Status: I can't promise an update within a few days of each other. I'm a very busy person.

Troublemaker

Elderberry Jam

Zoe woke up, the happiest girl on the planet, wrapped up in Nick’s blanket. He wasn’t beside her, but a note left said he’d be back in a little bit. She assumed he was going to go pick up his brothers, so she got up and thought nothing of it.

She walked to the kitchen, holding his blanket tight to her, taking in the smell he left behind. She couldn’t figure out why she loved him like she did. He was good looking, he had a killer personality, and she knew a little about his past. It was his past that made her the most nervous.

She sat down with a bagel and cream cheese and thought about things.

He’s obviously from money, and he is obviously well versed in women. It was what little she knew of his past that made her the most nervous. He’s only 21…so how many had he been with? How much hard work has he really done?

Being a Southern girl, a hard work question was something she had to ask.

She had just polished off the blueberry bagel and put away the cream cheese container. She heard the door open and started walking towards it, in hopes to introduce Nick to a nice surprise.

When the door swung open, there stood Nick and two other men. She assumed it was his brothers and her eyes widened at the sudden knowledge of her nudity.

Nick thought this was all hilarious and started giggling. Zoe bolted for the stairs as fast as she could.

“No wonder you were distracted last night.” The taller brother said. She ran as fast as she could to Nick’s room, slamming the door behind her. She wondered why didn’t expect his brothers to be with him.

It wasn’t long after the incident, she was putting clothes on, and Nick walked into the room. He looked at her and could tell she was feeling very uncomfortable.

“You okay?” He asked, simply.

“I guess. At least they didn’t see anything.” She shrugged while sliding her jeans on. “Last night, I was honestly kind of hoping that your brothers coming were a dream I had. I’m SO not prepared for all of this after everything that happened with your mom.”

“I know, it’s a little soon, but I get this feeling, her hand is in them coming.” He scoffed and slumped on the bed. Zoe stood near the bathroom door, staring at him. He looked at her and signaled for her to join him.

She climbed in the large bed and snuggled his neck. “I’m sorry if I embarrassed you.” She sighed.

“No no,” He was kind of chuckling, “you didn’t. Joe turned a little red, and of course Kevin had to say something, always the oldest.” He rolled his eyes. “They want to meet you.”

“Aw man, do I have to?” Zoe’s face turned sour and she wanted to just stay in his room till they left.

“Unfortunately, you have to leave this room at some point.” He pulled her by the waist on top of him and she giggled.

“How’d you know what I was thinking?” She kissed him, and he acted like he wanted to go further, but she stopped him.

They left the room, hand in hand, and walked downstairs to where the brothers had already found beers and ribs to cook on the grill.

“Two seconds, and you’re already eating my food and drinking my drink?” Nick asked.

“Yeah…and?” Joe asked. Zoe couldn’t see him too well, his dark sunglasses hiding most of his face. Kevin was a taller, stockier man. His white shirt looked like it couldn’t handle his pectoral muscles and his sunglasses were reminiscent of a younger year.

“So, this is Zoe?” Kevin asked his younger brother.

“Yes, this is Zoe. Zoe, this is Kevin and Joe.” He pointed in the general directions of the boys as he said their names. She did a little wave, still embarrassed about earlier.

“Honey, I’m gonna go for a walk, be back in a little, okay?” She smiled at him.

“Whatever makes you happy.” Nick kissed her forehead and let her go out through his large back yard.

Zoe tried to hurry away from his brothers as fast as possible. She was nervous and scared of their judgements.

She slapped herself for really giving that much of a damn on what someone thinks of her.

She meandered through the Georgia woods, the crisp air getting to her bare arms, and looked around. To her surprise, an elderberry bush was in full ripeness. She sighed at her lack of basket, so she grabbed two sticks and the leaves off of a plant and made a small basket like her grandmother used to make.

She picked the berries for a long time, thinking of what Nick and his brothers might be talking about. After almost two hours, she stopped caring about what they think and started the trek back to Nick’s home. She decided on the way to make jam out of the berries and was pleased with her crop of wild fruit.

When she arrived back at the house, they were all at the dining room table, playing a card game. She smiled at the thought of her man having fun with his brothers and opened the door.

“Hey y’all. I apologize for running off like that; Kevin and Joe, but I needed some air. I hope you enjoy your stay in Georgia.” Her smile could make teeth hurt it was so sweet and she walked past the three men to get to the kitchen.

“It’s okay, what’s in the…what is that thing?” Joe asked her. She looked up and noticed his glasses were off. He was handsome; any woman would find him a prize in her life.

“Oh, I didn’t take a basket and found elderberries. Didn’t want to get my shirt dirty, so I made a small sack.”

“That is the coolest thing I have ever seen.” Kevin said looking at the craftsmen ship of his brother’s companion.

“Thank you.” She blushed.

“Elderberry?” Nick asked.

“Sweet, dark, good.” Zoe smiled. She put a few in a bowl for the boys to snack on and they were all impressed by the flavor. She made her way around the kitchen like she had worked there for years, but it was simply knowing how a man puts his groceries away.

“Hey, Kev, I need to go to the store and get supplies for y’all being here, want to go?”

“You said y’all.” Kevin laughed, snorted once and finished his statement, “Yeah sure. Joe, you want to go?”

“No, I’m good. I think I’ll shower and rest.” The other boys nodded. Nick kissed Zoe good bye and they left. “It’s really nice meeting you, I’m going to go shower though.”

“I understand.” Zoe smiled as she measured out what she needed to make elderberry jam.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think this chapter really shows my writing skills, I could actually take the time to take my time =). I'm off from school till the 9th, so be expecting lots of drama and updates, lol.

-HammiSanz