Status: I can't promise an update within a few days of each other. I'm a very busy person.

Troublemaker

Bitches Be Cray.

A few days had passed and things were going smoothly amongst the house. Joe and Kevin were set to leave the next day, so Meaghan was ultimately depressed. She had been spending every waking moment at Nick’s place, going as far as a calling in sick. Zoe didn’t think she was much better because she had done the same thing in the past.

They were all sitting around the table eating lunch that the girls had prepared, all reading some sort of media outlet for entertainment and making small talk when the time fit. Zoe was busy looking outside and realized it was almost Halloween.

“It’s almost Halloween, did you guys realize?” She asked aloud, looking from the outdoors that were slowly turning into winter and leaving summer a distant dream.

“Yeah, haven’t thought much about what to do.” Nick told her. Joe and Kevin shrugged when they were looked at by the others in the group.

“Not like we’re going to be here.” Joe made the point. Meaghan sighed and Zoe rolled her eyes at her love struck friend.

Nick leaned into his loving girlfriend and whispered about making Halloween plans later. He held her hand out to him, making a face of questioning, and she took it happily. Nick walked her outside and Zoe was curious as to his actions of parting from the crowd.

“What’s up?” She knew he wanted to ask something serious, so she braced herself for the impact.

“Next week, the day after Halloween, my mom is flying in. I’ve planned a few things for you and her to do.” Before he could finish, Zoe was already huffing and puffing about not wanting to do anything, “Please, stop, just hear me out. If she doesn’t like you, she’ll do everything in her power to make us break up or, even worse, not even get married.”

Her head spiraled as she heard the word, she knew the action inevitable, but the blow of the word from his mouth, and so soon after the promise ring, made her step back.

“Whoa, whoa. Isn’t it a little early to think about getting married? We just did the promise ring thing like a month ago. I want to please your mom, if mainly to get keep her from making us part, but” She was at a loss of words and she began to pace the deck. Nick could tell she was frazzled and gave her a minute.

What happened next, no one expected.

Both Zoe and Nick’s heads turned towards the loud bang sound that came from inside the house and there stood a taller, brunette. She looked well beyond her years and found what she came looking for. She went up to Kevin, asked him something, Zoe couldn’t tell what.

The next thing she’s outside trying to push Zoe over. Zoe took a hard stance and never budged for this girl.

“You’re the girl?! You’re nothing but a ho!” She screamed. Zoe had no idea what was going on but she wasn’t going to let it happen much longer. She raised her palm and slammed the girl down to the deck flooring. It shut the girl up quickly and Zoe bent down to her level. Nick was in shock over what was happening and could do nothing but stand there.

“Are we ready to speak nicely?” Zoe smiled a saccharin smile to the girl and the girl just sighed and looked off in the distance.

“Did you just hit her?” Kevin came booming out of the house and bent down to help the girl, it was then that it hit Zoe. This is Danielle.

Zoe hung her head in shame for moment but then realized she had nothing to be ashamed of. This woman came from very far away just to call her a ho, she needed a good slap.

“Thanks to you, he’s-“ She pointed at Kevin “going to leave me.”

“Whoa, what?” Zoe clinched her eyes in disgust over this whole situation.

“What the hell are you talking about?” Kevin asked Danielle.

“You said-“

“I never said anything of the sort. Can we please talk away from the crowd about this behavior?” She sighed, glared at Zoe as they walked away and didn’t even acknowledge Nick’s standing there.

“Wow, that was-“

“No, just hush. I’m going home, I’m tired of stuff like this happening all the time. I want normal for two seconds. I don’t want to have to think about marriage, or impressing anyone, or anything. If you’re smart, you’ll do right by not talking to me for a while.” Zoe stormed off from the deck and walked around the house to get to her car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, but good content.

=D

-HammiSanz