Status: Ongoing

The Beginning of the End

The End

I was on my way home, when my dad decided to run for some errands. I had no objections so I just sat in the passenger seat and played games on my phone. We were almost to our destination, when I got the first message from Adam in a little over 24 hours. I was worried to death.

My last message read "You okay? You seemed upset when we last talked."

Adam replied "No. I'm not. And we need to talk on skype about something :/
If you can't skype, then I'll call your cell."

"What's wrong baby? Did I do something wrong?" Now I was getting nervous, we need to talk never means anything good.

"No, you didn't do anything." Adam reassured me.

"Is it related to us as a couple?" This is the beginning of the end, good-bye happiness.

"Yeah"

"Oh man, I'm worried now. Should I be?"

"It'd be better to do this over skype or the phone." Adam wasn't helping calm my worries, this was "the talk" we all dreading in a relationship.

"Oh man, I'm out for a bit so I can't Skype at good quality." I told him, hoping the excuse would get me out of this for a bit longer.

"then I could call you?"

"We aren't breaking up, are we? Yeah"

He didn't answer the message, but the phone call went directly to my cell phone. I hesitated to pick up the phone, afraid of the talk we were going to have. I caved and picked up the phone.

"Hey baby, what's up?"

"I'm really sorry to have to do this, but I'm breaking up with you."

I sat there for a minute, in disbelief over the words I just heard.

"But what? I don't understand. Things are going so well."

"I know, but really it's me not you. I've just been stressed about college and other stuff you don't know about so I don't think I'd be able to give you what you need. I feel terrible about this."

We just sat there for a minute, without saying anything. I sat there in shock, letting the tears roll down my cheeks. I could hear him crying too, the heavy breathing and the upset tone in his voice.

"I have to go. Good-bye baby."

The phone hung up and I knew this was the beginning of the end. I moved to the back of the car and laid down for a minute, just laid down and cried. This was not happening.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, this is a true story. But beware that names and details are changed to protect identities of the true people. This is the story of the breakup with my boyfriend of almost three months. It didn't happen exactly like this, but it sounds better than "we met on facebook through mutual friends." Enjoy and thanks for reading! :)

Started with the preview of the end, then jump to the beginning kind of opening. I hope you enjoy it