Gaijin No More

Weekend plans and condoms

Cody's POV

I was standing by my locker when I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist, squeezing me affectionately against a solid chest. I jumped in start at first but soon relaxed when I realized it was just Aiden.

Aiden had completely surprised me when he didn't avoid showing affection to me in public. I had thought he'd want us to be subtle about our new relationship status, but it turned out Aiden was anything but shy. He held my hand when we walked together, he would hug and kiss me every chance he got and basically he always wanted to have some sort of physical contact with me when we were at the touching distance.

I loved every minute of it.

It felt nice when I had someone who to kiss and be all lovey-dovey with. I had never given much thought to dating and love in general, but now when Aiden and I were dating, I saw what I had been missing. Aiden gave me a warm feeling and our deeper relationship brought new happiness into my life.

During the day I noticed that we earned a quite many looks and sometimes I saw people glancing at us and whispering to their friends. Now that I thought about it, I hadn't seen any other same sex relationships in the school. That doesn't mean there wasn't any, I guess the others just didn't show it as openly as did Aiden and I.

No one gave us much trouble about it, though. A couple other students even smiled at us and even encouraged us. It made me feel confident, not that I had any doubts in the begin with, but still.

“What do you want to do this weekend?” Aiden murmured against my hair and kissed my head.

“Now that you mention it, I wanted to talk about it,” I replied and turned to look at him. Aiden pulled back a little so he could get a better view.

“Oh really? So do you have something in mind?” he cocked his head to the side with a curious look in his brown eyes.

“My dad said he'd like to spend a weekend with Laureen, so I'm going to be alone at home. Could you maybe keep me company?” My dad seemed really be smitten by Laureen. He was almost like a thirteen-year-old boy with his first crush. I can't remember when was the last time I had seen dad so happy and vibrant.

Not to mention Laureen was amazing. She was just the kind of a woman I could see my dad with. Funny, kind and smart. Besides, my dad needed a woman in his life. I didn't want to see him grow old alone.

“A weekend alone with you? I can't think better way to spend time,” Aiden said smiling and pecked me on the lips. We were still on the no-tongue kisses. I still felt weirded out about having someone else's tongue in my mouth.

“Great! Now dad can leave with an easy heart since he doesn't have to worry about me. He still thinks I can't stay home alone more than one night.”

“If I were your dad, I'd be exactly like him. Who knows what could happen to a clumsy kid like you?” Aiden laughed when I tried to pout but failed when I couldn't resist smiling.

“For your information, I'm not that helpless as you all seem to think.”

“Sure you aren't. So what time should I come over? Before or after your dad leaves?”

“Come whenever you like.”

The bell rang, telling us to get our asses to the next class. I had Biology and Aiden had Social Studies. We kissed goodbye and parted our ways.

“Dad! Are you home?” I yelled when I got home, tossing my back bag on the floor.

“I'm upstairs!” Was his response so I climbed up the stairs and headed towards his bedroom.

“Good news, Aiden said he can come over this weekend. So you can have fun with Laureen and not to worry about me,” I said and flopped down on the bed, stretching and popping a few bones in the process.

“That's a relief. Otherwise I would've had to call you every other minute,” he said and rummaged through his wardrobe.

“We both know that would be completely unnecessary, considering how I'm more than capable of taking care of myself.”

“I know, I know. I just don't like the idea of you being alone. I feel much better knowing that Aiden's going to be here with you.”

“So where are you and Laureen going?”

“To a spa.”

“A spa? Wow, that's romantic. Was it your or Laureen's idea?”

Dad's ears reddened, like always when he was embarrassed, telling me it was his idea.

“I guess it was mine,” he mumbled and threw a pair of socks into his suitcase.

“Who would've thought that old Bruce Adams has a romantic side?” I teased and ducked my head when dad tossed a pillow at me.

“Shut up you little rascal, there are a lot of things you don't know about me,” I snorted at this.

“Yeah right, name one.”

“What age I lost my virginity?”

“That's a gross question but the answer is fifteen and the girl was Julie Peterson who lived two blocks away from you.” Dad looked astonished.

“How in hell do you know that?”

“Grandma told me.”

“That bitch.”

“Hey she's your mother, show some respect,” I scolded playfully.

“Speaking of losing virginity, I got something for you,” he said and tossed a small package on the bed. I reached for it so I could examine it better, only to notice it was a packet of condoms.

I felt my cheeks flush.

“What the hell am I supposed to do with these?” I asked, not looking at dad.

“It's always better to be prepared.”

“I think you need these more than I do. I kinda enjoy being the only child,” I replied, throwing the packet into the suitcase. Now it was my dad's turn to blush.

“We are not ready for that yet. We have only known each other for couple weeks,” he said and took the packet out.

“And I won't even let Aiden use tongue when kissing, so sex is not a current thing,” I shot back.

“Too much information. Now go finish your homework or bug Aiden, I have to pack my stuff,” he laughed and pointed the door, ruffling my hair when I walked by him.