Status: Slow updates

Names Hands and Faces

Chapter 12

Gerard-
"What are you doing?" I question, looking down at my brother who had Franks dogs sitting before him
"Testing to see how smart they are" He shrugs and I watch as he gives them commands "Sit" They do so "Lie down" And again "Roll over" And again "Play dead!" Peppers just lies on the floor with her eyes closed and tongue out but Mama goes the whole nine yards, yowling in pain before swaying and falling.
"He trained them well" I smile before getting to what I was going to say before Mikey distracted me. "And I'm going to go to the gallery"
"Alright don't be back late"
"I won't" I promise before I'm shoving on my leather jacket and grabbing my car keys.

The ride to the gallery is filled with assholes on the road and a traffic jam. I admit to banging my head against the steering wheel a couple of times. But then my mind wanders to last night and I find myself leaning backwards, relaxing. Letting the traffic jam let me have a little thought time, allowing me to process what happened last night. Frank came over and we watched movies, then he went to get his dogs and Mikey, him, his dogs and I fell asleep together on the couch with Frank in my arms. We had got to know each other a little, chatting idly through the movie with Mikey adding his own opinions. It wasn't deep or anything but I found out simple things like our birthdays and family while Frank did the same. I felt closer to him already, it was really nice. He had made up for running off and more.

The traffic had cleared up so I get to the gallery without any more thought. Not having enough time to daydream. I think nothing of it when I go in, sending a quick text to Grant about what happened yesterday after his concern. I also send a quick one to Frank, not knowing when I had got his number.

Have a gd day, mine afta? x

The reply back is almost instant

Same 2 u and if ull have me :) xx
COURSE now gtg xx
laater xx

I grin to myself before putting my phone away in my pocket. I look up in time only to collide with somebody, just stopping them from falling by grabbing their flailing arms.
"I am so sorry!" I garble before looking at the person who was currently in my arms. I step back a little and look the girl over. She was gorgeous with jet black hair down her back and bright red lipstick
"It's cool, as long as nothings broken" She smiles and I smile back.
"Gerard Way"
"Lindsey Ballato" We shake hands and she giggles "I'm just setting up some art for the next show" She gestures to a few tables piled high with things and I nod
"I just came back to retrieve something from my wall"
"Ahh I remember now, you're fantastic at drawing"
"Thank you, from here your art looks pretty amazing too"
"Thanks" She grins "Hey, do you want to go get some coffee? I have an hour free"
"I think I can do that" I say and think nothing of it as we both leave the gallery to the nearest Starbucks.

"No okay, he put a fork in the toaster!" I tell Lindsey who cracks up as I tell her the tales of Mikey Way.
"No? Shut up!"
"Yes!" I giggle into my third coffee. Our feet tangle under the table a little but I put it out of my mind. It didn't mean anything, and there wasn't anything wrong with a little flirting as long as it didn't progress. It wasn't like I was with Frank or anything either I mean, I barely know him! The names could be wrong. Especially if the connection I was feeling here wasn't one sided and it wasn't like I wanted the name in the first place. The name on my hand gets forgotten and Lindsey doesn't mention it. Instead we swap numbers before going back to the gallery.

"We should do this again sometime" Lindsey suggests and I nod, giving her another quick hug before I go back to the apartment. Waving to Lindsey as I do. I get back to my home and walk in on Mikey dressing up Franks dogs who looked like they didn't mind at all. Instead choosing to sit there with their heads to one side while being dressed ridiculously. Mama was some sort of Sailor and Peppers was a pirate.
"What took you so long?" He asks, fixing Mama's little hat.
"Someone from the gallery wanted coffee" I shrug before going to change. I found it was easy to lie, despite it not being a lie at all. More like the withholding of information. Mikey didn't even need to know anyway.

"WHERE ARE MY BABIES?" I hear a voice call a little later and then laughing with yaps. It was Frank. The guilt hits me like a tonne of bricks and I can feel myself trying to sink into the couch. I had nothing to feel guilty about though! That though changes when Frank bounds in. The dogs at his heels. His smile rivals the sun when he see's me and he waves before launching at me in a hug which I reciprocate from the awkward angle of the couch
"Sorry, sorry" He apologises while he wriggles around a little until he's sitting on my knee and able to hug me properly. He sits there for a minute before bouncing up
"Brian got his name and he's freaking out!" Well that explained the happiness. "Oh and Toro wants to meet you guys soon if that's cool. We could all go down to my apartment?" He says and I watch Mikey nod.
"Toro?"
"My best friend Ray Toro!"
"You mean Ray Toro as in guitar god Ray Toro?" Mikey asks and Frank nods eagerly "I'll be there. When are we meeting him?"
"I said it was up to you guys if you did want to meet him"
"Tomorrow would be good? What about you Gee?" Mikey asks and I nod. Frank wanted me to meet his best friend. This was kinda big. Not meeting the grand parents big but big.
"Sure"
"Awesome! I'll text him a little later. Now what are we doing?" And the guilt is ever so slowly going to kill me. I am a horrible human being.
♠ ♠ ♠
-Thank you for reading xx
-Lindsey is not the bad guy in this, if anybody it's Gerard (so far). Lindsey is pretty damn awesome and I have nothing against her. But she needed to be there and do everything for the story to progress :)