Status: Work-In-Progress (Being updated)

Abeyance

Abeyance - Chapter 2

Walking down this street reminded me of one of the best day's of my life. Last Sunday, to be exact. Just a few hours before disaster struck. Two hours before, more accurately.
I had been walking down this very street to meet up with 2 of the most important people in my life for brunch. An eleven thirty meal with my mother, and the love of my life. I was shaky the whole walk. At that point, we were dating for a little over a year. My mother had finally been able to get here from Oregon, and I was thrilled my two favorite girls would be able to meet each other.
I got to the restaurant to find my girlfriend standing outside.
She looked as gorgeous as ever in her shorter but professional grey sundress and high heals. She was meeting my mother, I requested she dressed nice. But I didn't mean this nice! But there was no way I could even be mad, because God, she looked sexy in dresses.
"Hello, beautiful." I grinned at her. She looked up at me and pecked my lips, distributing her light colored lipstick to my lips.
"Hello handsome."
I wiped the lipstick away for my mother's sake and gripped her hand, and we walked inside, quickly finding my mother and joined her at the table.
I hadn't seen my mother in months, so of course, when I saw her, she stood up and hugged me.
"Hi Kellin." She smiled and patted my back like she always did when I was a young boy.
I hugged her back, smiling too. "Hi mom."
I pulled away and stood up next to my love again.
"Mom, I want you to meet someone special." The look in my mother's eyes showed excitement. But it didn't seem like she thought the girl tucked under my arm and against my chest was the one.
"This is my girlfriend, Tay." I grinned. She smiled too and looked at my mom. She held out a hand and politely said "Nice to meet you, Mrs. Quinn." My mother hesitated shaking her hand, at first. It's like she expected more of me. But this 23 year old young lady meant more to me than any other girl I've ever met. And what isn't there to like about Tay? She's beautiful. Her smile is the most ravishing thing about her. The way her lips slowly curl into a smile as she gets happy and laughs. The way her teeth are aligned. Her brown eyes were big and bold. To me, it appeared you can find the answer to whatever you need just by staring at them long enough. If you don't get lost in them, that is. I was only three years her senior, I don't understand why my mother was looking so disappointed.
But my mother decided to shake her hand with a smile. "Hello, Tay. I'm Jennifer."
"Nice to meet you."
I pulled out a chair from the table for Tay to sit on. She fixed her dress so it didn't pop up when she sat and took a seat, pushing herself in. I sat next to her, my mother across from us.
The meal consisted of talking and eating. And to my hopes and likeliness, the two women were hitting it off. At the end of the meal, closer to one o'clock, Tay's hand broke mine from underneath the table.
"Excuse me, I'm going to use the restroom."
My mother and I both nodded, and I watched her as she walked into the lady's room. I protected her like no other. Once she was inside, I looked back to my mother.
"So what do you think of Tay?"
She slowly smiled at me, all the disapproval disappearing.
"She's a good girl. Young though. But I do like her, don't mess her up."
I chuckled. "I won't, mom. I guard her with my life."
As I said that, I noticed the table start to shake.
"Mom, what's-"
"What is that!?" A woman screamed, and everyone's attention was brought to the windows where unfamiliar creatures were running around outside, stepping on and attacking innocent citizens . But in just seconds, a group of three of those monsters broke the glass window, and everyone ran around screaming. My mother was one of them.
"Mom?" I looked around for her, staying as calm as possible, "Mom, where'd you go?"
But Tay...
My mind slipped away from my mother and to the woman who's hand I was about to ask in marriage when she got back to the table.
"Tay?" I ran around screaming her name, looking everywhere.
I started towards the bathrooms, when a man pulled me by the back of my shirt.
"Do you want to die?" He yelled, trying to drag me away. He was wearing a black suit; the host of the restaurant. "We have to get everybody out of here."
I looked behind me, noticing people in the crowded restaurant being ripped to shreds. I was lucky I made it this far. But I yelled.
"Let go of me! I don't care! I have to find her- Tay!" I screamed.
He pulled my shirt again, successfully pulling me a few feet away from the bathrooms. I stared at the door in hope she'd walk out. But there was no movement whatsoever. Everyone who was inside ran out already.
"Tay! Taylor Jardine! Please! Where are you?" I screamed at the top of my lungs, and tears started slipping down my cheeks. Hot, wet tears, that stung my heart more than the skin they touched.
"You have to get out of here!" The man yelled at me. Another waiter, who had just successfully helped an old woman out, helped the host drag me away.
"Tay!" I screamed again as I sobbed and got thrown out of the restaurant. "I love you...!"
The next thing I knew, the two men tossed me outside alongside others. Some people were running away for safety. I then noticed these aliens had attacked the whole city. Nowhere was safe. I collected myself, careful not to step on anyone's body on the ground, dead or not. I examined each of them though. I wanted to find Tay. I had to!
After looking at every body that lay lifeless on the ground, I started running. I noticed one of those extraterrestrials coming my way. I ducked into safety for at least one second to catch my breath. But it was no use. I ended up standing there crying for a good 15 minutes, until another creature found me and sent me running a mile a minute.
I snapped out of my flashback and continued walking down the street. I took another drag of my cigarette and sighed.
I guess this is life now. I guess this is how it will have to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 2/? of my fanfiction 'Abeyance.'
This was really just the back story about the invasion and Kellin and his girlfriend's relationship.
MORE TO COME SOON!:D