Gaijin No More

Scents and his plan

Aiden's POV

I felt insanely good after Cody promised me he'd never do drugs. And the way he reacted after I told him about my past only made me feel even better. I had been incredibly insecure about telling him, but it had felt like a right time.

Thank God he was so understanding.

The clock was probably way past midnight by now, but it didn't matter since it was Friday. We had just sat in my car, talking about random things. I still had Cody on my lap and I wasn't going to let him go any time soon. It was comforting to have him this close to me.

And it wasn't like it bothered him. He had one of his arms around my neck and the other one was playing with my necklace. Only a kiss and everything would've been perfect.

I had been thinking a lot about my relationship with Cody and the more I thought it, I wanted to have something deeper with him. I guess you could say that I had a crush on him.

It seemed natural. I couldn't remember when was the last time I felt this good with someone else. So what if we were both guys? Cody was almost everything I would've wanted my girlfriend to be. But what were the chances of finding a girl like him?

Now that I think about it, I wouldn't want Cody to be a girl. He was much better being a guy. So I might as well date him.

Only I had find out what he thought about dating me. Sure he was comfortable being on my lap and he didn't seem to mind when I was all touchy-feely with him. And I was that quite a lot.

How do you ask another boy if he'd like to start dating?

For now, I'd start dropping subtle hints about my crush. We would see if he has same feelings for me.

I didn't see any need to stall my plan any further, so I gently nuzzled my nose into Cody's hair. He let out a quiet giggle as my breath tickled the sensitive skin of his neck. I had a urge to kiss his skin, but I didn't dare. That would've been a bit too forward.

“Mmm, your hair smells like apricot," I mumbled in surprise. I'm not sure what kind of scent I had been waiting for, but I guess apricot worked for him.

“It does?” he asked, with slight amusement in his voice. “Actually it should smell like lime.”

“You use lime scented shampoo?” I chuckled and removed my face from his hair so I could look at him properly.

“Don't laugh! It makes my hair soft,” Cody said defensively, a blush making its way on his cheeks.

“Well, this is definitely apricot,” I said and took a deep breath of his scent again. I was sure I was going to get high. Damn Cody smelled good.

Cody caught me off guard when he moved his head so he could smell my hair.

“You smell like rain and...” he took another breath, apparently trying to figure out what else I smelled like. I couldn't remember what kind of shampoo I used so I wasn't much help.

“And?” I asked, shivering a bit as Cody buried his face deeper into my hair. I hoped I wouldn't get hard. I was pretty sure it would scare Cody and that was the last thing I wanted.

“Like...Like...” Cody thought for a moment before finishing his sentence. “Like Aiden.”

“Oh? And what does Aiden smell like?” I laughed at his choice of words.

“Like your hair smells,” Cody stated, pulling back so he could see my face. I locked my brown eyes with his green ones, enjoying the content look in them.

Even if it would've been rushed, that would've been a perfect place for a sweet kiss. And I felt bold enough to actually do it, but the moment was ruined by the ringing of Cody's cell phone. Damn you fate.

Cody arched his body so he could get the phone out of his pocket, causing his thighs to rub against my crotch. I had to fight against arousal and I'll tell you, it wasn't an easy task.

“Hi dad,” Cody answered his phone and I mentally groaned. Bruce was most likely asking Cody where he was and I knew I should take him home soon.

I didn't pay attention to what Cody was saying, too busy with staring at his pink lips as they moved while he spoke. Soon I'd find a way to kiss him, I promised myself.

“I think we'd better get back,” he said to me as he finished with his dad. “It's already almost one a.m.”

I let out a small sigh, but nodded. Reluctantly I allowed Cody to move away from my lap, immediately missing his weight and warmth on me.

“Was your dad mad?” I asked, starting the engine. I felt a bit guilty, not wanting Cody to get into trouble. My family was used to me staying out late so they wouldn't get worried.

“No, he just wanted to know if I was sleeping at home,” he answered, giving me a great idea.

“You could sleep at my house.” That way I could spent more time with him, and now that I think, I have a pretty big bed.

“Are you sure? I mean, I haven't even met your family.” Shit, he was right. How come I had become such a good pals with Bruce but I hadn't even mentioned Cody to my mom? Note to self: introduce Cody as soon as possible. The sooner I do it, the sooner I can have a sleepover with Cody.

“Well, I'll introduce you to them tomorrow. It's about time I do that.”

“Sure. What time you want me to come over?”

“I'll call you before I pick you up.” Cody nodded in response and we arrived to his house way too soon.

“See you tomorrow,” Cody said and opened the door but before he could get out I grabbed his arm and pulled him into a hug.

“Thank you,” I whispered into his ear. “Thanks for being so understanding.”

“No need to thank me,” I could hear a smile in Cody's voice as he hugged me back. “I'm glad you told me.”

I gave him a final squeeze before releasing him.

“Good night,” I said softly, swiping Cody's hair from his eyes.

“Night Aiden.” I didn't leave before I was sure Cody was inside the house, shielded from the cold night air.

Yawning I stretched my arms, glad that the day was over.