Status: it used to be weekly, now it's just please stay tuned

Keep Your Head Up

XI

I felt my heart drop to the floor when we left the lake house. My mother drove there Sunday morning and picked us up.

The night before, after everyone fell asleep, I had the hugest urge to go for a swim. The quietness of the lake and the moonlight reflecting on the water made it perfect for the peace I required.

I love the company of my friends, but my own company it’s what I most enjoy. I thought about going skinny deep but instead I went in with my underwear.

The water was averagely cold but I could handle it. My breathing was pounding every time I emerged to inhale some air. I decided to swim on my back and just float for a while.

I closed my eyes and my mind took me back home, to the day my father died and everything felt like an earthquake. I brushed those thoughts away and reopened my eyes. The sky was absolutely gorgeous and it was an image worth being shared. I wanted to get out of bed wake everyone up and tell them to come outside, but instead I just quietly got out of the water and went back into the house.

The morning was up and everyone else was awake but me. They had things packed and ready to go.
“Good morning” John murmured.

“Good morning”

“Your mom is almost here, you should get ready” He said, while getting my clothes from the bag and handed them to me to.

It was when he looked away that I realized I was naked. The sheets slipped and he maybe saw a nipple but he didn’t seem bothered.

“Did you noticed last night?” I asked.

“Yes.” He replied with a smirk.

“I can’t remember why I got in here naked.”

“You went for a swim, right?” I nodded, “I guess you got lazy to dress your pajamas again”

“I was probably exhausted.”

“Probably” He said sitting in bed and making his way for a kiss, which I followed.

Behind him a coughing sound was made. We stopped kissing, John had his hands around my hips and I had mine around his neck.

“Mom” I yelped.

She looked both disapproving and surprised. Her face was tilted to the left so she could let us re-arrange ourselves.

I grabbed the shits and John got up, a little embarrassed he said hi and left.

“Mom I..we didn’t-“ She cut me out.

“Just get dressed Breana” Her voice wasn’t as harsh as I expected.

I got dressed and packed my things under 10 minutes, I went downstairs and everyone was waiting for me.

John jumped out of the couch and my mother made her way out of the house. Kennedy and Lisa looked at each other serenely, there was a deep moment going on between them.

As we got into the car, I decided to get in the back and I told Kennedy to go upfront with my mother, which he complained about.

“I don’t even know your mom, oh my god Bree!!” He cried.

“Shut up and go, I need to talk to John.”

We were driving back home, and I was sitting in the middle of John and Lisa. John held my right hand.

“Do you think my mom will get mad at us?” I asked whispering in his ear.

“She looks okay with it, we’ll talk to her if she does.” He whispered back.

“Do you know what’s going on with Lisa and Kenny? They look differently” I asked, eyeing Kennedy.
“I think something private was shared last night.” John said after clearing his throat.

It hit me what might of happened. Something that my mother thinks that happened between me and John. It isn’t a big deal, but I want to know how Lisa is doing.

An hour went by and we got home, John kissed me goodbye and went with Kennedy to his house.
Lisa was going home after having lunch at my place. She looked rather distracted and somehow quiet. My mother helped us getting our bags and got the car in the garage.

“I’m going to get your brother from Lisa’s house and I’ll be right back to make lunch, okay dear?”

“Okay mom.”

Me and Lisa barged in my room and she laid back in my bed. Giving me the opportunity to ask her what happened.

“So..” I started. “Tell me what’s going on.”

“Uh?” She snapped back into reality.

“What is going on?” I asked again emphasizing the ‘on’.

“We did it and I’m freaking out ‘cause I never thought it would happen!” She basically shouted, making her own body shiver.

“Lis, that’s great.” I didn’t know what to say, actually I did, but I was scared if I said the right thing.

“It was great. I think he really likes me.” Lisa sighed.

“You had doubts about that? He’s crazy about you.” She laughed and went on.

“Everyone has doubts, even you have doubts.” She was right.

“I guess”

“Now, just be happy about it, you both deserve to be happy.”

“Thank you Bree” We hugged it out. “What about you and John did you…?”

“Not yet” I said.

“Are you thinking about it?” I realized that until this morning I didn’t thought about it. I was focused in getting him to love me and vice versa, sex was something else that comes with love and with time.

“Umm not really” I confessed.

“You probably should, because he loves you so much, you both deserve to be happy about that too.”

Lisa opened my mind to something that wasn’t even on it. I desire John since I met him, but it was an emotional desire and now everything I feel is so vivid, I may want in more ways.
♠ ♠ ♠
They're all making progress in their relationships. Are you looking forward for their next step? Keep the comments coming!