Status: Starting off a little slow. Subscribe and you wont be dissapointed.

How We Became.

Chapter Three.

Chapter 5
Friday quickly came and I was pretty excited. I always am when there's a show, but it was also the day of my interview which I was freaking out about. I got dressed in a red pencil skirt with a black tube top covered in a black blazer. Heels; always have to wear heels for interviews, right? so i wore my red gladiator stilettos. My make up was subtle; A small line on on my top lid finished with mascara and my lips were smacked bright red. I had pulled my hair to the side and braided it. After I was satisfied, I got into my car and headed for the clothing store. My nerves were in whack, so I stopped by a Starbucks and got a Frapp to calm down a bit.
I pulled into a very busy shopping center where only Tourists usually go. The store were all the top name brands; Chanel, Gucci, Prada, BCBG, Charlotte Russe. I never could afford any of these brands but with the exception of Charlotte Russe.
I locked my door and headed in, immediately being greeted by a young looking girl with short brown hair and brown eyes. She greeted me as I walked in and met me in the middle, "Hey, welcome!"
"Hi, My name is Dakota. I have an interview at 3 with Joy." I smiled and her eyes lit up.
"Yes, Yes! Right this way." She led me into the back and through a door. 'EMPLOYEES ONLY' In red letters smacked right in the middle. I followed her through a slim hallway, racks filled with boxes of shoes on both sides and into another door, where racks of clothes filled. My eyes fell on a older women, maybe in her mid 30's sitting on a chair behind a desk, a phone held between her shoulder and head. She spun around, looked at the both of us and smiled, holding a finger up.
"Right. I have to go. We'll talk later." She quickly hung up and stood to greet me. She was pretty, no doubt. Like the first girl I met here, Joy had brown hair, brown eyes and tanned. I knew she was Filipino, that accent was a dead give away. She wore a black pencil skirt with a white inside shirt and a blazer to cover. No heels, but cute black moccasin boots.
"Joy, This is Dakota." Joy smiled and nodded. The girl left and Joy directed me to the sit next to her. I obeyed and waited while she grabbed a stack of applications and sifted through it.
"Okay, Dakota Jensen." She finally found mine and pulled it out. She then grabbed a separate sheet of paper with what looked like questions and laid that over my application. "Okay, first things first. How are you?"
I smiled and nodded, "I'm great actually. Honestly, I'm pretty nervous." I laughed.
"Oh, don't be! I went over your application and you seem like a perfect fit. I'm sorry it's been so long to actually give you that call."
"It's okay. Better late than never, right?"
She smiled and nodded.
***
I GOT THE JOB! Okay, not really. Joy wanted me to come back in two days to work the floor for a "mock" period. Weird, right? I didn't mind, I worked in retail a lot before so I knew I had it in the bag. I hopped back into my car and headed straight 'home'. Jay's jeep wasn't in the driveway, which meant he wasn't home, I didn't mind that at all. My phone vibrated in my back pocket as I got out of the car. I ignored it and opened the fridge to find something to eat. I walked into the living room and turned on the TV along with the XBOX. Jay didn't have cable, so we were stuck with watching Netflix. I knew exactly what I wanted to watch for the next couple of hours and that was Doctor Who.
I completely forgot about my phone ringing earlier until I felt it vibrate again in my back pocket. I arched my back and reached for it, Derricks name flashing across the screen. I groaned and read his message. 'Hey x'
Simple.
'Hey! What's up?
I pressed the send button and returned my attention back to the screen. Ah David Tennant; such a beautiful, beautiful man. My phone vibrated again.
'Hanging around. Where's this show again? My friend and I were kind of wondering.'
I replied with the directions. I looked over at the clock and decided to start getting ready for the show.

**
Pulling up to the venue, I parked and headed in. This venue was different than the first. This was kind of a well-known venue in town. It was upstairs from a restaurant. And a huge '4PLAY' banner were hung across the wall, making it easy to see from the main road. I was greeted by a buff Hawaiian dude, with a tribal tattoo on the side of his face. I wasn't intimidated. I had family scarier looking than he does. He checked my ID, wrapped a band around my wrist and collected my money.
On the right, was the bar/sitting area with a couple of dart games. on the left was the stage and a couple of tables/booths. a huge wooden dance floor smacked in the middle and aside from that; the hallways to the bathroom. I instantly saw Sage, Chris and Dylan, Tera and Talia.
Oh, right, I forgot to tell you. Dylan and Tera came over to Jays house and apologized for overreacting yesterday. I immediately forgave them and we went back to being friends again. It was kind of nice having them back in my life, but funny thing is, I always knew they would. At least, I knew Dylan would because she's always kind of running back.
I joined them and watched Talia set up for her acoustic set. I glanced around the venue to see if Derrick and his 'friend' was there. Load and behold, their sitting in the corner facing each other next to the bathrooms.
I smirked, pulled out my phone and texted Derrick.
'I see you.'
I watched as both Derrick and the mysterious boy read the text message and look around the venue in hopes of finding me. To no avail, I see the cringe in both their eyebrows, Derrick quickly typing on his phone. My phone lit up in my hand.
'I don't see you. Where are you?'
I look over and see mystery boy looking over at me. He points and I smile, walking out just in time to for Talia to finish up her very short set. Sage and the gang follow me outside for a smoke. My peripheral vision shows me, Derrick and 'mystery boy' doing the same. We reach the bottom of the steps before they do and I pull out my cigarette pack, giving one to Sage and Dylan. Derrick and his friend completely surpasses me as they walk by. I decided to just introduce myself already.
I walked up to both of them and gave them my best smile, "Surprise!"
They both smile, "Hey."
I quickly (and awkwardly i might add) hugged Derrick. I could feel his breath on my neck, making me shudder and pull away from the hug. He muffles a cough and looked over at his friend, "This is Ryan." Finally a name to match that handsome face.
"Nice to meet you." He smiled. I knew it was this guy who i really wanted to get to know. I knew the moment I saw him last week that I wanted him. His voice was almost like music to my ears. His face up close was perfect, not a blemish in sight. His eyes were bright as the ocean (just like it was last week), and that smile; his smile was beautiful. His teeth were pearly white perfect.
"Same." I returned the gesture. I introduced the guys to Sage, Chris, Dylan and Tera. "So, where are you two from?"
"Louisiana." Ryan commented
"Kentucky." Derrick announced proudly.
"Kentucky? So like, Banjo type. Ding-ding-ding-a-ling?" I asked strumming an invisible banjo.
Ryan busted out laughing and that only made my insides feel good.
"I guess." Derrick shrugged as he tried to hide the fact that he was smiling.
The rest of the night, I continue to make small talk with both of the guys. My mind raced as Ryan talked animatedly about music and I only returned the favor with doing the same with the bands that we were seeing tonight. Derrick sat on the side while Ryan and I joined everyone else in the pit. It was kind of nice.
After saying goodbye to everyone for the night, I drove home and hopped onto my computer. I wasn't sure if I was ready for what was to come the moment I had accepted a friend request from Ryan Nikols himself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and sub! :)