Keeping the Family Strong

Morning Worries part two

Zak's P.O.V

I went into the living room to watch a little TV. I had no idea what i was watching. I was mostly thinking about my life. How I could be happily married with two kids, well at least Megan. How I could have someone to come home too, to kiss good morning and good-night.

'You screwed up bad Zak bad' I thought. I look over and see Megan walking into the room and sat next to me. She is the only thing I didn't screw up on. So I missed 13 years so what I get to see the rest. I smiled at her. She smiled back at me.

"You should go get dressed we leave in a couple hours." I told her.

"Alright Dad." She said getting up and walking upstairs. I got my phone and started texting Nick. Hey he has a daughter. Shes older then Megan by 2 years.

(TEXT) (Z= Zak, N= Nick)

Z: Hey bro.

N: Hey, How is raising a teenager?

Z: Good.

N: That's good. So whats up?

Z: Just wanted to talk.

N: Ah, Did anything amazing happen yet?

Z: She started calling me Dad.

N: Wow that was fast.

Z: IKR. But the thing is what if I do something wrong like she hits her head but she acts fine but isn't.

N: You stated texting me for advice.

Z: Maybe.

N: Zak you need to chill.

Z: How can I chill? She has already fallen down the stairs this morning.

N: OK. If she starts telling you back hurts or something else hurts then take her to the ER but till then relax.

Z: Alright you are right.

N: Zak you have been a dad for 14 years. But it's just now coming out to be used so you have it in you.

Z: Thanks bro I needed that.

N: I know you did. If you need someone to come to for advice I'm always here.

Z: Alright, Hey Megan just came downstairs. So I have to go.

N: Alright ttyl bro.

Z: Bye.
(END TEXT)

I looked at my daughter who was wearing a pair of pink shorts that are not short at all and a purple T-shirt that had a smiley face on it.

"So what are we doing besides going to lunch?" Megan asked sitting next to me on the couch.

"I don't know yet. Maybe so shopping or explore a little." I said staring at my phone.

"What did you do after my mom left you?" She asked. Ok she wants to know everything don't she.

"Are you asking to know everything that happened?" I asked looking at her.

"I want to know why it didn't workout. Why it fell apart after I was born. Am I bad luck or something?" She said. Her question made me take her hands and pull into me.

"No your not bad luck. Your mom hated that I was gone so much making money and I wouldn't let her spend any of it. I wanted to save it just in case the show failed." I told her. Hey it was the truth. I didn't want anything but my family.

Megan looked up at me. I see where she was about to cry. I gave her a hug. I loved how it felt to know I had to take care of someone and it's a child. I love her.

"Dad, Did mom tell where she was going?" Megan asked in to my chest.

"No, why?" I ask. Megan sat up straight and looked at me.

"I think I know where she went." She said.

"Where did she go?" I asked.

"I saw her kill her Ex. That's when I panicked and called the police. After that she started doing drugs and started lashing out. Dad I was scared." Megan told me. I was in shock.

"Why did she kill him?" I asked because honestly I was scared for Megan's safety but that's why she is with me.

"Something about not doing what she asked him to do." Megan said like it was no big deal. What if that was Megan who didn't listen. I wouldn't have ever seen my daughter again.

"Let's go wonder the strip." I said. I needed to get out of the house. I also wanted to bond with Megan. The best way is to get out of the house.

"Alright." Megan said getting up off the couch. I got up an turned off the TV then grabbed my keys and then we left.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoyed sorry it took forever I have been busy.
this was put under one of my other stories by accident.