You Make Me Wanna Act Like a Girl

Chapter 1

"Kydel, I'm sorry to have to do this, but Dylan thinks that since him and I are dating, that we should have our own place." Rachel said.

"What do you mean?" I asked, furrowing my brows.

She sighed. "Well. You're going to have to leave... by tomorrow."

My eyes widened, and my mouth literally hit the floor. "You're kicking me out?"

"I'm sorry." She said apologetically.

I sighed. "Whatever, after everything I've done for you as your roommate and your friend, this is how you repay me. By kicking me out! Well fine. It doesn't even matter." I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose. "At least do one last thing for me."

She raised a brow. "Let my dog stay, until I find a place."

She nodded. "Absolutely. No problem. And I'm sorry Ky, I'm really sorry."

I rolled my eyes and walked up the stairs to my room to start packing.

~

That was about 2 weeks ago. Since then, I've been literally living on the streets. Since I'm from America, I don't have a license for England yet, meaning, I don't have a car, so I spend my days in random shops, until they close then I'm on the curb with my pillow and blanket. I have a little knapsack with a toothbrush and toothpaste, deodorant, spray and eyeliner. I haven't had a decent meal since a week before I was kicked out. I buy granola bars to get me through the day.

The manager of the coffee shop I've spent my day in today, just kicked me out, saying something along the lines of "I'm giving the shop bad cred." So I've moved to the street corner, bundled up in my blanket.

As I started to doze off, someone tripped over me. I shot my eyes open and looked to where a young man was standing, staring down at me. I immediately put my head back down, attempting to hide myself from this guy.

"Excuse meh miss." He said. "Are yeh okay?"

I slowly looked back up at him and shrugged.

"Yeh don' know?" He raised his eyebrow at me.

I shook my head.

He looked at me confused for a moment before speaking. "Well, where's yeh car? I can walk yeh to it."

"I- I don't have one." I croaked out, throat dry considering I haven't had a decent drink since the day before.

"Yeh American?"

I nodded.

"Wha's yeh name?"

"Kydel."

"Well Kydel, where yeh stayin'? I'll drive yeh."

"Here."

"Wha'?"

"I'm staying here." I said, patting the sidewalk where I sat. "I was kicked out of my house by my roommate and I stay here now."

"How long ago were yeh kick ou'?"

"Like two weeks?"

"Tha's crazy. Yeh can' stay here. It get's cold at nigh'."

I chuckled dryly. "I know."

He smiled. "I suppose yeh do." He stuck out his hand. "Come on."

I stared at his outstretched hand.

"I'm no' gonna le' yeh stay ou' here. You'll come stay wiff meh."

I looked at him shocked. "But you don't know me. I could be dangerous for all you know."

He rolled his eyes. "Yeah. Yeh dangerous alrigh'. Wiff them big doe eyes."

I sighed in defeat. "Okay. Fine."

He grinned as I took his hand and he pulled me up. "Bloody 'ell! When was the las' time yeh ate properly?"

"Way before I was kicked out." I said wrapping the blanket around me as he grabbed my pillow and bag.

"Well, when we get teh OUR place, yeh gonna take a nice warm showa, I'll give yeh some of meh clothes and we'll eat a nice meal." He smiled down at me as we walked to his car.

"That sounds absolutely wonderf- wait." I stopped and he turned to look at me. "I'm about to come live with you and I don't even know your name!"

He smirked. "I'm Tom. Tom Sykes."

"Well, Tom Sykes, it's a pleasure to meet you."