You Make Me Wanna Act Like a Girl

Chapter 2

When we walked into the flat, I was pleasantly surprised by how tidy it was. Maybe he had a maid? I heard a chuckle and I looked over at him.

"What?" I raised a brow.

"Yeh face. It's like yeh neva seen a flat before." He continued to laugh.

"Not one this clean owned by a young single guy."

"How do yeh know I'm single?"

"O-oh, I mean, I just assumed. If you have a girlfriend, are you sure I should be her-"

"Relax, I don' have a girlfrien'." He cut me off.

I let out a sigh of relief.

"Yeh happeh 'bout tha'?" He smirked.

"No, I just didn't need to get kicked out again this quickly."

His face grew serious. "I wouldn' let yeh stay on the street. Come on, I'll show yeh to the bafroom."

He walked me to the bathroom and grabbed me two towels. He left and I stood there awkwardly. He returned a few moments later, with a plastic bag, and some clothes.

"Here. Put yeh clothes and undergarments and shoes and anyfing else in the bag. I'll wash em for yeh. I grabbed yeh a pair of my sweatpants and a hoodie. Along wiff a pair of boxers. Get dressed, and come join meh in the living room."

"Okay. Thank you."

He nodded and closed the door, leaving me alone in the bathroom.

I pulled open the shower curtain and turned the hot water on. Once I was in the shower, and the water hit my body, I immediately felt the dirt and grime slide right off my body. Literally the best thing in the world. I looked around and found his shampoo and conditioner. Popping open the lids, I squeezed a generous amount on my hands and began to wash my hair. I repeated with the body wash, borrowed his razor, because it was most definitely needed and soon, I was nice and clean.

I walked into the living room clean and cozy and saw Tom sitting there watching tv. When he noticed me, he smiled and stood up.

"Hey, yeh ready ta eat?"

I nodded eagerly and he laughed. "Don't laugh. I haven't had a proper meal since before I was kicked out." I defended myself.

He stopped laughing and walked over to me, grabbing my hand and walking me into the kitchen. I watched as he prepared some grilled cheese. I took that time to study him. His short brown hair that was spiked up slightly in the front, the little marks under his gorgeous blue eyes. His beard, the thought of what he looks like without it running through my mind. The tattoo on the back of his neck, peeking out from the top of his hoodie. My eyes travelled down to his tattooed arm. Beautiful work etched into his skin permanently. Suddenly his voice broke me out of my thoughts.

"Food's done."

I looked at him and noticed that he was holding a plate out for me. I smiled shyly and took it.

He put his sandwich on a plate and led me back into the living room. We sat on opposite sides of the couch and ate in silence.

-

Once I was finished, I walked into the kitchen and over to the sink, rinsing off my plate and placing it on the mat to dry. I walked back in to see Tom spread across the couch. Looking around, I didn't see any other place to sit, so I sat on the floor in front of the couch.

"What are yeh doin'?" I looked over at Tom and saw him staring at me.

"Sitting." I responded.

"Why on the floor?"

"You're laying down and you look tired." I shrugged.

He clicked his tongue at me. "Come 'ere." He said holding his arms out. "Come lay wiff meh."

"Uh, I don't know."

"Kydel. We're livin' togetha. Layin' down togetha isn't a big deal."

I got up and let him pull me down on top of him, so my head was laying on his chest.

"Tom?"

"Hmm?"

"Are you allergic to any animals?"

"Why?"

I lifted my head to look at him. "My dog is staying at my old place. I told my ex-roommate I'll come back for her once I get a place to stay."

"So yeh wanna get yeh dog?"

I nodded. "If it's not any trouble. I'll clean up after her and feed her and-"

"We'll go get her. Wanna go now?"

I looked at the clock on the wall. "It's almost 8."

"I don't care. We'll go get yeh dog. Come on."