it to or not. Now in time, and i'm not sure how long this time will be as it depends on the time and place, you will all have a name appear on your right hand. The name on your hand may be specific, it may not. But the name that appears on your hand will be the person you fall in love with."
"What if that doesn't happen!" A worried voice asks
"That isn't a possibility. You just have to explore, be in the right place at the right time"
"Will the process of getting the name on your hand hurt? And will you be able to cover it" I find myself asking. I didn't care about who it was, just nervous that I couldn't get tattoos on my right hand. I had plans for my ink that mapped my entire body.
"Yes Mr Iero, it should. And you can't cover it up no"
"Oh" So no ink on my right hand then.
"And the name should appear before you find your love, it may appear during or just after that meeting. But be ready, you never know when it'll happen" She warns us and we all nod in unison. My thoughts for that day were clouded with my hand. I didn't really care. But the fact that I couldn't get any tattoos on that hand pissed me off more than anything. And what if I didn't want to fall in love anyway?


"Crap" I mutter. I was going to find my true love soon. Great. "That true love better be a BLT with substitute bacon made by Ray Toro because i'm starved" I shuffle up. Dislodging the dogs from my body as I stretch. I get a quick shower and dressed in my shirt and dress pants that I had ironed yesterday. I shove my converse on my feet and brush through my hair before re-perching my glasses onto the bridge of my nose and doing my tie, all those years of catholic school payed off. I rub a bit of aloe cream onto my hand before feeding Mama and Peppers giving them fresh water. I grab their leads and take them outside after they had snuffled their way through the bowls. Picking up their poop, careful of my clothes I take them back inside. They had been really good these past few days while I was busy with work so I give them some extra treats before I run out of the house. I wasn't gonna be late for work.

I get there with minutes to spare and Ray is just opening up the door
"BLT without the bacon please" I beg, getting my breath back by leaning against the serving counter while he chuckles, going to set up his kitchen
"Sure Frankie, go sit for a second" I do so, rubbing my hands over my eyes. It must have only a few minutes before the sandwich gets pushed in front of me. We were the only two here so I eat like a wild dog. Still not getting anything on my freshly washed shirt. Today was the day that Brian would tell me if I got the job. He would be here in ten and then the restaurant opened at 12 so we would have an hour for basic training. I had been watching Brendon though so I was almost a professional by now. "Whats up with your hand?" Ray asks, sitting with a toastie opposite me. Both of us careful not to disrupt the silverware.
"Name of my true love or whatever" I shrug and his eyes widen
"That's awesome man! I haven't gotten mine yet" Ray Toro was a romantic through and through. It was his fault I was hooked on old 80's romance movies.
"Hurts like a bitch though" I scrub at it and he rolls his eyes
"It's scabbing over. So by tomorrow you should know!" Okay so apparently it healed like a tattoo.

"BRIAN!" I stop our conversation as Brian enters. Looking startles at my outburst and sleep rumpled.
"Yes frank?"
"Did I get the job?" I don't wait or beat around the bush. He shares a withering look with Ray before his eyes land on me. I stand up, brushing the crumbs from my hands and mouth. Straightening my skinny black tie and smoothing my shirt and pants over.
"Yes, Frank you got the job"
"FUCK YES!" I jump up and down before dodging around the many tables and jumping on him in a hug. Used to this he hugs me back with a laugh.
"Now c'mon and lets get you started"
"YES!" I follow him like a puppy through the doors and into his office. Completely forgetting about my hand for the time being.
♠ ♠ ♠
-Hello just a new story idea but with slow updates
-Again massive thanks to GeeAfuckingA xx