Status: Updates every Sunday.

Quiet Actions

Preface

Silence.

She didn't even hear breathing on the other line. She wanted to him say something - to say anything. But, there was nothing. Astrid felt her heart break. Did you know, it was scientifically proven to die from a broken heart? She'd probably be one of the next statistics. She didn't mean for any of this to happen. He hadn't either. At least, that's what she wanted to think.

"I'm sorry," Austin's voice broke. "I know it doesn't mean much, but I am. I told myself, I would never do this. Never. I didn't think… I… I'm sorry."

She looked at her hands, the ones that used to be held by rough calloused ones. Astrid shook her head. Knowing he couldn't see her, she let her tears fall this time. Silently, though. She didn't want to make him feel any worse. She laughed at the irony of that. She was being considerate of his feelings. She felt so small. The walls of the tour bus closed in around her.

"I'm sorry, too." She ended the call.

Astrid knew since the first day she met him, he was trouble. She knew she shouldn't have fallen for him. But, it happened and she was paying for it. She fucked up. It was all her fault. No. Not really. She couldn’t just blame herself. Astrid moved away from her phone, hoping no one would call her and make her change her mind. She didn't want to change it. Yet, if someone called, she knew she'd stay. Her heart was racing. Or was it just breaking itself all over again?

She didn't know.

She didn't care.

With her near-empty suitcase in hand, she grabbed the rest of her clothes. Her eyes pooled over as she realized what she was doing. She was running away. Like a coward. Astrid was no coward. She sat in her bunk, feeling the adrenaline in her blood. It made her want to run. She didn't want to fight. She wanted to hide, but she knew she couldn't. Tony would never forgive her, no matter how long she begged him. From outside the bus, she heard hoots and shouting. She quickly wiped her face, kicking her suit case away. She laid in her bunk, turning to the side. She pretended she was sleeping when she heard the door open.

The boys piled into the back lounge, loudly. They paid no mind to keeping quiet in case Astrid was in the bus. She knew they were drunk and high. She could smell the fumes through the thin curtains.

"Where'd Astrid go?" she heard Jaime ask. "Her phone is here."

Astrid silently cursed. She forgot all about her phone, too wrapped up in her own problems.

"Uh, hello," Mike sounded confused. "Hey, Austin. Nah, we left their bus not too long ago." Pause. "I think she's in her bunk, sleeping. What me to check? No?"

Astrid couldn’t keep her eyes shut for too long. Mikey was talking to Austin. It was probably from her phone, too. She rubbed at her eyes roughly. She was over the pain and over the hurt. She wanted to be happy.