Bliss

1/1

It was a warm Saturday afternoon; 74 degrees and you could feel the sun warming your cheeks if you sat in it long enough. The grass wasn’t itchy for once, and bugs weren’t even a major concern. It was just the two of us on the comforter from my bed in the backyard lying in the shade of the cherry tree.

I don’t really remember how we ended up how we were, lying on our backs with both our fingers and legs entwined, not talking, just sitting in a peaceful silence, but it was nice. Nothing needed to be said, it was simply a gesture of understanding and innocence. Everything had already been addressed, and it was just comfortable.

Little slivers of light shone through the tree branches and leaves on the blanket and all over our bodies, giving us a leopard print effect. The corners of his lips turned up at the one right above my eye, and mine did as well.

The veins in his hands and arms, I noticed, were raised, unlike mine, but you couldn’t see the color on his arms like you could on mine. Simply enough, we were opposites physically, but not mentally.
Mentally, we were more like pieces of a puzzle; not entirely opposite, but fitting together perfectly.

A plane soared across the sky and left a white trail in a curvy shape. There weren’t any clouds in the sky today – it was perfectly clear and beautiful, as cliché as it was.

And it was all perfect; complete bliss.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wrote this for my friend Kayla, who's on the other side of the state away from me for a History Day competition. Go Squeaky!

I hope you have feels, because I kinda put effort into this even though it's short.