Status: currently on hiatus or something, i'll figure things out

You've Got Nothing to Lose

one.

"Dani!" Josh called, walking inside the bus while shuffling a bunch of envelopes. He wondered how those got here, as they were on a moving vehicle.

She walked towards him, coming from the bunk area. "What?"

Josh handed her a plain white envelope, with perfect cursive along the center. Dani recognized this handwriting, belonging to her mother.

She sat inside one of the booths, Josh following shortly with a few of his own. Dani's letter seemed to intrigue him, as she rarely gets them when on tour. He watched intently as she started reading its contents.

My Dearest Daniella,

How have you been doing? I hope you're having plenty fun on that tour. It's been lonely here in the house without your music blasting on the speakers, or your loud singing and laughter. I keep forgetting to start cooking food enough for only your father and I. Speaking of, I have something to tell you.

Dani took a breath. Josh only furrowed his eyebrows.

Well, your father and I, we haven't been getting along quite well. This isn't just recently, though. We've been arguing a lot since your brother left for university. I don't know if you've noticed or heard any of them. Our arguments have been getting a lot worse ever since you left for tour. So, last month, your father and I decided to get a divorce. Please do not think this is your fault, or your brother's fault. It is no one's fault, except ours. We thought, if our fights just keep on continuing, then why should we continue or own marriage? We confessed to each other that both of us have thought of divorce for quite a time already. The divorce files have been signed, and your father has decided to live on his own now. I am really sorry I had to tell you this through a piece of paper. I love you so much, Dani. Your father does too. Please do not forget that.

Love, Mom.

Dani felt numb. She didn't notice that there are tears staining her cheek, and on the letter. She was shaking uncontrollably, trying desperately to keep her breathing stable.

Josh didn't know what to do. He was asking her questions ever since the first few tears rolled down. "Dani," He placed his hands on both her shoulders, "Please. Say something."

She just kept on shaking her head. She stood up and paced towards doors of the bus, running across the parking lot and towards a black tour bus with a large M logo on the side. Josh's continuous calls summoned the other members into the bus' lounge, asking what happened.

Josh grabbed the letter from the table, reading it aloud. The guys were intently listening.

"Holy shit." Dan was the first to say something. They all looked at each other and started running outside the bus.

Her gray sweatshirt had tiny circles where her tears landed. She kept on running, dodging crew members roaming around the area. The guys were hanging outside the bus, but her eyes stayed on a particular one.

"Kennedy," She ran towards the guitarist, sobbing uncontrollably on his shirt.

Kennedy immediately hugged her tightly, lifting her legs onto his waist. "What's wrong, Dee?" The other guys were surrounding the two.

"Dani!" The members of You Me At Six were jogging towards the group.

"Dani, please tell me what's going on." Kennedy desperately asked.

She couldn't form any words in the state she is in right now. Her head was full of thoughts and words, making her dizzy and confused. Josh handed him the letter that broke her heart. Kennedy's eyes quickly skimmed the letter, fully understanding now.

"Dani, I.." Kennedy was speechless himself. He'd known Mr. and Mrs. Ardelle ever since he was little. They were always so happy, he never thought this would happen.

He sat down on the ground, placing her on his lap. Everyone started leaving to give them some privacy, except for Dan. Dani was the band's drum tech, so they both got along really well.

"What's going on inside that head of yours?" Dan asked.

Dani took a deep breath. "A lot." She sighed. "I think you know how I feel about all this shit."

"We'll get through this, alright? All of us will be here with you. If you need someone to talk to, everyone's willing to listen."

Dani suppressed a small smile. She really was thankful for the people surrounding her. They were all great, supportive and the best people you'd ever meet. No one compared to them. "I appreciate that. Thank you."

Kennedy kissed his best friend's cheek. He would do anything in the world to keep Dani smiling. It broke his heart every time she was upset.

Dan stood up and held his hand out. Dani grabbed it and pulled herself up, Kennedy following shortly.

She hugged the both of them tightly and kissed their cheeks.

"I'm treating you some ice cream. No complaints."

"Aw, how 'bout me?" Kennedy pouted.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever princess." Dan playfully rolled his eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
hi i'm new at the whole writing thing and idk
this sucks
i suck
i'm sorry