Gaijin No More

Smoothies and shattered window

Cody's POV

Our blossoming relationship involved a lot of kisses and touches, and we both liked to be close to each other. I felt bold as we lay on the couch, so I decided to add some spice on our kissing.

I had no idea what I was doing, so I let my instincts take the lead. Tentatively I parted my lips and slid my tongue out, running it over Aiden's lower lip before taking it into my mouth and sucking it.

Aiden breathed in sharply but didn't break the kiss, instead he brought his own tongue into play once I let go of his lip. I allowed him to slip his tongue into my mouth and he rubbed it gently against mine, sending delightful shivers through my body.

We pulled away from the kiss slowly, keeping our noses touching.

“That was unexpected,” Aiden said smiling and stroked my cheek with his thumb.

“Was it bad? I had no idea what to do,” I asked, slightly nervous.

“It wasn't bad at all. I'm glad you made the first move.” Those words made me relax. I wrapped my arms around Aiden's shoulders and snuggled close to him. Closing my eyes, I let out a deep sigh of contentment.

I felt Aiden kiss my forehead before moving his body in to more comfortable position. He caressed my back in long, slow stroked, lulling me into sleep.

We slept the whole night on the couch. I don't know how it was possible, since it was so narrow. And what amazes me even more is that we didn't wake up before the clock was already past noon. We slept nearly twenty hours.

“It's been a while since I slept that well,” Aiden muttered against my neck, placing small kisses as he made his way on my lips.

“Same here,” I answered and kissed him back. “Let's go get something to eat.”

I untangled myself from Aiden, cracking my stiffened neck. Aiden tried to pull me back on the couch but I stepped away from his reach laughing and telling me to get up. He mumbled something which I couldn't understand and buried his face into the soft cushion. I shook my head at him and headed to the kitchen.

First I filled April's cup with cat biscuits and poured clear water into her water cup. Then I began to search through the cupboards for breakfast cereal. Dad had a bad habit to put them in places where they did not belong.

Today I was lucky, the cereal boxes were found easily.

“Do you want cocoa cereal or cornflakes?” I yelled over my shoulder, expecting Aiden's answer.

“Cocoa cereal,” came his muffled reply. I stretched my hand and stood on my tip toes but I still couldn't reach the box. Cursing my dad for putting the box on the top shelf, I got ready to jump when I felt Aiden wrap his arms around me and lift me into the air.

“Shit!” I cursed and grasped the cupboard for support. “Don't scare me like that,” I whined and took the cereal box, signaling Aiden to let me down.

“Don't complain, I know you liked it,” Aiden stuck his tongue out. I rolled my eyes and put two bowls on the counter, filling them with cereal.

Aiden made me sit on his lap and insisted on feeding me. We really didn't get to eat that much, as we both were more interested in sucking each other's faces off.

“Let's go to the mall. I'm in the mood for a smoothie,” Aiden suggested out of the blue, so we changed our clothes and Aiden drove us to the mall.

I got myself a raspberry smoothie and Aiden had a blackberry one. We wandered around the mall while drinking our smoothies. Aiden drank his in few minutes and said he wanted to taste mine. At first I refused but then he started to whine and I had to give up.

I let him drink the rest of my smoothie and then we ditched the mall. There wasn't much to do, when neither of us felt like shopping.

The next few hours we spent driving around the city, occasionally stopping for a short walk or taking a few photos. Of course I had my camera with me. It would be a cold day in hell before I went anywhere without it. We also took a couple photos of ourselves together, Aiden said he wanted to have a picture like that on his nightstand.

As we got back to my house, we changed into our pajamas. We were going to stay the whole evening in front of the TV, eating pizza and sweets while watching movies.

We watched Overnight Delivery, Kill Bill 1 and 2 and Dead Silence straight in row. After the last movie ended, we moved upstairs in to my room. Our movie quotas were filled for the night.

We lay on my bed facing each other, just talking. April was curled up sleeping on the foot of the bed, purring quietly.

The clock was half past two in the morning and we still hadn't slept, mainly because we slept so long last night. We weren't tired at all.

As we were in the middle of a make out session, a sound of glass breaking came from downstairs. We both froze in spot, hearkening for any other sound. It was completely quiet.

“What the fuck was that?” I whispered and sat up, Aiden doing the same.

“Something got broken apparently.”

“But how?”

“Maybe April knocked something over," Aiden suggested, but I shook my head.

“She's sleeping right there,” I said and pointed the foot of my bed. Aiden stood up from the bed and crept to the door, peeking in the hallway. The whole house was dark and silent.

I followed Aiden and attempted to get into the hallway, but Aiden stopped me.

“Stay here,” he whispered, “I'll go check what that noise was.”

Aiden didn't give me any time to protest when he was already going down the stairs, quiet like a cat in the night.

I watched him disappear, worry gnawing my gut. If there was a burglar in the house, I wasn't going to let Aiden play some kind of a hero and possibly get hurt.

I walked quickly to the end of the hallway where a closet was. I took out my dad's old baseball bat and descended the stairs, trying to keep quiet. I looked around but couldn't see Aiden.

“Aiden?” I whispered and moved forward towards the living room. I clutched the bat on my right hand. Why wasn't Aiden responding?

I called his name again but got no answer. I was starting to freak out when a hand clamped over my mouth and a familiar voice said 'boo' next to my ear.

“Holy shit!” I breathed out when Aiden let go of me and turned me around to face him. “Thanks for nearly scaring me to death!” I hissed, a bit mad but still relieved.

“I couldn't resist,” Aiden grinned.

“What was that noise we heard?” I asked and looked around. Everything seemed to be in place.

“Just a photo frame. The nail supporting it gave in and the frame shattered on the floor,” Aiden explained and pointed behind me where a broken frame was.

I calmed down immediately, glad that it hadn't been anything serious. Aiden drew me close to him and we kissed. I was about to suggest we go back to bed when I felt a chilly air brush the naked skin of my arm. I turned my head and noticed that the window of our back door was broken.

I frowned.

“Aiden?”

“Yeah?”

“That window wasn't broken earlier, was it?”