Status: DOOOONNEEEE!!!

A Vicious Cycle

1/1

I always ended up waking up here. No matter what I did. I would always wake up in this bed, in this room, in this deserted place. Where was everyone? I don't honestly know, I was sure I was still on Earth, just somewhere that isn't really inhabited. I never had to worry about food or water because they were both always there. Where I live is like a miniature house I guess, it had all the essentials. Nothing more, nothing less. I guess TV and the internet weren't counted as essentials because they were nowhere to be found. No phone either. I don't know how I know all of this if all I can remember is being here, but I guess I don't really have any means of finding out.

The scary thing, or things I should say, about this situation though is that one, I can't leave no matter how hard I try, and two, I can't die.

My existence was fairly peaceful, nothing really exciting though. And with boredom of course often leads to sadness. I didn't know where I was at or if I would ever see another living being ever again but I guess I couldn't help but just sit there and wonder. My life in a nutshell was boring.

I remember one day I was just sitting there, thinking, when I heard a noise. A noise that I didn't create. Something else. I immediately got up and walked ever so quietly to the window. I looked outside to see nothing unusual. Just the same old barren land. The weather never really changed here, it was always partly cloudy, the seasons never changed either. Just the plain old grassland where I lived. Anyways, I went away from the window and walked toward the front, and only, door. I decided to grab the only weapon I had in the house, my knife. I guess you could say it was the closest thing I had to a friend. I never used it on myself, although I was extremely tempted at times, but I did use it to entertain myself. I walked ever so slowly towards the door. It didn't have any windows on or near it and it lacked a eye-hole so I had no way of seeing what was right outside it. I unlocked the door and twisted the knob ever so slightly and then it hit! The door shot open and in came the worst thing you could ever imagine. It was somewhat human-like, but not quite. It had two very beady eyes that no matter what angle you were at they would always look directly at you. This thing also had a large grin that it would constantly wear. Its hands were quite unique, rather than fingers it just had basic fingernails I guess you could say. Its legs were tall and thin yet looked extremely fast. I could tell immediately that this thing wasn't going to be an ally.

I quickly raised my knife and slashed at the thing, though it dodged the first strike. After repeated attempts and constant missing, it kept getting closer and closer. This wasn't going to turn out very well for me. I was scared for my life and was fighting it as hard as I could yet the thing didn't seem like it was breaking a sweat. Eventually it hit me, or scratched I should say. My arm where the cut was started burning. It felt as if someone had lemon juice and poured it on a cut, yet this pain was ten times worse. The thing continued to attack me even after I went down, it just wouldn't give up. I kept drifting farther and farther away. I was slipping. And then all at once, I was gone.

I woke up with a start and looked around me. I was in my bed in the room. Same place, same everything. I had not a single scratch. It was as if nothing had changed, as if it all was a dream. The monster, the attack, all of it. I got up out of bed and continued my regular routine.

But then I heard it. The same noise I had heard last time. It was faint, almost like a little knock. It may have even been an actual knock. I realized that the thing wouldn't have been able to knock very hard since its nails wouldn't produce much of a sound. By now I was scared. I knew it was out there, just waiting on me. What could I do? Last time I fought it I ended up getting hurt and, could you possibly say dying? I know I ended up waking again but I couldn't be so sure.

I went back to my bedroom where the window was and looked out, and there it was. Climbing up toward the window where I was at. How it knew I was there, I don't know. I freaked out and hid in the closet where my only clothes were. The window slowly creaked open and then I heard it enter. Plop. Plop. Its feet hit the hardwood floor one at a time in a somewhat delicate manner. It slowly walked forward and before I knew it the thing was right outside my closet door, waiting. I couldn't do anything about it except to wait there and hope for the best.

The closet door shuffled a little bit and then ever so slowly started opening. The thing poked its head inside and stared at me with its beady eyes and its wide grin. It didn't move. It just stared at me. Nothing else. I had no option but to stare back, I was afraid that if I looked away it would attack, but I couldn't go forever without blinking like this thing could. I had to blink sometime. And then I did. The monster screeched and ripped the closet door of the mechanism and threw it across the room. It lunged at me and scratched me yet again. But this time, instead of continually attacking me. It just sat down right next to me and stared. It added more cuts with its nails but it never looked away from my eyes. I was in unbearable pain but I was in a trance, paralyzed almost. I started to slip away again, feeling my breathing growing more rapid and my vision failing. And then everything went black.

My eyes peeked open and I was yet again back in my bed. It had started all over again. It was a cycle. I got up and got dressed like I had many days before. I went to the kitchen and had a glass of water and then I sat down on a chair, wondering what I was going to do. But I couldn't do anything, it would all be useless. And then I heard it. The familiar soft knock on the door. It was here yet again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it!