Status: Currently on hold.

Ghosts in the Snow

Chapter Ten

When we got to the apartments, I built up the courage to kiss Kellin on the lips, but Kellin backed away hesitantly, looking over the parking lot. After this, my confidence, absolutely shattered... I felt like trash. "What's wrong? I said, blinking my eyes to prevent them from glistening. Was he embarrassed of me? A tight tension rose in my chest.

"Nothing, I'm fine," his lips curled into a smile and kiss me. As it all happened, I didn't even think of the kiss because of how bewildered I was. "I'll call you tonight, if that's okay?" He says walking away towards the stairs.

"Of course!" I reply, blinking my eyes as they catch the setting sun. The orange pigment of the sunset was a headache waiting to happen. He smiled and waved at me, closing the door behind him. Apartment number 323. Mike and I start walking back.

"What was that all about?" Mike asks. He noticed too.

'Honestly I don't know, it looked like he was looking for someone," I reply, gripping the straps of my backpack. We walk on the side of the road, careful to stay clear of any oncoming traffic.

"His parents maybe? Do they know he's gay?" Mike asks casually halfway through, but his tone suddenly goes quiet as if he had made an offensive comment. He almost flinches.

"I don't know," I look down, distracted in my thoughts. For some reason, I don't feel content. I'm happy to be with Kellin, that's the damn truth, but somehow everything feels so rushed. He said we were boyfriends today, but I haven't known him that long. What if his parents really don't know he is gay? The way he hesitantly backed away, the way his eyes scanned the parking lot. What if they wont approve of our relationship?.... How will they react?....

I quickly lift my hand to make sure I'm not walking into the road. I pull out my phone and text Tony. "When's the concert?"

"This Saturday at 7 at the Hideout." The Hideout is an indoor skatepark/bar downtown. It's mostly always teens who hang out there, but there's sometimes the occasional 22 year old who gets drunk and doesn't know how to stay graduated.

"Well the concert is Saturday at the Hideout, good thing it doesn't interfere with your football game," I inform Mike and laugh. He rolls his eyes and smiles. My lips turn into an inevitable genuine smile and I feel happy. Mike never rolls his eyes, he always used to feel like that if he rolled his eyes, he would hurt someone's feelings. I'm glad to see he's loosening up.

As we get home, I go inside and try to head straight for my room but my mom steps in front of me and stops me with out saying a word. She looks pissed off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, but I'm back on track!