The Garden State.

Here we are.

We stepped out of my dad's rented black jeep.The minute I looked up at the house - I hated it. Whether it was because it wasn't my real home or whether it was because I was finally facing up to the fact that I wasn't going to live in London anymore, I simply hated it here.

I know you're probably thinking I'm acting like a bit of a kid but hey, it's not like I'm having a tantrum and refusing to go into the new house! I'm also being selfish - my parents tried their best to make this easy for me but I just made them feel guilty for dragging me away from my life.

"Mel? Are you okay?" my dad asked, walking over behind me.
"Fine," I mumbled.

My brother and sister had already arrived to Jersey last week - they had to come early otherwise they would've missed college and would've started late or had to wait another year to go through another reapplication process. It was a little bit easier for them because they were going to go through a new school anyway with college coming up.

I sighed as I took in two lighter boxes labeled kitchen; I had seen the house before on the internet and photographs.
It was modern, large and nothing like it would be in London.
Although it had the same amount of bedrooms as my old house; it being 4.
It still didn't feel the same. I had connection with the other house this one was so.. new.

When you walked onto the large porch and through the front door you were met by a immense marble-floored hallway with wooden stairs leading up and two doors, one either side of the walls; one leading to the living room and open plan kitchen, one leading to the guest bathroom and another to a smaller reception room.

Upstairs had the same similar feature when up the stairs you'd be met by another wood-floored large hallway with the doors and a long bridge-like landing from the hallway to my parents room and bathroom. The other doors leading to the study, my room, the family bathroom, two other rooms.

And yet I still didn't like it.
Although my house was smaller and not as modern it was still my home.
All I could think about was the new things I had to endure; school, unpacking.

What if they didn't like me? What if they judged me?

Hello paranoia..
♠ ♠ ♠
3 days - won't be on for awhile on the second day because we're giving the computer away and buying a new one in Jersey, gay or what?

xx