Status: a jalex two-shot for you all. :)

You Belong With Me

2/2.

I was walking down Thames Street, near the docks. I could just hear the sea slapping against the wooden piers that led out to sea. I turned left at the end of the street, towards the docks.

The sea breeze blew my brown hair out of my face. I walked nearer to the docks. I saw dark hair similar to Jack's blowing in the breeze. I approached carefully and then realised it was Jack. I speeded up until I was next to him.

"Jack?" I said, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Y-yeah?" He said, tears sliding down his face.

Oh God, he's still sad. Well obviously he's going to be sad, he confessed his love for me and I rejected him. Although, technically I didn't, I just walked away, which was basically the same thing.

"You alright?" I asked pointlessly.

"No. You must be fine, seeing as you've got someone who loves you."

"Actually... I haven't."

"You haven't? I thought you had Lisa?" Jack said.

Furiously, I blinked back the tears that had appeared in my eyes.

"N-no. I don't." I said, trying to ignore the way my voice had cracked.

"Why?"

The one word was my undoing, said in such a caring voice. I gulped as tears flowed down my cheeks.

"She, she cheated on me. Again. I know she did it before, but this time it was in my face. Literally. I was on the other side of the room even she just started making-out with this random guy. It, it hurts Jack." I sobbed, just wanting some comfort from my best friend.

"Oh Alex." Jack said, pulling me into a hug.

I pressed my face into his warm chest and calmed down, listening to the sound of his steady heartbeat.

"Hey Alex?" Jack said.

I tilted my head back so I was looking into his deep brown eyes. But I was only looking into them for a second before he closed them and leant down. He pressed his lips against mine. I was in shock, forgetting to move my lips in response. He pulled away.

"I know you're still hurting from your break-up and that you're not gay. I know you probably hate me now but... I had to kiss you, just to see what it felt like. " Jack rambled, nervously pulling his hair with a hand.

His other hand was still rubbing circles on the small of my back. I leaned into it.

"It's ok Jack. Don't beat yourself up about it." I said.

"W-what?"

"It's fine Jack. Stop beating yourself up about it. Calm down."

"B-b-b-but..." Jack stuttered, clearly confused.

"I know. I'm confused as well. But I guess we could try a relationship?" I offered, hoping he wouldn't tear my offer away from me.

"A relationship?"

"Yeah." I said quietly.

He let his arms drop from around me and I stepped back.

"Ok." Jack said, smiling.
♠ ♠ ♠
I fixed Jack, did I not?

yay, Jalex.

comments are always welcome. :)