Keeping the Family Strong

Morning Worries. Part 1

******NEXT MORNING******

Zak's P.O.V

The first night went good. Every time I went to the bathroom I checked an Megan. I learned she is a light sleeper like me. I ran into the wall and woke her up that's how I learned that.

Right now I'm making pancakes and Megan is still asleep. My phone went off telling me I had a text message. Of course it's Aaron.

(Text messages) (Z=Zak, A=Aaron)

A: Hey bro how did the first night go.

Z: Good

A: That's good. What you doing today?

Z: Whatever she wants to do

A: Well Andrew won't stop bugging me about when we're going to see her again.

Z: Maybe we can go out for lunch or something =)

A: Alright, what time?

Z: 1:30

A: Alright see ya

Z: See ya

(End Text message)

I finished the pancakes, just then I heard something fall. I go look end see Megan sitting at the bottom of the stairs. I freak out and rush over to her.

"Megan, Are you alright?" I ask in a panic.

"I'm fine dad." She said. I helped her up and walked her to the island. I might want to look at her medical file.

"Are you sure?" I ask again. I think I'm going to have her checked out.

"Dad stop I'm fine." She said standing up.

"Alright, But tell me if your back hurts then we can have you checked out." I told her.

"Alright." She said smiling at me.

"Anyway you hungry?" I ask her.

"Yeah, Do you have any juice?" She said sitting back down on an island chair.

"Yeah do you want some?" I said fixing her a plate.

"Yeah, I'll get it." She said running to the fridge. "Do you want some?"

"Yes please." I tell her as I put her plate on the island. "Aaron wants us to go out for lunch with him."

"Is Andrew going to be there?" Megan asked.

"Yes, He will." I said taking a bite of my pancakes.

"When is your next trip?" She asked taking a drink of her juice.

"Next week. Why?" I said looking at her with a questioning look.

"Just wanted to know. Are you leaving me alone or have someone watch me? She said looking me in the eyes.

"Actually during the summer all three of you go with us." I said with a smile. We started this last year. The idea is for the kids to bond with us and also to stay out of their mothers hair for a few days a month.

"Really?" Megan asked while she stared at me.

"Really." I said putting my plate up.

"Dad, Why did you let mom leave you?" She asked putting her plate up.

"Megan, I didn't let her leave. She just did. I tried to stop her but she wouldn't listen. I...I loved her." I said thinking back on the night Rebecca left.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright there is a lot more then this but it was way to long so the next chapter is also will be in Zak's P.O.V
If you have a twitter you can follow me here.

https://twitter.com/JaclynDWoodbeck