Status: Slow updates

Names Hands and Faces

Chapter 7

Frank-
I wake up at nine because I could tell the conversation with Gerard was going to take time, and I was going into work at twelve. I got to Gerards at ten and he looks as if he just rolled out of bed.
"Frank?" I don't answer, slightly more awake him than him so I push past him into the kitchen. I go and put the kettle on boil and motion for him to sit down. He does so as I go around making some coffee for the both of us, and breakfast for him as I had eaten before. Toro wasn't the only one who could cook. He stares at me as I raid his fridge. Luckily I find eggs and some really old but still edible herb so I go about making an omelet "You don't have to do that"
"I know, but I want to"
"Frank, it's early"
"I know, but I have to be at work in 2 hours and i'm thinking this could take a while"
"Oh okay, hey Wrinkles" He greets his cat and it purrs around my feet. I leave the food for a second so I can fill up his food dish and water dish after searching the cupboards for a few minutes. I look over at him and he smiles before stretching and cracking his back.
"Cut that shit out that's gross" I tell him before flipping over the stuff in the frying pan. His cat does the same and I grimace before starting to serve up the breakfast and coffee.
"You're not gonna eat?" He questions as I sit opposite him. I just shake my head.
"I ate before"
"Oh" Was all he said before tucking into the food. "This is good" He smiles at me through a mouthful of egg before returning to eat.

I creepily watch him eat until he had finished about twenty minutes later. Then while he's sipping at his coffee, I go and wash the plate and put it away. I sit back down in front of him, grabbing at my own lukewarm coffee and we sit in a slightly awkward silence until we're both finished.
"So what did you want to talk about?" He asks eventually.
"First, I wanted to apologies for running out. I was shocked and a little scared"
"You don't have to apologies. You had every right to"
"No I didn't. I should have stayed"
"I didn't expect you to"
"But I should have. Anyway, i'm sorry about that"
"You don't need to be" He assures me and I just shrug
"And I wanted to know where your head is with us"
"Well where's yours?" He counters
"Well, the names are never wrong. And I really like you, plus the attraction is there. What about you?" I was nervous, what if the names were wrong? I had already screwed up once.
"Well, it's the exact same here. But I thought that you didn't" He hesitates "That you didn't like me back, so I blocked everything out" He shrugs. Rubbing over his hand. The name was raised and red slightly, I can't believe I didn't notice it yesterday.
"It hasn't healed yet?" I ask and he makes a non-committed noise. Mine had already healed, but I don't question it as he starts to look around nervously.
"Yer it has, I think. Anyway, i'm sorry for blocking you out. I was also really scared" He admits in such a way my heart hurts. I had caused that.
"I'm sorry"
"Stop saying sorry, please" He begs, looking at me with such a sad expression in his eyes I want to scream. I don't of course, I just nod. "I know Brian made you come to my art thing"
"He told me about it, and yes he did ask me to go. But I could have declined"
"Then why didn't you? If you didn't want to see me"
"But I did, I want to make amends"
"Oh?"
"I said I was sorry and I meant it. I'm going to make it up to you" I tell him "And the beginning was going to your art thing and see all your bad ass art"
"That's kind Frank, but i'm not worth it. I'm not worth the hassle" He tells me, regret in his voice
"I think you're worth it. I know you're worth it actually"
"I'm, i'm not right Frank. I'm fucked up"
"Then lets be fucked up together!" He smiles at me finally once I say that. Just a small smile
"But promise me to get the hell outta dodge if I hurt you" He tells me and I shrug
"I won't leave, but maybe i'll blast angry music from my apartment so loud your floors will vibrate" He shakes my hand when I hold it out. There's a shiver through both of us as soon as we touch and it makes me grin
"Done" That's when I get up and catapult around the table. Pulling him into an awkward hug.
"I'll be back later okay. Then i'm gonna woo the shit out of you"
"I'll be ready" He tells me before I get off him. I give him a quick smile before leaving "Bye Gee"
"Bye Frankie" I hear faintly until the door is shut behind me.

"Hells yeah, Frankie boy you did good" I dance around on the spot, not very well mind but victory was victory. And he called me Frankie again! Now to get to work and not kill anybody, and tell Brian about everything. He's gonna be so happy with me!
♠ ♠ ♠
-I know it's short i'm sorry but here it is :) (and i'm sorry for that cliché line but it had to be said)