Status: Ongoing

The Beginning of the End

Tonight's The Night, Well Not Exactly.

It was Friday night and the day I'd been waiting for finally came. The date was April 12, 2013. It was four days before my birthday, but that wasn't the exact reason why I was so excited for this date to roll around. It was two days before Prom and that meant several things. It meant after almost three months, Adam and I got to attend a school dance together for the first time. It also meant that I would spend the night at Adam's house because he lived a bit far from me, since our school takes in students from several towns in the area. I could not believe this day had finally come!!

As usual, Caitlin and I were in the underclassmen cafeteria before school. She looked gorgeous as always, with her curls looking larger than life since she curled her hair and wearing an adorable floral dress that welcomed the start of spring. Caitlin was gorgeous, but she did not believe me when I told her that time and time again.

Caitlin, like any great best friend, could tell that I was feeling anxious and wanted the day to end. She knew about my plans for the weekend because it seemed like that was all I could talk about. But she was my best friend and she didn't care; that's what I liked about her. She proceeded to let me go on a tangent about how perfect this weekend would be. However, I felt like I was being selfish and asked her about how she'd be spending prom night.

"So, Caitlin, what are you doing Sunday night? I hope you have some exciting plans in place." I said, with more enthusiasm than needed.

"Oh, well it seems that my plans changed at the last minute. I decided I am going to prom tomorrow night, even though I do not have a date. I'm sure you and Adam will not make me a third wheel, right?" She said, with a smile on her face.

I was surprised that she even decided she would go to prom, because she had only bought the ticket since I made her and she didn't want to go dateless. But I know Caitlin and she did not need a guy to have a good time!!

"OMG, really?" I said with disbelief and excitement, both of which were evident in my facial expression.

"Well, of course! I wouldn't miss it for the world!! And I know my best friend would want me to be there, just in case anything exciting happens." She said the last part with a wink and a nudge, trying to hint at something happening after prom with Adam and I.

"Not happening, so don't get your hopes up!!" I told her.

She looked disappointed, but she knew me well enough not to be surprised at my reaction to her winking, nudging, and hinting at things.

She was just about to respond, but the 7:10 bell rang for first period and we exchanged a hug, along with an air kiss, before heading off to class. She told me to text her if the details changed and we hurried off to class, going our separate ways.

First period was the hardest class to pay attention in because I could tell that not only was Adam anxious today, but the rest of the class was, too. The students in Mr. Jacob's classroom were mostly juniors and since the junior prom was Sunday night, our teacher could tell we were quite restless and inattentive.

Mr. Jacobs decided to finish up the notes, after going over yesterday's worksheet and call it a day. He told the class to be responsible and that he did not want to hear any stories about students not being able to return to class on Monday because something dangerous had happened over the weekend.

Finally, class was over with a few minutes left to spare. Adam and I had been exchanging glances all period. Now we could finally talk about the distinct details of Sunday night. I was so glad we had time to talk a bit before we headed to second period. As usual, we gave each other compliments and called each other the cute nicknames we had given each other. This conversation was a bit serious to start, but we were able to go on with usual conversation after the details of Sunday night were all set. I could not wait for Prom Night and I could tell by the spring his Adam's step, the excitement in his voice, and how it was all he could talk about, that he could not wait either. I knew this weekend would be amazing, but I had this gut feeling that the days following my birthday would not be so amazing. I fought the gut feeling and headed out the door of Mr. Jacob's classroom holding hands with Adam as he walked me to my next class.
♠ ♠ ♠
The details for this chapter are not entirely accurate to the actual story of Prom Night with my ex-boyfriend, but I had to change the details to fit this story. Enjoy and feel free to comment with any feedback. Thanks, it's greatly appreciated!! :)