Status: Ongoing

The Beginning of the End

The Second Date

It was a long weekend and I hadn't seen Adam since Friday. My weekend was packed with homework, work, and chores around the house. Monday was my only free day and we made plans to hang out. We decided to do something more casual, so we went over his house to watch some movies and cuddle. I was excited to go over his house, but extremely nervous at the same time because it meant meeting his parents. I didn't wanna make the wrong first impression but I didn't want to seem like something I'm not either.

It was two p.m. and Adam told me he'd pick me up at three. I was just getting ready, I had a few more things left to do. I straightened my hair, did my makeup for a good twenty minutes before settling on something simple, contemplated outfit choices once more, and decided that the third choice was the best. I wore a v-neck, with a simple sweater and jeans. The sweater was a little big for me, so it appeared unflattering but it wasn't too bad. I wore my favorite mocassins, which were super old and falling apart. I didn't care, because I knew he accepted me in any way. I loved knowing that, knowing that a guy thought I was beautiful no matter what.

It was close to three and I felt my heart racing, sweat forming around my armpits, my thoughts filled with anxiety, and excitement all at the same time. I knew there was nothing to worry about, but I couldn't help but worry. It turned three and Adam sent me a text message "I'm here baby, meet me downstairs?" I texted back "Of course, with a kiss ;)" I grabbed my purse and ran downstairs as fast as I could; I was so excited to see him! I got to the lobby of the apartment building, he told me I looked great, reached for my hand, and we wanted down the stairs and out the building. We walked to his car and he looked over at me, looked into my eyes. I knew he wanted to kiss me again and this time, I wasn't nervous. I went with it and we ended up making out for a few minutes. He got a text from his mother, she was wondering when he'd be heading over. He texted back, "leaving now, sorry!" And we decided it'd be best to be on our way.

There was about a thirty minute drive to his house, because he lives in one of the farther towns of the school's district. I was okay with that, because it didn't seem like much at all. We made it there by about 4:30, because of traffic and I felt anxiety, along with nervousness, come back.

He squeezed my hand, he knew I was nervous. He told me there was nothing to worry about and that his parents would love me from the start. I had trouble believing that, but told myself he was probably right. He parked his car in the garage, opened my door for me, and lead the way into the house. He knocked on the door and said "Mom, we're home!" She opened the door and greeted me with a nice and genuine hello. "Hello, you must be Aly, right? So nice to meet you, he's told us nice things about you!" "Yes, it's nice to meet you Mrs. Flynn. Oh really, has he?"

We ended up talking for a few minutes, before Adam suggested we head downstairs. I liked his mom and I could tell she liked me, or seemed to. We headed downstairs and turned on the TV, turned on his XBox, and went to the Netflix app to choose a movie. I was down for anything, and decided to choose a movie we've both seen, for obvious reasons. We decided to sit on the couch and cuddle and, obviously makeout during the movie, too.

I couldn't concentrate on the movie, though, because something lingered in the back of my mind. We had been talking like a couple for about a week now, but he hadn't asked me out yet. He hadn't said anything or hinted at wanting to make it official. I was dying for him to, to be able to say he's my boyfriend but I didn't want to seem pushy.

"Babe?"

"Yeah?"

"Something seems wrong, you seem off. Whats going on?"

"Well, I was just thinking, we haven't made it official yet. When are you going to ask me to be your girlfriend?"

"How's now sound?"

"Wow, that'd be great."

"Alyson, will you be my girlfriend?"

"Of course!" I said with the biggest smile on my face I could possibly manage.
He smiled at me, squeezed my hand tighter, and we resumed watching the movie in peace.

Overall, we had a great date. We got lots of privacy down in the basement and I loved being with him. Cuddling was really nice, as was making out. The movie was good, but we didn't get the chance to finish it that day because he had to drive me home. When it came to leave, neither of us wanted it to end!

He drove me home and we decided to sit in the car for ten minutes and cuddle. We made out for a few more minutes and he walked me up to my apartment. He kissed me, gave me the tightest hug and said "Baby, don't let go." I responded, "I never will, I don't want to." We stood there hugging for a minute and then he let me go. "I have to go, my mom will be really mad if I'm not home for dinner. Bye baby, I'll text you to let you know I got home safely." He walked downstairs, out of the apartment building, and to his car. I stood by the window, and made a heart with my hands. He returned the favor and then drove away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah, the story of our second date. The day's events are shortened and not as detailed, just because it's easier to tell that way. I hope you liked it and the next chapter will be a flash forward, into the future kind of chapter. Sorry for not updating in a while, but I've been busy with school and work. I plan to update at least once or twice a week from now on. Thanks for reading :)