Status: Currently on hold.

Ghosts in the Snow

Chapter Six

I wandered into first period misty-eyed. I imagine all my emotions being shut up in a little box. No one can know about this... I hope to God Mikey doesn't have a panic attack. It's only been a few days and I've already ruined it with Kellin. Why do you have to screw everything up Vic? You just had to take a big turn in your life because you couldn't keep your crap bottled up. You've done it for years! Why couldn't you do it now?!
I wished these 50 minutes of first period would go by slow. I need time to think about what I will say to Kellin, if he'll even look me in the face. I stared at the clock, assuming it would slow time. This is going to be a waste of time. I'm probably just going to ruin the rest of the school year for myself, and possibly even Mikey. But I can't do that to him! What if Kellin tells other people? People would mess with Mikey because of me! 'Your brother's gay?' 'Your family are freaks!' I could imagine what people would say...
I grabbed my backpack and pulled out my sketchbook. When I had to take therapy, the therapist told me to start drawing, he said it would help calm my nerves. I found out I'm actually pretty good.
"Mr. Fuentes, no backpacks in the classroom. You know this." I just stared at the teacher. "Well don't just stare at me, get a hall pass and put the backpack in your locker." I rolled my eyes and slung the bag over my shoulder. I didn't even bother to take a pass because the teacher was too busy already yelling at someone else. I than began to make my long walk to the other side of the school. Luckily no one else was out here. One more hall to turn...
"Vic..." I widen my eyes in frustration. I shifted around and saw Kellin standing outside the boy's bathroom. "Vic, please don't walk off. We need to talk." Oh God... He's probably going to tell me about how he doesn't plan on hanging out with me anymore, or probably telling me to just forget he even existed...

Much to my surprise, Kellin rushed up to me and grabbed the sleeve of my Snow White's Poison Bite hoodie. He looked at it and smiled as he looked back up to me, "nice band. The Story of Kristy Killings is my favorite album, but anyways come with me." He dragged me in the restroom. Oh my gosh..! Kellin's mutual fandom of SWPB made me feel a little better at least. Maybe he doesn't want me to forget he existed at all, maybe he wanted to forget the incident earlier.

Kellin pushed all the bathroom stall doors open, indicating we were the only ones in here. "Why am I making sure no one is in here? I was just here..." I assumed he was talking to me.

"Oh..." I didn't know what to say! I hope I'm not boring him.

"Oh sorry Vic, I was just talking to myself. I use to do it a lot to help with the loneliness of being home schooled, but that's not that point right now. I might as well hurry 'cause the teachers are probably sending someone to check on us," that was actually pretty cute of him. I turned to the mirror to catch myself blushing, I covered my lower face with the sleeves of my hoodie. Kellin noticed and smiled, a real smiled. He grabbed my hands away and held them.

"Look I'm sorry for eavesdropping on you and that guy, he said you were embarrassed probably. I guess that's why you ran off, but please don't do that again. All I'm asking is, was it all true?" Kellin was still holding my hands.

I stuttered, "I-I, wh- what d-d-do you me-mean?" The anxiety rose once again in my stomach, did he want to know so he could tell everyone I was gay. 'Victor is a homo!' 'Go suck a dick Fuentes' I shuddered at the remembrance of San Diego Middle School.

"The things you said. The way you said you feel about me, is it true?" His expression seemed to drop, but his grip on my hand grew stronger.

"Y-yes..." I heard footsteps coming close. The feeling of chainsaws and bees entered my abdomen.

"Mr. Fuentes! Mr. Quinn! Are you there? It's been ten minutes!" Kellin's eyes sparkled a aqua and the second I blinked, I felt a pair of soft skin crush into my lips. Kellin was kissing me! My first kiss! What would he think? A 16 who has never kissed. The sensation quickly ended and Kellin was heading out the door.

"Sorry ma'am! I was in the bathroom," I walked out the door behind him and was surprised he was referring to a student hall monitor as ma'am. I forgot I still had my backpack.

The hall monitor pointed at me so I quickly assured, "I had to put my backpack up, but I had to use the bathroom." Well it was the truth.

"Well put it up and get to class." This chick was so demanding. Well, Kellin Quinn, he kissed me! Does this mean anything to him? Because it sure as hell means something to me. I shoved my bag into my locker and then the bell rang.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been two weeks! I have seriously been procrastinating bad, but this week, I will be tackling on the remaining chapters. This story will have four more chapters, but don't worry! There will be a sequel with way more than ten chapters because I'm on a limit for this one and I have an idea for a sequel anyways. :)