Status: Work-In-Progress (Being updated)

Abeyance

Abeyance - Chapter 8

We all walked silently down the hallway and towards the stairs. Well, it was silent, until Jaime excitedly exclaimed "Wait! Wait, you guys have to see this!"
I stopped and sighed. "See what?"
He took out a key, and unlocked the door to another room.
Lights leaned back against the wall, so I thought I'd stand next to her.
I heard things banging around inside, and I stood up straighter. I wasn't sure what to expect.
My eyes widened when I saw Jaime step out of the room with a creature, yellow and orange.
"Guys, this is it."
"What is that?" Lights screamed and scrambled for her gun. We've never seen ones that fly before...
"This is my pet." He grinned proudly. It made a loud noise and started flapping its wings. I started heading the opposite direction, as did Jack. But Lights acted. She took out her shot gun, not even hand gun, and shot a bullet into it's chest.
A one shot kill through the heart.
My eyes widened more. Damn, Lights was good with a gun...
Jack was thankful.
Vic showed no emotion. He was too wasted.
But Jaime. He was pissed.
"Why did you shoot it!?" He yelled at Lights.
"It was one of those aliens, it could have killed us!"
"But I trained him! It was nice again!"
"I don't care, they're dangerous!"
He pushed her against the wall again and dug the stock of the shotgun into her stomach.
"I'd watch out, maybe I'll kill something you love." He glared.
She coughed and put an arm around her stomach. I can tell it did, and only imagine, how bad that hurt.
Jaime kneeled down next to the alien's dead skeleton.
"I'm sorry that bitch killed you." He whispered, then glared at her again. I sensed from there on, there would be a horrible relationship between them. We all started walking again. I hung around in the back behind everyone else and walked next to Lights.
"Are you okay?" I asked her in a whisper, "That looked like it hurt."
She nodded. "I'll be fine." She whispered back.
I subconsciously put an arm around her shoulders as we followed the others. Again, to my surprise, she relaxed into my arms.
I wondered how old Lights was. But she wouldn't remember, she lost her memory. She was younger than me, I can tell that, by a year, maybe two.
I wondered where she came from. She didn't sound like she was from New York. But if she was, it had to have been northern New York. It was possible she was Canadian. It was a good inference from her accent. I wondered what her real name was. But Lights was nice. It fit her. She was bright and beautiful, just like lights were. Bubbly.
Just like Tay was...
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 8/? of my fanfiction 'Abeyance.'
Short and sweet chapter. More to come!
Enjoy!:D