Status: Currently on hold.

Ghosts in the Snow

Chapter Three

The next few days at school didn't drag along as they used to seem. I still had that picture of the man. As it turns out, the newspaper did write an article about the Quinn house burning. It was a kitchen accident. It showed only a picture of the black, charred house, no family. The only names mentioned was Diana and the surname Quinn. "So that's your last name..." I thought.
Mike and our parents thought I returned it, but I never even found out where these people lived. I kept the newspaper. It was a little information of this 'Quinn' boy, valuable information. It was a small, paragraphed article, but I didn't care.
Last Monday, the Quinn residence in Jacinto Heights went down in flames by the cause of a horrific kitchen accident. "I was only baking a casserole until my husband called after me. Next thing I know, there's a huge fire in the kitchen. The fire department was too late," comments Diana Quinn. The cause of the accident was simple forgetfulness of the oven door left open. The family now resides in the Guadamile Apartments until they decide what to do with their 20 acres property on the outskirts of Jacinto Heights.
I walked into Mission Bay High. It was barely autumn, but the air conditioner was freezing. My light tanned skin turned a pale hue in reaction to the temperature. My fingertips felt like they were dripping water. I should of brought my damn jacket. I rush to my locker hoping there's a hoodie in there. But according to my luck, there wasn't. "I'm gonna fucking complain," I whisper as I walked into first period. I sat in my usual back of the room desk.
As the teacher lectured some random nonsense, I slowly pulled out the picture frame. Curiosity got the better of me. I flipped the metal clips on the back of the frame. Black cardboard became loose and I pulled it off, revealing the back. I read with a smile on my face, "Kellin Quinn, 2011" I wonder how you look now...
"Mr. Fuentes, is there something you'd like to share?" The teacher startled me, making me jump a little. I quickly stuffed the picture in my bag.
"No ma'am! I mean, I'm sorry. I just... Blurt things out sometimes. I guess it's like tourettes or something," I half yelled.
Ms. Tandrom gave me a bitchy look, "well than maybe you should get some professional help on that," Bitch.
"Are you gay or something? Starring at a picture of some dude?" The person right next to me asked loud enough for the class to hear. I blushed in embarrassment. I need to become more aware of my surrondings.
"Is that so? Victor give me what ever you are preoccupying yourself with. My smooth thinking automatically reached for my pocket. I pulled out a small picture of me and my brother. I slowly walked toward Ms. Tandrom's desk. Everyone's eyes were starring at me. I became nervous...
"It's only a picture of my brother and I. I saw it and became distracted. I'm sorry ma'am, it won't happen again," I sucked up to my English teacher with proper language. Ms. Tandrom game me an approving look and pointed to my desk.
"Go sit down and pay attention," she commanded.
"Yes ma'am," I replied and walked back to the darker part of the room. I glared at the guy who previously made the comment. He looked confused. The bell rang and I sprinted out of the room. I saw Mike in the hall. He waved hi but I ignored him. I just looked at him as I passed by. His smile faded to a frown and I realized what I'd done. I turned around. He still stood in the same spot. I smiled at him and he was enlightened. I waved and continued on walking to second period.
I walked into second period and saw a group of people surrounding someone in front of my desk. They looked up, and... And it was him, it really was him. Kellin Quinn in the flesh. He didn't look but only slightly different, just a little older and longer hair. The tardy bell rang and Mr. Trenton addressed everyone to take a seat. Kellin smiled at me. "It's really you..." Kellin raised his eyebrows.
"Oh, you saw the paper?" He seemed annoyed. I nodded my head and looked at the floor as I walked to my desk. He thinks I'm weird now doesn't he? I felt my eyes become misty. Don't cry damn it!
Mr. Trenton began to speak, "as you see class, we have a new student. Kellin, please stand up and introduce yourself," Kellin raised in front of me and walked towards the whiteboard. He scanned his green eyes across the classroom. He looked nervous.
"My name is Kellin Quinn. My family just moved into the Guadamile Apartments. You've probably heard that our house burnt down, well it did, obviously. I was previously home schooled but now I attend public because my parents can't teach me much because they have to work more to try to get everything cleaned up. But besides that, I'm 16," Kellin nervously smirked at Mr. Trenton and sat back down in his desk. His hair was so, I don't even know how to explain it. I steadily lifted my fingers to touch the tips of his locks. I gasped at the soft feeling. He didn't notice, think God.

Second period went by too damn fast. Turns out that's the only period I have with him. I pity myself. The walk home was same as usual. I snuck out of eating dinner and logged onto my laptop. I logged onto facebook. "Kellin Quinn" I typed in the search bar. 16 results popped up and the first one looked like him. All the info was accurant, I believe. No mutual friends. I clicked my mouse over 'send friend request' I scrolled over to his interests. His favorite bands are Silverstein, A Skylit Drive, and Never Shout Never. I smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sort of short, but it explains a lot. I haven't updated in a while cause my phone was taken away >:( But I have internet now yay! So I can actually type on a laptop instead of a phone, which takes FOREVER!
I attempted to make a layout, but kinda failed. Well at least it looks better than that blue and white. Anyways, constructive criticism is always accepted. Tell me what you think! :)