Don't You Just Love Pseudonyms?

Chapter Four: "Seriously"?!?

Ayane:

After lunch, I am still standing outside with some friends and acquaintances from class under a birch tree, facing the school.
It's boring as hell, but at least we're outside.
It is beyond comprehension why they still keep us here.
Seriously, if we were in class right now, likely we'd either be watching a really shitty movie, getting taught useless, university-level math, or talking about college courses.
We have our report cards, and finished our final exams.
What more could they possibly want from us?!
And besides, I have far more important things to worry about.
Like Haruto.
After this week, I may never see him again.
Shouldn't that take precedence over useless math?

I sigh and lean against the tree.

That's when I remember what happens this weekend.
It's THE weekend.
The GP weekend! Oh my God!
Every year for the past eight years, the graduating class pools a ton of money together and gets to spend that weekend at a really excellent hotel near the school.
They rent out the entire place, and for two blessed nights, we are completely free.
Everyone gets a deluxe suite, admission to the nightclub, and 24/7 access to the pool.

And while technically alcohol isn't allowed on the premises, I've heard rumors that all the teachers and staff turn a blind eye to it. Apparently one year a teacher "snuck" six 24 packs of Corona in.

As I really start to think about it, a plan starts forming in my head.
And I stated to draw up a list in my mind.

Alcohol. Mini-dress. Lengerie.
And a little help from "V".

I squint at the window of the school.

...Wait, is that Haruto at the window?

Haruto:

She's so cute. From the windows in our classroom, I see Ayane tuck a strand of hair behind her ear. It's not like we have to do anything anyway, so my Ayane-watching goes unnoticed.
Good.
Now she's laughing with a group of people... Over half of which are guys.
I feel a pang of emotion shoot through me.
Morosely , I wished I was one of those guys, if only to make her laugh like that.
Jesus Christ, she just took off her sweater.
That's one revealing tank-top.
Who the hell am I kidding? I didn't even notice the shirt.
Her boobs were far too distracting.
Fuck me. She's not wearing a bra.
Nononononono... Aww, please don't start running...
Shit... I don't have to look down to notice what's already painfully obvious.

As I try and find something to hide it with, a smug voice comes from behind me.
"Still pining after Aya-chan?" a smirking Takashi was standing right behind me.
Somewhat relieved and somewhat mortified, I pressed myself against the wall and tried to act casual around my... "friend" is too strong a word here...

"Yes..." I admitted wearily.

Takashi swatted the back of my head.

"Idiot. Why don't you just go up to her and TELL her?"
I shook my head and sighed.

"I can't. It'd be too weird. And besides, didn't she have that thing for Sakura last year?"

"...and do you remember how happy she was after breaking up with her?" he countered."Seriously, you'd better effing do SOMEthing about it before the GP, or you're going to be sorry."
As he walked away, I couldn't help but think he was right.

Now I'm stressing over the weekend. A sense of dread fills my system.

I'm not going to get to ask Ayane in time.
Either someone is going to ask her first, or I'll scare myself out of it.

Neither option seems great, but I'd rather the second one if it came down to that.
I always wanted to be Ayane's first, and I think it would kill me if I had to hear her moaning through the walls thanks to some other guy- or girl for that matter..
And how do I know that's how the night will result?
Because with everybody that drunk, and with that many horny students, literally everyone is guaranteed sex.

Just when I started to get hopeless, I realized what I had to do.

By Friday night, I will have asked Ayane to be my girlfriend.
♠ ♠ ♠
"The rat is the symbol of obviousness." - Ralph Wiggum.
And while there may not be any rats in this chapter, it should be pretty obvious.
...At least to somebody.